What is the pattern for writing an enemy encounter?

Raindrops

Jun 19, 2016
I'm sure there's a "standard encounter pattern" out there, but where is it?

I think I'll try my hand at writing some gryphons... first as just a single encounter, and the expanding onto a while species with a culture and such.

My idea was to have a culture that revolves partially around the number of dicks and balls the males have. Most gryphon males would have 1 cock and 2 balls as normal, and htey would be the rank-and-file of the society. These would be submissive to the ones with either 2 cocks and 2 balls, or 1 cock and 4 balls, which would be the medium ranked guys, and rarer than the 1dick/2balls. The top ranked ones would be the ones with 2 dicks and 4 balls, who would be very rare, and very often the leader of villages or towns.

The males would have a aphrodisiac, dominant musk that would work something like the pheromones from TiTS, with the higher ranking males having a stronger musk.

Not quite sure what I'm going to do with the females yet, but there will be no herms. (Sorry, I just don't like them)

Might have them be in a sort of harem-situation with the lead male... Might be by choice too; the males compete against eachother to attract the most females, and whenever a 2dick/4balls one comes along, he naturally attracts most the females in town, leaving hte 1dick/2balls ones without any mates for a lot of the time.

This will lead to the first encounter; a 1dick/2balls that is out flying looking for booty, since he can't get any at home.

Thoughts and opinions on this idea? And of course, the pattern for actually writing an encounter would be nice to have so I'm not writing blindly.

EDIT: Template. The word I was looking for was "template", not pattern.

Last edited: