Conquest of Shadows (For DaBomb)

DaBomb

Aug 27, 2015
Judging from the architecture alone, Asheroth knew this place was more important than she originally thought.  From what Issac had said, this place is indescribably old and the fact this place was still standing was breath taking, let alone the fact that aura of magic here was still strong.  Either a large source of it somewhere in this place was the cause of it, or these runes still held their spark.  

As content as she would be examining these ruins, a scuttle was heard behind her, causing her to quickly turn on her heal, her arm raised to defend herself. Even her well adjusted eyes couldn't pierce the darkness that the creature hid, putting the two at a disadvantage that she didn't really care for.

"We'll have to clear this place out at one point, so doing it now is what I intend to do.  If that's no possible... we get as much information as we can and leave." She decides, conjuring up a glowing ball of light in her free hand.  She cocks back and throws it toward the area where she heard the sound, wanting to eliminate the darkness this place stored. 

Xatarias

Aug 27, 2015
Your conjured ball leaves a glowing arch of light behind it, illuminating the surrounding space as it travels. You have a space in which you'll be on equal or better footing vision-wise. No sooner do your preparations complete when the enemy reveals itself.

Three blurring figures round the curved passage, appearing as dark oblong shapes spinning and rolling down the rounded passage. One builds up so much speed, it manages to loops up and around the ceiling! As they move, the glow crystals in the ceiling activate in a manner that would have no doubt caused a disorienting strobe-like affect. Luckily your spell negated such an unfavorable scenario.

The rolling blurs pause fifty yards away, halting to inspect the intruders in their domains.

Shining black carapaces gleam in the light, and white, milky eyes regard you blindly. Multitudes of legs skitter as what appear to be massive, waist-high pill bugs snap their mandibles in your direction, antennae swiveling. These things don't look friendly in the slightest and judging from the bits of flesh and ichor staining their insectile jaws, are obviously predatory. When you shift your weight slightly, the nasty creatures scuttles excitedly as roll themselves back into balls, surging towards your location.

"Tremor sense," Jerrin calls, hurling a blade at the nearest enemy. The dagger skitters off the beast's plated armor with a clatter.

DaBomb

Aug 27, 2015
Asheroth stopped in her tracks, her eyes darting between the insectoids that had appeared in the newly brought light.  They were large and covered in armor and deadly fast.  Any move she made would immediately be sensed, which meant running would likely not be an option.

The creatures spun toward her at an alarming rate and she had little time to think of a plan to think of a counter.  With nothing more but a hunch, Ash conjured up a green ball into her hand, slowly gaining size as she finished her spell.  "V'lik Gia!" she roared, throwing the newly formed ball of acid at her oncoming attackers, diving out of the way if they got too close. 

Xatarias

Aug 27, 2015
(Intelligence/Speed contest: [17] vs. [19], [17], [18], [12])

Jerrin curses as you unleash your molten ball of acidic goo. The tiefling barely has time to hurl himself to the farthest margins of the passageway. Pressing himself up against the wall, he manages to let the volatile projectile slip past.

Sensing his motion, two of the pillbugs adjust their course and swerve around the acid orb. One isn't so fortunate, however, and takes the full front of your spell, impacted head-on and crushed into a smoking pile of goop.

(Speed contest: [16] vs. [11], [17] vs. [10])

The two remaining arthropods loop onto the ceiling and descend in a buzzsaw-like attack, countless sharp legs lashing out. Off balance, Jerrin has little chance of avoiding the attack and you don't fare much better, both of you receive several nasty gashes before the attackers whirl off into the darkness behind you.

Wound inflicted: [X][ ][ ], [X][ ][ ]

"Hells I think- they're coming again!" Jerrin shouts, retrieving several tanglefoot flasks from his pouch and taking aim. "Not much chance of me hitting these bastards, but this stuff's flammable..."

The scuttling rolling sound returns from the same direction as before. The pillbugs must have looped around for a second pass.

DaBomb

Aug 27, 2015
Asheroth smiles as her acid ball manages to strike one of the pill bugs directly, reducing it into a sizzling pile of goo.  Unfortunately, the others were able to doge he attack, still heading directly for them. Ash let out a yelp as she felt the mandibles make some pretty deep wounds upon her, not doubting that Jerrin got hit as well.

She clutches her side, looking toward Jerrin as he spoke.  A smile crept on her face.  "Well, I hope they are, or otherwise this will be pretty damn useless!" She yells back, forming a fireball into her hand.  "Throw it in front of them or at them, your call.  Either way, you can trust that this will be following close behind." She responds, arching her arm back and taking aim.

Xatarias

Aug 27, 2015
The demonkin nods, bracing himself. As soon as the blurring forms of the rolling insectoids appear, he casts his arm forward, hurling three vials in a fan in front of you. The glass shatters on the ground and against the walls some 20 yards away, exploding into a writhing gooey mass of black tar.

DaBomb

Aug 27, 2015
Ash times her fireball and throws it, so it'd hit the tar pit half of a second before they roll over it.

(Not much else to say. :p)

Xatarias

Aug 27, 2015
Your eyes water as the fiery bolt ignites the mass of tar, the resulting explosion flaring white-hot, blasting a wall of hot air in all directions.

(Speed check: [15], [11])

One of the pillbugs senses the heat and leaps up towards the ceiling, clearing the flaming obstacle. The other isn't so lucky, skidding on its side right into the flames, shrieking with agony.

(Speed contest: 14 vs. [17])

Jerrin pivots around the remaining insectoid, blades flashing. A few legs fall to the ground, spurting greenish fluid and the pillbug skids to a halt a few feet away from you. It skitters towards you lopsidedly, it's ability to roll disabled with the loss of several stabilizing limbs.

DaBomb

Aug 27, 2015
The fire did what she expected, create a large flaming barrier.  Only one of the bugs had the misfortune of landing in it's fiery wrath, the other able to sense the head and rolls out of the way.  She was conjuring up another spell, but before she had a chance all she heard was the slash of air, then freshly cut legs fell from the air. 

The last Pill bug struggled toward her, looking quite helpless as it made its painstakingly slow march.  Not wanting to make its suffering last any longer, the Demoness conjures up another fire ball, blasting a scorching ray toward the bug, attempting to reduce it to a smoking carapace. 

Xatarias

Aug 27, 2015
(We'll call it a coup de grace)

Your spell slices straight through the creature's alien face, rendering it lifeless in a moment.

Jerring nudges the corpse with his booted foot, making sure it was over. Meanwhile, the tar fire has started to burn itself out, the highly flammable fuel all but expended.

"Tar and fire usually works well in narrow alleys," Jerring explains businesslike, "Thought it might work well here. Though, you usually do it with a flaming crossbow bolt... I think I like your version better."

DaBomb

Aug 27, 2015
Asheroth lets out a quiet sigh as the lifeless corpse falls to its side, rendering the combat over.  She never was a fan of quick things, hard to hit, and hits fast.  Not a good combination.  Regardless she could now continue, the danger now was gone.

"It works with anything flammable, though I guess the faster the fire can more, the more effective the trap is." She responds, watching the tar for a few moments, before gesturing forward.  "We still got ruins to explore, let's get a move on."  She states, walking through the path once again, waiting until the fire completely died out. 

Xatarias

Aug 27, 2015
The source of the magical aura draws nearer as you progress and soon the echoes of your footsteps are drowned out by a melody of strings and whispers. The moment you try to focus on one series of notes, it fades out beyond your senses, replaced something new. You catch sight of Jerrin's grimy face and see no trace of curiosity. This must be something only you can hear.

Asheroth

You come to a large archway set into the side curve of the passageway. Inside are massive pillars of crystal illuminating a space that would put the grandest cathedral to shame. Arcane glyphs bend and swirl, blue sparks running around their length. As you crane your neck upward, you see the patterns twist from their fabricated prisons, curling through the very air in a shimmering aurora that shocks you with its beauty.

"Gods..."

You barely hear Jerrin's awestruck exclamation as your skin begins to feel hot, your arcane tattoo flaring with power. Your flesh shimmers blue and purple, and your gaze is drawn to an crystal alter in the rooms center. You know that this is the instrument that will help you reach the power beyond, the well of magic. Nearing the epicenter of the magical site, you feel the ground beneath your feet begin to vibrate.

Bare yourself to the mother of magic, chosen one. Show the world the mark of her favor.

The voice is a deep feminine purr, far from the whispers that have until now graced the very edges of your consciousness.

Disrobe and embrace the goddess' presence.

DaBomb

Aug 27, 2015
She can barely manage to keep her breath as she catches sight of the main room, in all of its glory.  Huge pillars of crystal line the space, magic glyphs floating throughout the area.  She had no time to stare at their beauty, as her attention is suddenly focused on an alter in the center of the room. 

Such power... Ash mindlessly walks toward the Crystal, her clothes drooping off her body as she nears its powerful aura. "I live to serve." She mumbles without a thought, closing in on the crystal and wrapping her arms around it, seeking the warm embrace the crystal seemed to offer. 

Xatarias

Aug 27, 2015
"Ma'am... Asheroth?"

You continue forward, headless of Jerrin's protests. This is a place of the gifted. A divine presence plucks at the magic flowing in your veins and ignites it. You've never felt more alive. When you press your perfect, naked form against the alter, a shiver runs through you.

Your offer pleases me... Asheroth, favored of Hecate. Rise and greet your mistress.

Your gaze is directed upward and you see the ghostly visage of a woman completely covered in blue sigils of arcane power. Her robes and azure hair flow around her as if submerged in water, her mystique heightened by the cloud of smoke trailing from a long stemmed pipe extended from the corner of her mouth. With a fluid motion, she casts back her clothing, exposing the magical tracery that crisscrosses her fertile curves and casts a glow that brightens the entire room.

The figure extends an elegant hand towards your forehead but pauses the last few inches, giving you the chance to willingly pay homage to this stranger that feels so familiar.

Last edited by a moderator:

DaBomb

Aug 27, 2015
Asheroth ignores the other in the room, her focus entirely on the Goddess in front of her.  She was beyond beautiful, the most elegant thing the Demoness has ever had the privilege of seeing.  Then her clothing was cast away, revealing her arcane marks that only brought Ash's own to her mind.  This woman had given her this gift and she was more than grateful.

As the hand was extended to her, Ash did the only thing she thought was suitable.  She lightly grasped the woman's palm, leaning forward to kiss her hand.  Looking back up at her Mistress, she rose from her feet as she ordered, staring deep into her eyes.  "My Mistress... Why do you deem me worthy of your presence?" 

Xatarias

Aug 27, 2015
Pupiless, electric blue eyes hold your gaze as you deliver your question, your words sounding small in comparison to the all-consuming volume of the goddess' own voice.

Power, first and most favored of my followers. While most accept their gifts without question, you always wondered and sought my presence. I am here to fulfill that longing and provide to you the greatest mission of your mortal existence. You have the strength and devotion to carry out my vision, and Hecate always rewards those who serve her well.

The world has grown cold with the absence of my influence. Magic has all but dwindled to the faintest of sparks. It is your task to rekindle the flame and spread my glory as first priestess and herald of my new order. Not all share your dedication and can seek out the unseen. You will show them the way of my enlightenment and restore my rightful place as patron and guardian of these lands.

DaBomb

Aug 27, 2015
Asheroth's moth remains agape, the words she is hearing sounding competently unbelievable to her. "You bestow me such a divine honor, My Mistress.  I am truly honored that you see worthiness in me to grant me such a gift.  I will see to it that your words are put in motion, your views made into reality." Asheroth bows to the woman, her eyes looking back up to the Goddess, with a fiery determination sparked. 

"I will perish before I fail, My Mistress.  You have my word that this will be fulfilled."

Xatarias

Aug 27, 2015
You please me, bearer of my flame.

Hecate descends, her aspect barely touching a foot to the marble floor. Everywhere she steps, a ripple of arcane glyphs flashes outward. She halts in front of you and places a tender hand on your cheek before leaning in and laying her lips on your own. The kiss sparks with magical power, electrifying every inch of your body. The goddess slips a tongue in your mouth breathing her arcane knowledge into you.

When she breaks the sensual embrace, you feel invigorated with the power of your gift. The white markings of your tattoo assuming the same blue as your mistress.

Infidels have invaded this most sacred space, spitting upon what is rightfully mine. The ignorant, you shall enlighten and bring to our cause. For those who resist... They will be made to submit or banished from my presence. Long ago my faithful hid this place from those who sought to destroy it. It is your duty to finish their mission and bring my temple to the eyes of the new faithful. Stand in defiance of those false priests and give them a taste of true power.

Your greatest allies will be the gifted. Place your lips upon them as I have done just now, and they will understand the righteousness of your cause. The allure of power will draw them, but it will be your words that secure their devotion. All others are your servants, lovers, and playthings. Their fate will depend on your benevolence, as is fitting for the ungifted.

DaBomb

Aug 27, 2015
Needless to say, Ash was quite surprised to find her Mistress' lips upon her own.  She would have never thought herself worthy of such a gift, though that wasn't to say she didn't accept it.  She happlily returned the Kiss with her Mistress, twisting her tongue with her own when it was offered.

She was disappointed when it had to end, but she knew that it couldn't last forever.  She had a job to do and it was her duty to make her Mistress proud.  With the new power she was given, she would add more to the cause.  First, making this temple whole again, allowing it's sacred grounds be accessible by all.  Next... Well, she'd have to plan it out. 

Asheroth nodded at the Goddess.  "I will aid these sinners to your cause, forcing them to make your temple anew.  I will make your happy, Mistress.  May magic flesh out into the world once again."

Xatarias

Aug 27, 2015
The goddess nods regally and turns, fading from view as she pads slowly back towards the alter.

"Asheroth!"

Jerrin nervously stands a few feet away, hands on knives.

"T-that is you in there, right? You just threw off your clothes and... You were talking to no one."

Your senses have been restored, the goddess' presence now faded from the fore of your mind. Her absence is like an aching wound, but you know what you must do to feel her divine grace once more.

"Well, if your curiosity is satisfied, then maybe we should..."

DaBomb

Aug 27, 2015
Asheroth shakes her head, regaining her senses.  She begins a joyous laugh, looking at Jerrin with a happy smile.  "Do you realize what I just did?  I met Hecate... the Goddess of sorcery and magic.  This... is an ancient temple for her grace." She happilys recollects, gesturing to the place around her. "She assigned to me as Head priestess of her affairs... and she wants to restore magic to this world.  We need to tell the others of this discovery, now!"

Xatarias

Aug 27, 2015
Jerrin gives you a concerned look, clearly not experiencing the revelation you were just subject to. He seems to understand something must have happened though, because he keeps nervously glancing about the place as if something might be creeping up on him.

"A-alright, let's just get back to the others. Maybe that mage you just brought along can explain this... I- here..."

The demon rogue holds your discarded cloak for you to don and afterwards leads the way back towards the shaft back to the surface. A sharp tug signals for Cart to start hoisting you up and soon you are standing back in the farmhouse washroom.

"I... Felt something down there, and I didn't even need the aid of my crystals," Issac says, eagerly approaching, "Asheroth, what in the world did you find down there?"

Rizzi helps Jerrin up out of the hole and hugs him, fussing over the cuts delivered by the pillbugs.

DaBomb

Aug 27, 2015
An excited look is painted across the Half-blood's face, eager to share what she had witnessed.  "Well, my hunch was correct.  Something powerful was down there.  The Goddess of magic to be precise, Hecate. Down there are the ancient ruins of her temple, well ruins isn't the right word, since it's in amazing shape, well preserved." She takes a moment to breathe.

"Anyway, she told me that she wanted my help to re-establish magic into this world, since the Arcane arts are dwindling in existence..." She pauses.  "We also found some pillbugs down there... quickly took care of them, though there may be more." She mumbles, looking as if she remembered something.  "Oh, I also need to speak with Trissa... in private.  I'd like to speak to her about her work..." 

Xatarias

Aug 27, 2015
You hear a gasp from the doorway and see Trissa. By the look on her face, she arrived long enough ago to hear about your experience below. She starts barking orders before you even have a chance to assess your followers' reactions to your story.

"Louise, bring the sanctified water, there is an unholy presence below. And fetch some nails and hammers as well! Fear not dear sisters, we will purify this blasphemous space and seal it up like it should have remained. And you-"

She whirls upon you and your company.

"I suggest you leave until we can have this properly taken care of. I will not relinquish what has been claimed by the All Mother!"

DaBomb

Aug 27, 2015
Asheroth smiles at Trissa, looking back at the others. "Can you guys wait for me outside?  I'd like to say a few things to Trissa before we leave." She says with a wink, turning back to Trissa.

"Before you start purifying the place, do you mind if I speak to you... in someplace private?  You know, a place where no one will bother us?  I'd like to tell you something for your ears only."

Xatarias

Aug 27, 2015
Trissa frowns, clearly not trusting you, but unable to resist the self-inflating proposition of being spoken to alone.

In the end pride wins out, and the habited blonde puffs herself up before answering pompously, "I suppose there is some time before materials for the ritual can be gathered. We can converse in my quarters. Sisters, make preparations while I am gone."

You are led upstairs to a large corner bedroom, Spartan in amenities and decorated only by wall hangings bearing the circular symbol of the All Mother.

DaBomb

Aug 27, 2015
As they walk into the room, Asheroth summons her aura of lust, looking to Trissa with a frown on her face.  Why do you automatically assume that whatever down there is unholy?  Do you not have the urge to study it, whether it be holy or not?  Boarding up centuries of knowledge is never a wise decision my dear." She crosses her arms under her breasts, staring at the priest. 

"If not... would you at least want to know what I learned while under there?  I'm sure the information would change your outlook on things..."

Xatarias

Aug 27, 2015
(Charisma roll: 11)

You exude your corrupting influence, feeling it become ever more potent in this enclosed environment. But when you deliver your ultimatum, Trissa crosses her arms stubbornly and stamps her foot.

"Careful Asheroth, I understand your enthusiasm for this occult nonsense given your affinity for magic. But the doctrine is very clear, there is only the All Mother. Perhaps this Hecate is one of her many manifestations, for your gifts are most certainly bestowed at her behest. You shouldn't credit the imaginings of ancient charlatans for the goodness that surrounds us, you need only look within yourself and embrace the blessed Mother's light."

Trissa bows towards the wall hanging, and continues.

"I know you might not know any better, Asheroth, but associating with false idols borders on heresy. Boarding that hole up is for your and everyone else's own good. We don't want to bring the inquisition down upon this sleepy township. It simply isn't worth provoking their wrath to explore the remains of some long-dead religion. Honestly Ash, do you actually think there's some mistress of magic, or is this just simple excitement over your discovery?"

DaBomb

Aug 27, 2015
"Trissa... You didn't see what was done there.  It was the most beautiful temple I have ever seen, the aura of magic was unbelievable.  Surely boarding something like that wouldn't be the correct thing to do. Just let me show you..." She argues, walking over to the priest. 

She wraps her arms around the woman's waist, looking deep into her eyes. "If the false goddess doesn't exist, then why go to all the trouble to board it up?  If nothing is there you have nothing to worry about..." She mutters, holding her in a bit tighter, leaning forward to kiss her.

Xatarias

Aug 27, 2015
Trissa struggles against your grip, trying not to look you in the eye.

"I-It's the principle of it. The faithful must show unswerving loyalty. The All Mother gave me this body and it is my duty to return it to her whole-heartedly upon my ascendance. N-now unhand me, this is most improper, Asheroth! I thought you had bested the lustful inclinations of your heritage but- S-stop it~"

She turns her face away, flushing magnificently as you mash yourself up against her. You always knew the zealot had quite the body hidden under her habit, but just holding the curvy nuns makes your blood boil.