Arm/hand/digit/grasping limb tags?

Spritely

Sep 23, 2015
Didn't see them in the doc I read, had to work around it, sure it's probably something you wouldn't call on often but it could be useful.

Some of the stuff I wrote had to be worded a little differently to how I liked because of tentacles/psudeopods/strange alien hand thingies... like operating door handles and levers. and the like, don't want to cut anyone out of the fun.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spritely

Sep 23, 2015

Yeah, thanks for clarification. Still need clarification on other non-human arms because there is saying "you open the door with your limb" doesn't sound right. Talons, claws, goo hands, etc... Will there be arm/hand/finger tags later on? Is it worth including notes to let the content be easily modified for these changes when they are introduced? I don't mind writing tentacle/goo scenes although I haven't tried it yet...

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
Using [pc.arm], [pc.arms], [pc.armFull], [pc.armsFull], [pc.hand], [pc.hands], [pc.finger], [pc.fingers] parsers if you want to use a catch-all variation for arm-related stuff--they'll instantly parse based on type, depending if the type has adjectives/nouns that are defined for them. It is always assumed the player will have two arms with multiple fingers , so scenes can keep a form of consistency. For the parsers (not sure of the parser list is up-to-date):

• [pc.arm] or [pc.arms]: will return Steele's "arm"/"arms" with a 50% chance to include specific adjectives based on arm flags, if applicable
  • [pc.armFull] or [pc.armsFull]: will return Steele's "arm"/"arms" with an adjective based on arm flags, if applicable
  • [pc.hand] or [pc.hands]: will return Steele's "hand"/"hands" with a 50% chance to include specific adjectives based on the arm type, if applicable
  • [pc.finger] or [pc.fingers]: will return Steele's "finger"/"fingers" with a 50% chance to include specific adjectives based on the arm type, if applicable
Talons/claws are referenced in feet and toes, but not hands or fingers I don't think--at least none of the ones defined at current. Hope this helps!

JimThermic

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Using [pc.arm], [pc.arms], [pc.armFull], [pc.armsFull], [pc.hand], [pc.hands], [pc.finger], [pc.fingers] parsers

crying_dude_suiciding_by_idaoki-d8i3pkl.jpg

Spritely

Sep 23, 2015
Using [pc.arm], [pc.arms], [pc.armFull], [pc.armsFull], [pc.hand], [pc.hands], [pc.finger], [pc.fingers] parsers if you want to use a catch-all variation for arm-related stuff--they'll instantly parse based on type, depending if the type has adjectives/nouns that are defined for them. It is always assumed the player will have two arms with multiple fingers , so scenes can keep a form of consistency. For the parsers (not sure of the parser list is up-to-date):

• [pc.arm] or [pc.arms]: will return Steele's "arm"/"arms" with a 50% chance to include specific adjectives based on arm flags, if applicable
  • [pc.armFull] or [pc.armsFull]: will return Steele's "arm"/"arms" with an adjective based on arm flags, if applicable
  • [pc.hand] or [pc.hands]: will return Steele's "hand"/"hands" with a 50% chance to include specific adjectives based on the arm type, if applicable
  • [pc.finger] or [pc.fingers]: will return Steele's "finger"/"fingers" with a 50% chance to include specific adjectives based on the arm type, if applicable
Talons/claws are referenced in feet and toes, but not hands or fingers I don't think--at least none of the ones defined at current. Hope this helps!

You guys rock!! Now I can go fix up idea some more until it's worthy of being moved into submissions so can get a proper look over, maybe. Thanks guys.