Cyberpunk 2077

cobra

Aug 29, 2015
Anyone else besides me looking forward to this game even though little is known about it? I've always liked cyberpunk even though I never played the P&P Cyberpunk 2020 though I have heard of it for a long time. Sounds like it might be a cross between the Witcher 3 and Fallout 4 in a cyberpunk open world setting.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Personally, I'm hoping for more of a Deux Ex wibe than Fallout. But yes, it would be nice to play a CDPR game I can enjoy, for once.

Klaptrap

Aug 27, 2015
I'll buy it once I can afford a computer that can run this.

So sometime before 2077, I hope.

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
I haven't been this excited for this game since the second Mass Effect or the release of Fallout 4 with Mod support. From the gameplay video, I'll blow so much cash on it to get the fullest experience from the game. Single player+immersive rpg narrative and I'm going to play the shit out of it until i start loading my guass cannon for a more "personal" experience - the NPCs looked appitizing as hell. Yum!

Reactions: cobra

cobra

Aug 29, 2015
I haven't been this excited for this game since the second Mass Effect or the release of Fallout 4 with Mod support. From the gameplay video, I'll blow so much cash on it to get the fullest experience from the game. Single player+immersive rpg narrative and I'm going to play the shit out of it until i start loading my guass cannon for a more "personal" experience - the NPCs looked appitizing as hell. Yum!

I know what you mean. I feel like after watching the gameplay demo every game Ive ever bought before this just feels like shovelware....

Reactions: Foxxling

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
I'm constantly asking, "where is all that development time going?" with "AAA" games? We got Fallout 4 with leatherface facial and body textures and designs (in a Bethesda fashion trademark at this point). The overindulgence of League of Legends style games instead of Half Life and Portal from Valve. The overuse of FPS and online multiplayer elements in Bioware games. The moneyscumming tactics of Square Enix in Deus Ex franchise. Konami's abortions of Kojima's work just to squeeze out another kidney stone out of a micro-dick. Big names and it seems like CD Projekt Red is fucking the right notes and singing show tunes with how well they put out quality single player games with genuine effort to express their desire to showcase it. If it took them so long to get this game out, it should be a template of how ALL AAA games should be, the longer it takes - the better the product and more sales. It the publishers that are getting too damn greedy and shareholder demanding a quick fix now rather than a long term investment.

budha

Dec 6, 2015
I'm constantly asking, "where is all that development time going?" with "AAA" games? We got Fallout 4 with leatherface facial and body textures and designs (in a Bethesda fashion trademark at this point). The overindulgence of League of Legends style games instead of Half Life and Portal from Valve. The overuse of FPS and online multiplayer elements in Bioware games. The moneyscumming tactics of Square Enix in Deus Ex franchise. Konami's abortions of Kojima's work just to squeeze out another kidney stone out of a micro-dick. Big names and it seems like CD Projekt Red is fucking the right notes and singing show tunes with how well they put out quality single player games with genuine effort to express their desire to showcase it. If it took them so long to get this game out, it should be a template of how ALL AAA games should be, the longer it takes - the better the product and more sales. It the publishers that are getting too damn greedy and shareholder demanding a quick fix now rather than a long term investment.

that's cause they seem to be listening only to one group of people (the loud grievers) that want pvp in everything so they can camp out and deny game enjoyment for anyone else. No Mans sky is an example of this as Hello Games finally delivered on the games they said they were putting out and now alot of people are saying where is the pvp. why can't we attack people, i want to attack people etc. even though it was said that it would never be like that, I hope it stays away from that type of game play. also look at what Hello games put put and what the game is like now and can see someone was pushing them to publish before they were truly ready.

so if a developer stay true to their vision you get good games, but when they start to listen to one group or from other outside pressure you get a pile of manure.

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
To be honest, i think everyone needs to shut the fuck up. Yes, everyone!

- Publishers who make rushed announcements, no one wants to hear from you asshats until you give us a reason to give a shit and only that's in the form of a polished full game with zero microtransactions.
- Developers who want to explain how their mechanics work and always reassures people. You're pandering to the audience and not sitting in your office doing some fucking work, but they sit on their asses trying to convince people their game is good. Okay, then why are we DOWNGRADING games?!
- Gamers who bitch moan and complain because of Social Justice Warriors have the gall to insult a game and ruin it for everyone for retaliating against TROLLS! It's always the person who throws the last punch that gets the flak from the media and its always the gamer that gets blamed for everything, stop being the Poster Child of the Banned Video Games campaign!
- SJWs, the true scum of the earth, forcing a group to re-develop a game's core mechanics and features to suit them than the actual clients when they don't even play anything beside Tetris on their phone! They're sole purpose is to troll people to get their kicks, that's it, they're the public face of anonymous people with no shame or integrity.

Only way for games to get back on track is less publicity and more development, because if we keep buying this shit they grind out of the slime machine then that's all we will get. We have to assure our own quality of games so we don't have more of these Dark Ages of the Gaming Industry. I'm ready for the Renaissance of Gaming.

Reactions: cobra and Evil

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
To be honest, i think everyone needs to shut the fuck up. Yes, everyone!

- Publishers who make rushed announcements, no one wants to hear from you asshats until you give us a reason to give a shit and only that's in the form of a polished full game with zero microtransactions.
- Developers who want to explain how their mechanics work and always reassures people. You're pandering to the audience and not sitting in your office doing some fucking work, but they sit on their asses trying to convince people their game is good. Okay, then why are we DOWNGRADING games?!
- Gamers who bitch moan and complain because of Social Justice Warriors have the gall to insult a game and ruin it for everyone for retaliating against TROLLS! It's always the person who throws the last punch that gets the flak from the media and its always the gamer that gets blamed for everything, stop being the Poster Child of the Banned Video Games campaign!
- SJWs, the true scum of the earth, forcing a group to re-develop a game's core mechanics and features to suit them than the actual clients when they don't even play anything beside Tetris on their phone! They're sole purpose is to troll people to get their kicks, that's it, they're the public face of anonymous people with no shame or integrity.

Only way for games to get back on track is less publicity and more development, because if we keep buying this shit they grind out of the slime machine then that's all we will get. We have to assure our own quality of games so we don't have more of these Dark Ages of the Gaming Industry. I'm ready for the Renaissance of Gaming.
At this point, huge games like this need to spend more money on marketing than actually developing the game. It sounds crazy, but the price to make AAA games is extremely high and there's huge pushback against raising the price. They've tried doing stuff like season passes, day one DLC, and deluxe editions just to try and hide the fact that they really need to be selling the game at a higher price than $60. The only other option to turn a profit is to sell the game to as many people as possible, which means marketing gets progressively larger and larger.

There's only three options to deal with top of the line games getting more expensive to make:
  1. Don't make games top of the line, settle for lower graphical, audio, and mechanical fidelity to keep your budget down. You can pick easier to make art styles to mask this.
  2. Charge higher prices for the games. If it costs three times to make the game as it did 10 years ago, it would make sense for the game to cost $180 retail, right? That's about when the last standard price increase happened from $50 to $60. Alternatively, find more ways to make money off of the same game, such as special editions, DLC, and Loot Crates. Fremium games fall into the same category.
  3. Get more people to buy your games. If it costs three times as much to make the game, all you need is for three times as many people to buy the game to make it as profitable. That means lots of marketing.

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
At this point, huge games like this need to spend more money on marketing than actually developing the game. It sounds crazy, but the price to make AAA games is extremely high and there's huge pushback against raising the price. They've tried doing stuff like season passes, day one DLC, and deluxe editions just to try and hide the fact that they really need to be selling the game at a higher price than $60. The only other option to turn a profit is to sell the game to as many people as possible, which means marketing gets progressively larger and larger.

There's only three options to deal with top of the line games getting more expensive to make:
  1. Don't make games top of the line, settle for lower graphical, audio, and mechanical fidelity to keep your budget down. You can pick easier to make art styles to mask this.
  2. Charge higher prices for the games. If it costs three times to make the game as it did 10 years ago, it would make sense for the game to cost $180 retail, right? That's about when the last standard price increase happened from $50 to $60. Alternatively, find more ways to make money off of the same game, such as special editions, DLC, and Loot Crates. Fremium games fall into the same category.
  3. Get more people to buy your games. If it costs three times as much to make the game, all you need is for three times as many people to buy the game to make it as profitable. That means lots of marketing.
Well that's all fine and dandy ... when you're an "independent" developer with less than a hundred employees.

We've seen games come out with the same graphically fidelity as a AAA game that's been in development for years. Yes we've been told cost of games are more than $60, that's just an excuse. The reason i think so is because have the budget is majority: marketing; and if the publisher paying for the game to be developed then they have to set standards and have a template. Game engines, graphics fidelity, scripting, model for everything in the game space, i'm not saying its easy (its fucking hard as shit) but we don't need 4k HDDR high definition with crisp audio and multiplayer aspect on dedicated servers for PvP, PvE and Narrative World spaces in a single player game that belongs in a Offline gaming franchise. Those are gimmicks, to add more bang for your buck - so to speak. You add more space into an open world like say ESO: Skyrim, it just a bunch of empty space with lots of lush but without substance. If i take a soda can and drink from it, and its empty, then i'm left with is an empty can with no liquid gold. Back then on N64, 400mb was considered a HUGE deal but the problem was that the memory drive had to contain both the game and the audio so the developer got creative and used mixes of audio to mimic different tones and atmosphere or a rehash of some level with a different color and map layout, but it still was a huge deal to make an entire complete game with just 400mb (i'm guessing the size, obviously). With all the gimmicks we have in today's market, they don't get too interested in filling up the world spaces they create and opted in for a huge graphically pleasing setting and awe inspiring audio instead of gameplay that used to be revolutionary and deeply thought provoking.

I think this inflation of features and bells & whistles theme is primarily because publisher are forcing these outrageously bad demands that are impossible to fulfill in an allotted time set for the developers. Is it Bioware's fault their games sucked after signing with EA? No, they were rushed and the intended game they had made was scraped and retrofitted with more crap that nobody asked for or was expecting. EA publishing pushed for time to be called and they shipped the games out before their time - forever being bad. We use EA as an example (not just because they truely are a shitty company) but it's a commonplace practice amongst publishers that don't cater to gamers, but their shareholders who make these demands for bigger shares and the company inst going to give them their cut of the profits so they have to have a scapegoat to take the fall. Game didn't sell very well? Blame the developers, its easy and they know they'll get away with it because they're not held to the same standards as developers. If the developers don't work on the publisher's standards they get shutdown if owned by them or they simply wont get contracts or future jobs and the companies go bankrupt. Rest In Peace: Westwood Studios.

I can accept downgrading graphics for more detailed and better controlling schemes for the game, i can accept cosmetic microtransactions to offset other expenses, i can accept glitches and bugs in a minute detail. But hamfisting features into an unfinished game and making bad ports of a game they were not intended on being in with it grilled to the bones with transactions for purchasing: save slots, leveling exp, special one-hit guns, shortcuts to better gear, paying for DLC that were meant to be in the game in the first place. If they need to raise the price of the game, so be it but that would mean losing a low income audience that can't get them. If they lower the price too low, then they will be eating into their profits to just barely break even on the overhead costs of the entire production. So that's where the community is currently at right now on whether $60 is considered fair or not (to those who don't know).

But where some developers and publishers fail, CD Projekt Red and Bethesda Softworks have their hand on the pulse of the community and understand what the people want and are able to satisfy those craving in the right way. They make games that either cater to one audience or the other, but not both. There's too much mutli-tasking and overall technical support that some companies do not have or cannot provide because they must move on the the next project of their next game or they will have to delay that game just so they can fix the recently released one. To us, we're the consumers that is blissfully unaware of how the metaphorical sausage is made. The less we know whats going on behind closed doors, the less we have to protest and fight against and if we do find out (and we always do) it will either blow up in their faces or we see it as shade (shady business). To the developers, we're the gripping step-child that demands attentions and if we pitch a fit, they freakout and are intimidated by them. During development with Anthem from Bioware: they said they were afraid of us if the game wasn't to our liking. Gabe Newell said he stopped making Half Life after the blowback during Mass Effect 3's controversial endings to the trilogy for fear that our expectations were too high.

In truth, developers are afraid of us and the publishers > gamers are afraid of developers making bad decisions and hate publishers > publishers are afraid of their shareholders and boycotting gamers but just don't give a fuck about anyone's business except heir own. That's what i see at E3 Expos, this year's was appalling because nobody had anything substantial to showoff and no gameplay except Bethesda and maybe PS4? I dunno about PS4 because i'm strictly PC and Xbox. Which, bravo to the Cyberpunk 2077 team for that brilliant display during the Xbox Press Conference!

Foxxling

Scientist
Creator
Gameplay reveal did make me wet my boxers a bit but so does any news about this game. It has been confirmed that I get to have a guy who has casual sex... with guys. hope they have strip clubs... with guys. Cause games don't do that shit even if they have gay romance options.

Even if it didn't have the gayness I so deserve the game looks badass, the lore is fucking deep and complex and CDPR as a studio is cashing in on simply being the good guys which they deserve especially in this day and age.

Hopefully CDPR's phenomenal back to back successes and critical acclaim will help steer the market in the right direction.

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
I've suspected as much, but I think it might be a late release, October maybe. The wait is killing me...

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
At the stage, I'm starting to think Cyberpunk 2077 isn't the title, but their own projected release date.

Klaptrap

Aug 27, 2015
Looking forward to seeing 2077 earn 10 billion dollarydoos only for some suit to say it's not enough and lay off 200 peeps.

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
Looking forward to seeing 2077 earn 10 billion dollarydoos only for some suit to say it's not enough and lay off 200 peeps.
Fortunately, CDPR is a respectable company, and doesn't see it as good business to do so.

We need more CEOs like Satoru Iwata, he was such a nice guy.