Your Gripes With CoC2

Drac33

Dec 17, 2022
Sad to say it, but much as I love Aileh, I have a gripe about her:

Specifically, the weird (and dare I say it, nonsensical) way some of her sex scenes are divided between her "Friend" path and her "Lover" path. Specifically the fact that this leaves Fem-Champs (and I guess cboys) in a rather awkward position vis-a-vis our dragon waifu, and just generally out in the cold. (Yes, I just recently started a hard 'no-herm' fem-champ run, why do ask?)

Because any dick-wielding Champ (male/dickgirl/herm) gets to both have their dragon cake and eat it too, when it comes to romancing Aileh, since her two otherwise "Friend" exclusive scenes---'Rim Her' and 'Cowgirl Anal'---both unlock after she gets to a certain point in her pregnancy. Whereas vag-only Champs are basically forced to choose between being romantic with Aileh, but getting fewer sex-scenes, or more sex-scenes but the more casual relationship. And, having that divide between the sex scenes doesn't even really make sense to begin with. Like, I would think that Aileh (or any character) would be more likely to be more physically intimate (and more varied in their physical intimacy) with someone whom they were also emotionally intimate, rather than the other way around as it sort of is here. I mean, okay, her 'Romantic Fuck' scene being "Lover"-specific makes sense, because as the name would suggest it's explicitly a romantic scene; of course your Champ would have to be romantic with her in order to access it. Likewise with her preg content, since it makes sense she wouldn't be willing to go through all that (or take the risk which leads to it), for someone she wasn't totally involved with.

Long story short, I suggest (hope) that Aileh's two "Friend" scenes ('Rim Her' and 'Cowgirl Anal') have the pregnancy requirement removed from their inclusion in her "Lover" path as well, basically having them be available from the first same as on her "Friend" path, so that pure vag-champs can enjoy both too.

Sorry if this came off slightly rant-y.

Karakara

Feb 15, 2024
Well, when you love a girl, the best thing their partner can do is give her some kids. How else is love supposed to be expressed?

This is all to say, I am not sure how much people here want lesbian content, or how much the writers are fond of it.

Strangle, almost no one from the player base seems to care for it here or anywhere else.

But yeah, also add Rindo, Cassie, Rina, Brienne, Azy, Lusamine, Daliza and many, many more to the list.

SmithEK

Apr 20, 2021
Well, when you love a girl, the best thing their partner can do is give her some kids. How else is love supposed to be expressed?

This is all to say, I am not sure how much people here want lesbian content, or how much the writers are fond of it.

Strangle, almost no one from the player base seems to care for it here or anywhere else.

But yeah, also add Rindo, Cassie, Rina, Brienne, Azy, Lusamine, Daliza and many, many more to the list.
I for one am up for any and all lesbian content. Not everyone wants kids though.

Karakara

Feb 15, 2024
I for one am up for any and all lesbian content. Not everyone wants kids though.
Sarcasm does not translate best to a written form. I was just being cheeky in how a lot of romantic content for a lot of NPCs gets locked behind having kids, which leaves non preggo inclined/non-equipment supported individuals without much to go off with.

Which is why I am debating , if my writing ever gets submited into the game, how I should go around writing pussy/dick NPCs without leaving the gay/lesbian crowd feeling like an afterthough.

Last edited:

Alliebutt

Mar 5, 2021
Rant from me about Pally-themed MCs and the Dawnsword. To me, it'll always be wild that the pure Dawnsword isn't a catalyst. It's meant to be used by a holy warrior, a paladin of outstanding virtue. And making it a catalyst wouldn't even make it super OP or anything, considering how far into the present game you have to get, in order to even unlock the mission to get it. As it stands, there's precious little equipment that appeals to a paladin-isk build, at least if you also want that paladin build to be proficient in using white magic by way of a catalyst in assisting them. It's wild to me that the SG is more appealing stat-wise to a build like that, than a magic holy blade meant for a strong paladin is.

Don't even get me started on the fact that it's a light weapon, and as such appeals more to dual-wielding fighters than it does to the type of character that it feels like it was actually intended to appeal to roleplaying wise, whereas the corrupted Dawnsword I could totally see being used by a casual dark warrior type character who wants to dual-wield it. Personally I'd rather see it lose the light status in exchange for the catalyst status. That would make it an ideal sword and shield paladin setup, and would suit it far more thematically. And then maybe make the corrupted version light or something, so it can be dual-wielded by the players who don't care about the whole religious warrior aspect of the sword.

TheIrishOtaku

Nov 14, 2021
Ireland, dating OmegaUmbra
While CoC2 offers an expansive world and intricate character customization, it falls short in pacing and balancing. Progression often feels grind-heavy, with repetitive tasks overshadowing the narrative. Additionally, certain mechanics lack clarity, leading to confusion for new players. Addressing these issues could greatly enhance the overall experience and make CoC2 more accessible and enjoyable for all players.
Oh great, now the bots are getting bolder

• Haha
Reactions: Gabranth

MagicGal

Aug 15, 2023
Right above the center of your Dreams
Yeah having them interacting with each other on random occasions would be nice but it'd probably be hellish to code in. You'd have to account for oh so many stuff and the game got like almost a dozen companions already. I guess something like Kotor's way of handling it with the pc being the one who sets up the scenes rather than on random could work but it just makes it seems like the world revolves around the Champion, which i guess it is lol
I don't know I think it could be done like the explore random scenes played in Hawthorne or like Fire emblem but without the progress bar and the events being isolated at camp.

TVGuru

Dec 23, 2015
I don't get why having an unique child must mean we can't have repeatable preg content too. Kiyoko and Zhara are right there who show you can do both. These one-offs are so bittersweet.