Seeds of Chaos [Ren'py - Version 0.2.42]

Hizor

Feb 23, 2016
Notice a small bug when going through the current demo: Bypassing the initial scene has the game later mention that Alexia has recovered her clothing even though she never lost it.

Yeah, I notified him of that. 

On another note, is there an update planned anytime soon?

Lord Arioch

Sep 5, 2015
Teaser from one of the two upcoming new scenes (other is MxM).

2050776368867627153.png

Hizor

Feb 23, 2016
What do you know. A jump to update 0.0.9. 

I downloaded it and gave it a whirl (I should probably start saving my game now). I like how it is developing so far, but at this point I don't think 'Corrupting' the MC through Erotic means would sit very well, but your game I'm just giving critic. However making the character evil through psychological means would be a grand story. Maybe because he realizes going about the situation peacefully and pretty much doing the goody two shoes way is not going to work, and he decides to do anything to save Alexia. That's just an idea, but from what I've seen I think you might be able to do something better along the psychological turn evil path. 

Another very slight and minor thing that I noticed with the game that I may have not noticed before, but it kinda bugged me a bit was that during the text you can see the very top parts of text that had yet to be displayed. Like with the word "Fall" you would be able to see the top white parts of the 'F' and 'l's'.

It's not a big deal really, but I thought I might as well point it out. 

Keep up the good work man. I'll be waiting till version 0.0.11.

P.S On another note, I told everyone on the sites that I posted your game on that it got updated as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lord Arioch

Sep 5, 2015
It won't really be erotic corruption, I mean, there'll be some sex events that cause you to gain corruption, but that will be because they contain other elements. For example, fucking another character generally, or visiting a brothel, etc. will not raise your corruption, but sex scenes involving demonic power, or corrupting an innocent will. The maxim for corruption is "the player gains something at the expense of another person", so stealing from the vulnerable, exploiting the innocent, etc. are the sort of things that will raise the stat (even if there's no sexual element involved). 

Hizor

Feb 23, 2016
It won't really be erotic corruption, I mean, there'll be some sex events that cause you to gain corruption, but that will be because they contain other elements. For example, fucking another character generally, or visiting a brothel, etc. will not raise your corruption, but sex scenes involving demonic power, or corrupting an innocent will. The maxim for corruption is "the player gains something at the expense of another person", so stealing from the vulnerable, exploiting the innocent, etc. are the sort of things that will raise the stat (even if there's no sexual element involved). 

Ah, so it will all depend on what the player chooses that will depend on the MC's corruption. That's a good idea.

Hizor

Feb 23, 2016
Have you thought about the player being able to name the MC?

Asmo

Jan 20, 2016
Will there be a choice in the M/F and M/M scenes for the player to be top or bottom? 

Lord Arioch

Sep 5, 2015
@Hizor I never really considered it because Rowan is more a character in the world, like Geralt for example, than a self insert. As the game progresses, he'll meet people he knows, visit places he has been before, etc.

@Asmo If logic dictates it, there will be in some scenes, yes. For example, you can't choose in the two scenes soon to be added, because the other party has all the power, but if Rowan was in a position where both parties had equal power, it makes sense he'd be able to choose.

Hizor

Feb 23, 2016
@Hizor I never really considered it because Rowan is more a character in the world, like Geralt for example, than a self insert. As the game progresses, he'll meet people he knows, visit places he has been before, etc.

Shucks, okay well I was just putting that out there. 

karunama

Apr 17, 2016

@Asmo If logic dictates it, there will be in some scenes, yes. For example, you can't choose in the two scenes soon to be added, because the other party has all the power, but if Rowan was in a position where both parties had equal power, it makes sense he'd be able to choose.

To be honest, I assumed that Rowan would only very, very rarely be in an equal position of power with his partners.  I rather expected that he'd always be in an inferior position to the demon twins, and a superior position to any target's they assign him to.

Lord Arioch

Sep 5, 2015
Well, not to disparage the Hegelian master/slave dialectic, but I think relationships are a bit more nuanced. Bear in mind, while the twins put you in charge, you start out with very little to be in charge of, and you are going to have to negotiate and forge alliances of mutual gain. Plus, the other people in the castle see themselves as working for the twins, not you, so you are also on equal footing with them. You will also meet characters who are attracted to you, and if you are attracted to them, the sex will be more about pleasure than a power struggle.

So, long story short, there will be all sorts of sexual encounters.

Asmo

Jan 20, 2016
So Rowan will be a servant of the twins for most of the game? I mean, he'll have to surpass them at some point. You can't be a villain and have someone control you. 

karunama

Apr 17, 2016
Well, not to disparage the Hegelian master/slave dialectic, but I think relationships are a bit more nuanced. Bear in mind, while the twins put you in charge, you start out with very little to be in charge of, and you are going to have to negotiate and forge alliances of mutual gain. Plus, the other people in the castle see themselves as working for the twins, not you, so you are also on equal footing with them. You will also meet characters who are attracted to you, and if you are attracted to them, the sex will be more about pleasure than a power struggle.

So, long story short, there will be all sorts of sexual encounters.

Okay, good to know.  I honestly hadn't even considered the other servants.  Glad to hear there'll be a good variety of encounters.

@Asmo I agree with you, but that seems more of an endgame thing than anything.  At least, IMHO.  It's going to be a while before Rowan goes from goodie two shoes former hero to honestly embracing villainy, and another step beyond that before he would attempt to usurp the twins.  Doubly so if he develops feelings of adoration for one or both of them, which isn't impossible.  Speaking of which, @Lord Arioch, will Stockholm Syndrome be evident in this game?

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
Just throwing this out there, but mandatory sexual content will always restrict how many people are willing to play the game.  This is especially the case if you're forcing very different content on the players.  It sounds like there will be a mandatory m/f scene and a mandatory m/m scene.  If at all possible, I'd suggest writing it such that only one of those is actually necessary if you can't make it so that both are optional, since it's unlikely that anyone would want to play the game if they aren't interested in either m/f or m/m..

karunama

Apr 17, 2016
Just throwing this out there, but mandatory sexual content will always restrict how many people are willing to play the game.  This is especially the case if you're forcing very different content on the players.  It sounds like there will be a mandatory m/f scene and a mandatory m/m scene.  If at all possible, I'd suggest writing it such that only one of those is actually necessary if you can't make it so that both are optional, since it's unlikely that anyone would want to play the game if they aren't interested in either m/f or m/m..

I think you've misunderstood.  Either you can have a scene with the male twin or the female one.  You aren't forced to have a scene with each of them, as I understand it.

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
I think you've misunderstood.  Either you can have a scene with the male twin or the female one.  You aren't forced to have a scene with each of them, as I understand it.

That's exactly what I was suggesting, so if that's the case then it should be fine.  I hoped that would be the way things would be going forward since the scene with the wife is optional.

karunama

Apr 17, 2016
That's exactly what I was suggesting, so if that's the case then it should be fine.  I hoped that would be the way things would be going forward since the scene with the wife is optional.

I should also mention that previously in this thread, Lord Arioch said they were eventually going to make a non-sexual version for people who wanted to play the game without any content of that nature, IIRC.

Lord Arioch

Sep 5, 2015
Yeah, all optional, so no worries there.

In terms of whether Rowan overthrows the twins, I'm planning to have a bunch of different outcomes depending on player choices throughout the game, but as karunama says, that'll be a 'towards the endgame' sort of thing, and how extensive the paths will be depends on funding more than anything.

There's a few NPCs already working in the castle you'll be seeing art for over the next few weeks before the first post-prologue release; a quartermaster, a sorceress in charge of the library, and a planar/outsider race character in charge of the portals you'll use to get around. 

Hizor

Feb 23, 2016
Personally I think this game would be good even without the sexual content. 

Nephilim_Anunnaki

Sep 7, 2015
Yeah, all optional, so no worries there.

In terms of whether Rowan overthrows the twins, I'm planning to have a bunch of different outcomes depending on player choices throughout the game, but as karunama says, that'll be a 'towards the endgame' sort of thing, and how extensive the paths will be depends on funding more than anything.

There's a few NPCs already working in the castle you'll be seeing art for over the next few weeks before the first post-prologue release; a quartermaster, a sorceress in charge of the library, and a planar/outsider race character in charge of the portals you'll use to get around. 

I wish you all the luck of the world, I want to be this game sooooooooooooooo long...

Personally I think this game would be good even without the sexual content. 

I think that's the point ^^

Lord Arioch

Sep 5, 2015
New release day, you can grab version 0.0.11 here.

Realistically, about three releases away from the end of the prologue now. 

Hizor

Feb 23, 2016
Three releases till the good stuff? Oh, man... I don't know if I can wait that long. 

Maybe I'll just ignore it until Christmas... Yeah, I'll do that. 

Lord Arioch

Sep 5, 2015
Three releases till the good stuff? Oh, man... I don't know if I can wait that long. 

Maybe I'll just ignore it until Christmas... Yeah, I'll do that. 

Unfortunately I'm just one man with a limited budget, and without the means to clone himself. :)

I have written a little about "the good stuff" on Patreon, with a reveal of what the castle map is going to look like, if you'd like to see though, here.