CoC Xianxia Mod (0.8v2 for CoC 1.0.2)

Liadri

Aug 28, 2015
I am not understanding what you are trying to get at; if there any conclusions you have that I do not, please do share.

But no, while I haven't checked the higher level monsters, the lower levels don't even deal the same damage to me as they did before. Something is most definitely off, and I have every reason to believe that it is the difficulty level.

Actualy base imp and goblin are the only ennemy that never scale up in ng+ its made that way so you can grind the initial levels with ease.

Hence why you should check on a sand witch or a naga

randomanon

Oct 17, 2015
... don't even deal the same damage...
Bloody christ, yes it's the difficulty at issue here. Most session specific settings seem to reset upon ascension but hardcore mode carries over for some damn reason. Please fix it and carry the whole thing over or allow us to re-pick the difficulty upon ascension.

Like seriously, as if I don't have enough issues dealing with tech support personnel in real life.

Liadri

Aug 28, 2015
Ok I figured you out. I guess we can indeed check for a difficulty toggle in ng+

Liadri

Aug 28, 2015
Patchoulie Gdoc is about as complete as can be for a initial release and Raiju/Electra currently being implemented. So the grand dylema remains... cat or weasels? Who cares because you will get them both!

20170926_122057.jpg

ShifterDreams

Sep 18, 2015
>x3 personally id love some kittys and speaking of cats any idea when the nekomata tf will be added? or if there a document for it?

Liadri

Aug 28, 2015
The doc exist but the tf doesn't seem to be in the coding agenda yet.

Last edited:

Linarahn

Jan 6, 2017
Eh, as long as the Gargoyle content comes to completion soon, I'll be happy \o/
As for the Raiju-related items, how will you handle two possible species transformations? Two different items altogether or something like Sylvanol in TiTS?

Liadri

Aug 28, 2015
Raiju? That's weasel only. The cat shown here is Cheshire

Amygdala

Feb 24, 2017
I seem to have hit a bug with this version where if I hit Explore -> Explore I get a blank page
I get this bug often. :(
I don't know what causes it but for some reason, the amount of times the game sees you've explored is set to negative integers and so theoretically you'd have to travel that amount of times to actually get anywhere. The only practical way I've found to fix this is by using CoC save editor, go to the locations tab, and set all the integers to 0 (or whatever number you want it to be).

Sacredferro

Aug 26, 2015
I've noticed this and a variation of the Revamp mod hosted offsite does something similar whereby CoCED nearly always shows an erroneous count for times visited for pretty much any location you've gone to or unlocked, often showing 0 or some number far less than actual visits, rarely one that's correct or even in the realm of correct. This happens regardless of NG level. I've already noticed this on several versions of Xianxia including this one. Not sure what causes it, but it's been an issue for quite some time. Might be related to the one described by Monkeyboi, Amygdala, and Ryii.

On a different topic, what gives devil TF's? I'm just curious is all, you know for science...honest. ;)

Last edited:

Ravie

Jun 3, 2017
@Sacredferro Infernal Wine, craft it at Evangeline's

As for the negative explore issue on my end... I've honestly never experienced it myself when using xianxia-exclusive savegames. It happens very fast if I try loading vanilla or other mod version saves to check things when lazy though.

To add more to that, what I suspect is happening is that quite a few actually try to load revamp saves in xianxia because they don't want to lose their character or are too lazy to start over.
Because of this I'm thinking saves are likely getting borked over because of how xianxia has a couple zones not present in other mods, and likely flags as well may get borked if they have different values than expected due to being linked to different things. (IE if flag #### is expected to be 0 or 1, but is 2+ it might overflow going into extreme negative. Who knows how the code decides to deal with it anyway)

Above paragraph is speculation obviously, but if someone's save is borked and it concides with said speculation, making a new game might just be what's needed to do to get rid of errant savedata.

Last edited:

Sacredferro

Aug 26, 2015
It's not that as I don't mix saves from one build to the other. The mods are too different in structure by now to not run into at least some errant issues doing that. In fact I had a couple character saves, both of which were generated with Xianxia 0.8f) I was using over the last day or so and both had the same thing happen.

Well, while I'm here and sucked back into playing CoC mods again, I'd assume I'm not doing it right but it seems like Dual Weld doesn't work...at all. It says it doesn't work with large weapons, staffs, and ranged weapons, but nothing seems to allow me to equip more than one weapon, be it a copy of that same weapon or even a combination of them. I've tried whips (even Lethice's), lust and regular daggers, katanas, the flail, mace, and several other general swords like the Beautiful Sword and Scimitar. What gives?

Sacredferro

Aug 26, 2015
Well....it's because it's not literally a "dual wield any weapon you own" thing. Check the weapon shop in Tel'adre, and you'll understand more.

Ah, I see. Well, thanks for pointing it out and it makes much more sense now.

The description's a little misleading listing off weapons classes it doesn't work with which makes the insinuation that it should work with anything else as long as you have two of them. Instead, and this is more for Ormael to consider, I would suggest that it should just say outright that this perk only works with specific weapons meant for dual welding in the first place. Someone who's already played this mod enough might already be well aware of such weapons, but someone like myself who have really only played this mod once or twice isn't going to know that. At that point, it's like saying a perk doesn't work with large weapons but leaving out the part where it only works with staffs if staffs weren't already a thing. It's not incorrect, but it's not very transparent or clear.

Virgilia444

Dec 25, 2016
Sorry to bother with this but urta quest need rebalancing when i find with the minotaur lord with urta i can't beat him he has 19000hp but urta hit at 200hp so i lose to lust or hp but before the minotaur lord the quest don't have this problem.

Kinofthehunt

Sep 20, 2017
Sorry to bother with this but urta quest need rebalancing when i find with the minotaur lord with urta i can't beat him he has 19000hp but urta hit at 200hp so i lose to lust or hp but before the minotaur lord the quest don't have this problem.
use tease to win

zufield

Feb 25, 2016
I think it would be nice if there were some kitsune-related pregnancy content added (perhaps related to the forest kitsune, the grove, or both). Dunno how hard this would be.

Virgilia444

Dec 25, 2016
Thanks for the advice but the minotaur lord beat you in 2 hit and (4 with second wind)you don't have time to inflict sufficient lust damage to beat him.

Secretlemon

Oct 6, 2017
Just wondering if we can get a chart of what a race's bonus and weakness including perks and abilities. It would just make it easier to tell what fits what better and what races are total garbage and need a buff.

Reactions: Kesil

Secretlemon

Oct 6, 2017
what race in this is garbage?

as far as i can tell the races themselves don't lack in anything they give you, only half races do that.

Edit: there are also change logs that tell us the races stats if i remember correctly.

By garbage i was referring to the current cat tf. i had a full race and only 20+ speed which seems really weak imo
The only races i can find with stats are the elf,oni anddevil race unless there is a large changelog i dont know about

Secretlemon

Oct 6, 2017
I'll try it out on my debug champion and see where the stats lie at lvl 40+

Edit2: so looking at the stats the cap for a normal run is 120 with a +20 speed cap if you get the ascension perk chemrical or get it the long normal way you can get 8 racial score and it will give you a 240+ max speed along with the flex perk it would give you some above average dodge procs

however if you are going for speed I think there are better options for it, but you won't get them till about lvl 30 which makes cat a decent "starter" race if you are going in the speed direction not so much with anything else.

I can understand that late game might be a bit different but the 3 starting tfs are cat, horse and dog. horse and dog are usable but with cat only giving 20 its extremely bad. Humans give + 40 in every stat so i cant see why you would choose a cat at the start. IMO it either needs a few more bonus or strength and speed being above a humans.

lightningshifter

Aug 27, 2015
well it might be how Linarahn said, just simply the worst

but they do get a 240+ max speed at 8 racial score, you would just have to get 3 TF perks and then chemerical perk before deciding to go cat, but then again just being a cat person sounds boring in this day and age(ff14 for example)

Yeah, some of these forms really can't compare to others in terms of ability. You practically have to level to obscene levels just to unlock the perks that will boost tf stat gains. I think this is more of the fact that attention was prioritized towards the new forms rather than really looking at the pre-existing forms. So they were given initial stats under the new system but haven't really underwent any subsequent reviews following the latest series of updates. It probably wouldn't hurt to maybe bump up the base races at least enough to compare to humans. I will say that transforming and especially acquiring those high racial scores is extremely difficult without extreme power leveling and or cheating with the save editor to give yourself as many perk points as you want or need. The main limiting factor for a legitimate play would be the fact that you only gain one perk point with each level. That means that if you manage to bring yourself to level 60 or 61 that's only 60 perks that you have to choose from out of the nearly 300 perks that are now in game. You could make it work if you focused entirely on the chimerical and tf related perks though. But you would probably have to take a few other forms to unlock those perks first and foremost.

kinkshamer

Feb 8, 2016
Is it possible to bang the Dark Elfs or are they just gonna keep on insulting you/ninja-ing out of there?