Which "I" in TiTS do I click for the cheats menu?

D4rk_Holl0w

Sep 26, 2020
Hi i wanted to ask a stupid question i guess XD can i get any item from the cheat menu without troubles in the longterm in the next builds? (specifically quest locked items where you can obtain only one of two rewards or items that are unlocked in planets not discovered by my steele yet)

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Hi i wanted to ask a stupid question i guess XD can i get any item from the cheat menu without troubles in the longterm in the next builds? (specifically quest locked items where you can obtain only one of two rewards or items that are unlocked in planets not discovered by my steele yet)
Most items shouldn't cause issues, but a few are special. For example, you can only have one Siegwulfe, and where you buy one sets important variables.
If you think one will cause issues, you can probably drop/sell it before getting it 'legitimately'.

Amakawa Yuuto

Sep 6, 2015
Berlin
Cheating Sigwulfe may cause some minor weirdness.
If you're buying them, it actually just sets a flag, so the next time you're on your ship, you get a "setup"-sequence, where you name it and stuff.
Pretty sure that doesn't trigger if you just buy it.
I'm also not sure what would happen if you cheated Nova/the goo armor. Basically, items that are also NPCs are kinda iffy.

There are also some quest items that you can't place in storage, but which also don't take up inventory, either. Cheating those might cause issues, since they're essentially quest flags.

But regular items, even if they're "unique" or "pick one"? No issues, really.

Reactions: D4rk_Holl0w

D4rk_Holl0w

Sep 26, 2020
oohh well for example the akane quest if i would use the menu to get the other item whether is the sword or the gun that would get a bug? The only things that i got by the menu are consumables items(Transformatives to mod my steele earlier) but the optional quest weapons/accesories are the ones that i am most interested in getting.

Amakawa Yuuto

Sep 6, 2015
Berlin
But regular items, even if they're "unique" or "pick one"? No issues, really.
I used to have one of Akane's quest items despite never interacting with her content.
I often cheat myself both of Emmy's rewards.
I have all three of the Dhaal Party rewards, even though you can only get one.

Last but not least:
If you're unsure, just make a separate save beforehand. Absolutely worst case scenario, you'll get a corrupt save file (and even that is unlikely), it's not gonna blow up your PC.

Reactions: D4rk_Holl0w

D4rk_Holl0w

Sep 26, 2020
Ok thank you is just that is my second run as steele and is a bitch to start over even if i have plenty file saves XD