The Runefang Chronicles (For Archangel99)

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
The minotaur looked confused for a moment, before stepping forward and seizing Lazarus in its powerful grip. Hoisting him up, it slung him over its shoulder like a sack of potatoes before chuckling, "Wow, that was easier than I though it'd be."

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
Lazarus lets out an internal sigh as the minotaur tosses him over his shoulder. "Alright... You guys can just take me to Akbal and let him pay you. I'm not gonna fight. Promise." He says. 

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
As the minotaur took off, tromping through the forest, the imps looked more than a little suspicious. "Hey, what's your game, this was way too easy," one of them demanded.

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
"Look, man. I'm just sick of fighting. Look at me! All scratched up just looking for the boss! I just gave up, you know?" He says, shrugging. "Plus there's the added fact that you're taking me to Akbal, the guy I've been looking for, and you get paid while watching me die a horrible death. Works for you, right?"

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
"Eh, seems legit," said the imp, with a shrug. With that the trio headed off into the woods, carrying their prize with them. Lazarus, for his part, couldn't believe the stupidity of his captors; they hadn't even disarmed him. Although he did have to put up with the minotaur casually groping his ass as he walked.

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
Gay bastard. He better stop groping my ass or I'm going to rip his throat open after Akbal's... Lazarus thinks. 

With nothing else to do, he just settles down for the ride, waiting for them to arrive at their destination. 

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
After about an hour of steady marching/groping, Lazarus finds himself back at the small lake, with the large rock island in the middle. The minotaur unceremoniously threw him into the water with the command to swim.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
As Lazarus made his way onto the rock, the minotaur took a hunting horn from his waist and gave a long bellowing blow. As Lazarus got to the center of the rock, he could see quite a few demons of various sorts start to appear in the tree line around the small lake. Imps and glimmerlings flitted about in the branches seeking limbs strong enough to support them, while larger things like jaguars, wolves, and more traditional horned and winged humanoids vied for the best spots around the lake. The crowd grey swiftly, and it soon became obvious that they were waiting for something... or someone.

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
When the first demon popped up, he got a little worried. The worry increased with the number of creatures showing up, until he realised that they weren't there to fight. They were there to watch. But watch what? Oh. Akbal had something 'special' planned for him... Well, Lazarus had a surprise of his own in store for the demon jaguar...

With that thought in mind, he sits down on the ground to meditate, his staff across his lap as he takes a deep breath, tuning out the noises of the crowd, and centering himself.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
Once the crowd had grown to the point that their murmuring could be heard all around him, a sudden deafening roar nearly knocked Lazarus over. The crowd went silent, as the waterfall parted to reveal a creature out of a nightmare. In basic form, it was a great cat, but it stood as tall as a horse on legs like pillars. The fur covering it was the dark crimson of fresh blood, save for the black and gold spots that resembled leering eyes dotting its surface. Its face was its most disturbing feature, however. An elongated muzzle opened to reveal a mouth that almost split the head in two, and was filled with rows of shark-like teeth, sat beneath a pair of glowing green eyes that were bereft of either iris or pupil.

Its legs coiled, and it sprung across the water to land on the end of the small isle across from Lazarus. "So, you are the one who has been hunting my boys." Its voice rumbled, little more than a growl. "Know that I plan to defile you, devour you, then defile you again."

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
Lazarus is a little unnerved at the sight of the giant demon jaguar, bit takes a deep breath. He was going to take Akbal down. He had to. But... He couldn't resist letting one smartass comment pass. "Yeah. I'm the one who's been hurting your pussy boys who can't freaking fight." Lazarus growls. Then, he frowns and tilts his head in confusion. "Wait. You're going to defile, devour, and then defile me again? So basically, what you're saying is, you're going to fuck me, eat me, and then... What? There's nothing left to 'defile' after that, you idiot." He says, gripping his staff. "And you know what else? I'm challenging you! I'm challenging you for leadership of the jaguars!" He yells, making sure he's loud enough to be heard by everyone around the island.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
A chorus of laughter erupted from the audience, as Akbal's lips peeled back into what passed for a smile on him. He reared back and threw his head forward, and to Lazarus' surprise a gout of green flame blasted from the monsters mouth.

[Defy danger, please.]

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
Reacting quickly, Lazarus springs out of the way, and quickly darts at Akbal, swinging at his head, [7] and hitting for [2+4+2 = 8 damage] before spinning away out of his reach again.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
Lazarus cartwheeled away from the monster to what he thought was a safe distance, only to come up and find Akbal gone.

"Hello."

The rumbling voice was right behind him, and Lazarus turned just in time to be struck square in the chest by a paw the size of a buckler [12 damage]. Lazarus flew through the air, and skidded across a fair distance of the rocky isle, before he finally came to a stop. As he lay there trying to catch his breath, he was stunned by the fact that something so big could move so fast.

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
Ow. Shit. That... What the fuck. Okay. New plan. He had to trick him somehow. Okay. But how...? He looks around for anything that could help him while standing and trying to get his breath back.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
As Lazarus got to his feet, he felt something wet in his pocket. Reaching in, he drew out a handful of crushed foxberries. One of the kitsune must have slipped them into his pocket when he wasn't looking.

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
Hmm... The jaguars hated foxes... So what if he ate one...? Hoping for the best and praying for the rest, he opens his mouth and pops the berries into it.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
Lazarus doubled over as the sudden overdose of transformative food coursed through his body. His muscles twisted, his bones shifted, as his very being changed. When he stood, he was no longer just a man with fur, but a bipedal black fox with five long tails, each ending in a green flame. Opening his eyes, Lazarus found the world looked just as different as he did. Everything from the plants and water, to the crowd of demons gathered at the shoreline where bather in the most startling display of glowing auras... all but one. Looking back at Akbal, Lazarus saw not a giant cat anymore, but a roiling mass of black shadow that seemed to be trying to imitate one. The only color in the black mass was a pair of burning green eyes that now glared at him with unabashed fury, as it surged toward him.

[The transformation heals you of all damage, and you gain a ranged attack in the form of foxfire: small balls of magic that you can hurl from your tails with a dex roll that do 2d6 damage and ignore armor; you can use it twice a day. Your pants also feel much tighter.]

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
[Did I get faaaat!? :p ]

Lazarus doesn't have much time to register the changes as Akbal leaps at him. Reflexively, he flicks his tail, sending a ball of foxfire [10+1=11] and hitting for [4+5=9] damage before leaping out of the way.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
Akbal roared in pain and fury as the small blasts of magic slammed into his side. keeping his eyes fixed on Lazarus, another gout of flames erupted from his mouth.

[Defy danger again, and something like that;)]

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
[6+5=11.] Lazarus cartwheels out of the way just in time, and again darts at Akbal, swinging the staff at him, [8] and dealing [8+2+2=12] Damage before leaping back and, trying to predict where Akbal would appear, swings the staff in a wide arc to try and hit him should he pull the same manoeuvre as last time.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
The two bolts of shadow whirled around each other, until Lazarus saw his opening and dove in, the point of his staff finding the soft underbelly of the monstrous jaguar, and sinking deep into the flesh, only for the jaws to close upon his shoulder [8 damage]. With no place to retreat to while held, Lazarus did the only thing he could; he fell backwards, pulling the monster with him as the other end of his staff caught on the ground and pushed deeper into the body of the beast before emerging from the other side. A strange gurgling snarl willed the air as the gathered monsters waited with bated breath for the pile of limbs and tails to move. When it did, Lazarus was the only one who stood.

Archangel99

Feb 13, 2016
Lazarus grunts in pain as he stands, the wound in his shoulder hurting like crazy. He looks down at Akbal, then takes a hard swing at his head to make sure he's really dead. Then, panting, he looks around at the assembled monsters. "Anybody else wanna fight!? No!? Then you know who's the leader of the pack now!" He yells.