[0.9.093-PUBLIC#4774] Save From Level Up Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
1. Sleep with enough XP to Level Up.
2. Choose 'Accept'.
3. Go to the Data Menu with either the sidebar button or F1.
Despite the icon indicating only Loading is possible (and the Save button being greyed out), it defaults to Save.
A save created from here doesn't have any immediately obvious problems.

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
Is this still an issue? I can't seem to replicate this issue, so I assume it might have already been fixed in the latest release.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Is this still an issue? I can't seem to replicate this issue, so I assume it might have already been fixed in the latest release.
It does seem to be, yes. 0.9.095-PUBLIC#4795.

Are you sure you can't replicate it? It's most noticeable if you have a lot of empty save slots. If the game is in Save mode, empty slots are highlighted. If you're in Load, empty slots are greyed out.

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
For the next release, I've made a change to how the save system is interacted with. While it wasn't necessarily to address this issue, it may correct it due to the nature of interactions.

Instead of automatically swapping to a Save/Load screen (though that check is still intact for other parts of the UI), instead, it will require the user to click on the save slot first, then the buttons that were originally the "Save" and "Load" buttons will change to "Save To Slot" and "Load From Slot", each enabled/disabled where applicable. This should now match more closely to the "Save To File" and "Load To File" options, so there is less confusion on how to use save slots. The Autosave screen will perform as it usually does (click the slot to load the saved game), so it was left relatively unchanged.

If this change does correct the issue, feel free to note it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.