[]

Miakoda

Nov 4, 2017
Somewhere Somehow
forum.fenoxo.com
There are a few problems I see with this idea.

1. I (personally) think you're going way too loose about the entire "Steele's Mother" thing. She was purposely created to be one of the most mysterious characters in the game, simply because of how many choices revolve around her, and how much time it would take to actually implement such a humongous character in the game. There have been several questions regarding a possible implementation of Steele's mother (I myself having asked one of them), and all of them have been met with the same answer: because she's so huge and complicated, it's highly unlikely that she'll ever be implemented. I'm not saying you should give up, but rather that you should know what you're getting yourself into. If you think this is a small undertaking, you're seriously mistaken.

2. Grammar. I already went in and fixed a lot of minute grammar errors which, honestly, made the reading really difficult to be interesting. It's completely throws you off and breaks one's train of thought. Good writing needs to flow and make grammatical sense, so that players won't become disinterested or jarred. While I can't claim to write perfectly, I can tell you to be careful with your grammar; look to others for help, observe accepted works to see how it fits together and try to learn from them.

The main point of this all is that you should realize what you're attempting. This is no light task, and to treat it as such would mean certain refusal of your submission. But don't take my words as harbingers of discouragement. Take them as a guide. I am interested to see how you'll interpret this humongous topic, but be careful. I fear many have tried before you.

PS. Ewww, incest...

Miakoda

Nov 4, 2017
Somewhere Somehow
forum.fenoxo.com
Also is Bess actually finished now that I actually think about it?
What the heck does Bess have to do with Steele's mother? If you mean Briget, ok. But Bess is an A.I. controlled Sex Toy that can be found on Tarkus...

TheDevilYouKnow

Oct 21, 2015
What the heck does Bess have to do with Steele's mother? If you mean Briget, ok. But Bess is an A.I. controlled Sex Toy that can be found on Tarkus...
Zevos mentioned that Steele's mother should be more like Bess because of all of the starter races instead of a static NPC. It's in the other thread that was posted to the wrong subforum.

Miakoda

Nov 4, 2017
Somewhere Somehow
forum.fenoxo.com
Zevos mentioned that Steele's mother should be more like Bess because of all of the starter races instead of a static NPC. It's in the other thread that was posted to the wrong subforum.
So mom should be more of a sex toy you can change to your hearts desire? Or am I interpreting this wrong?

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
So mom should be more of a sex toy you can change to your hearts desire? Or am I interpreting this wrong?
No, it's how much of a code hell Bess/Ben was that SteeleMom would be. Maybe in a lesser degree, but still, you'd have to account for starter races, and add more as things go on. She can be whatever the PC was originally is (While modding her human I wouldn't say is 'bad' for the sake of keeping some sanity, I feel like it ruins the purpose or... something idk how to word it...)

There's just a lot to add to her in general regarding race, upbringing, personalities, etc. etc.

And also there's the fact that the idea of actually writing for her has been rejected constantly as is, by both the community and devs due to the hassle it possibly carries, so this whole thing just feels really.... idk... forced I guess? Even her name feels that way.
I'm trying not to sound mean or anything. It's just that this imo (And some others) would've been better as just the simple email wanting to know how you're doing and whatnot, just to show she's alive and still cares about you, and just leave it at that. No meeting her in person, nothing complicated needed, just an email so that you know she's actually alive and you're not some damn orphan with both parents dead (Because even with protag powers you cannot get more cliche than that)

Also teehee at going 'Ew' to incest publicly when it's the more popular fetishes around here. Not sounding snide, but it's just kinda funny within this community of all things. Yer just gonna have to bear it buddy.

Last edited:

Zavos

May 7, 2016
I meant that mom should be variable soup. One of the major reasons she hasn't been written thus far is because Bess has proven how abusive these types of characters be to inpliment

Miakoda

Nov 4, 2017
Somewhere Somehow
forum.fenoxo.com
Also teehee at going 'Ew' to incest publicly when it's the more popular fetishes around here. Not sounding snide, but it's just kinda funny within this community of all things. Yer just gonna have to bear it buddy.
Oh this place has introduced me to all sorts of fetishes and kinks (the one of such being the "tail genetalia"). Incest just has always been a big no in my book. But hey, to each their own. Can't love every NPC