How do I get brint to turn into Brienne after visiting km?

Sh4dy

Dec 26, 2023
Hey all, I was a bit of a moron and had no idea there's a limit on triggering the mad cow quest. Now I haven't done much at all in KM.

I've tried save editing, and can turn brint into Brienne but it skips the entire quest as well as initial dialogue which I wanted to experience.

Can anyone guide me on how exactly I can do this? I've attached my save in the post.

Attachments

• CoC2_Valorant Steele_75_1703554594649.coc2
    41.2 KB · Views: 41

Shrike675

Apr 8, 2021
Pretty much what Valk said, brint and brienne have so many parsers and variables you're bound to screw something up by changing them like this. Best to start a new file.

Reactions: valkyr42

CroqueMonsieur

Jul 17, 2023
Local console wizard at your service.

I've attached two save files; One has Brienne all ready to go, in the other i've set things up as if Brint just equipped the cursed armor. I advise you to avoid Khor'minos until the Mad Cow quest has fully completed if you choose the latter option.

In addition, as @Shrike675 has pointed out, there's always the possibility of unforeseen bugs. So keep these save files separated from your main save.

Attachments

• CoC2_Valorant Steele_MADCOW.coc2
    40 KB · Views: 42
  • CoC2_Valorant Steele_BRIENNE.coc2
    39.9 KB · Views: 46
Reactions: Sh4dy

Sh4dy

Dec 26, 2023
Thank you so much, second one is exactly what I wanted. I'll be sure to keep the bug breaking in mind.

I've attached two save files; One has Brienne all ready to go, in the other i've set things up as if Brint just equipped the cursed armor. I advise you to avoid Khor'minos until the Mad Cow quest has fully completed if you choose the latter option.

In addition, as @Shrike675 has pointed out, there's always the possibility of unforeseen bugs. So keep these save files separated from your main save.

Reactions: CroqueMonsieur

Yungdaggerd1ck

Jun 7, 2020

Could you help me out as well please. I have the same issue

Attachments

• CoC2_Aaron_115.coc2
    50.6 KB · Views: 26

CroqueMonsieur

Jul 17, 2023
Could you help me out as well please. I have the same issue

I tried my best, but it appears the game is rather stubborn when it comes to fiddling with quests that are already in the player's quest log; so i did not manage to set things up as if it has just started.

I did, however, manage to change Brint into Brienne, and from my testing, her family content should have no real issues and continue as normal. The bad news is, the save is screwed if future content ever needs the Mad Cow quest to be in the correct state.

If you have a save where the Mad Cow quest is not yet in your quest log, hit f12 while playing the browser version and punch the following command into the dev console:

QuestManager.getQuest(GLOBALS.QUEST_MAD_COW).setState(0),flags.BQ_ARMOR_TS=getGameTimestamp()

This will make the game think the quest has just started, and make it progress naturally.

Do NOT overwrite your main save file with the modified save. There is a very real chance it could break in the future and from any lingering bugs i did not foresee, resulting in you losing all your progress.

Attachments

• CoC2_Aaron_115_BrienneIncluded.coc2
    54.6 KB · Views: 23
T

Test98888

I know I am very late but if you use the save editor and go into the flags section go all the way down until you see mad cow kill and remove the number this will reactivate mad cow