Your Gripes With CoC2

Drac33

Dec 17, 2022
Sad to say it, but much as I love Aileh, I have a gripe about her:

Specifically, the weird (and dare I say it, nonsensical) way some of her sex scenes are divided between her "Friend" path and her "Lover" path. Specifically the fact that this leaves Fem-Champs (and I guess cboys) in a rather awkward position vis-a-vis our dragon waifu, and just generally out in the cold. (Yes, I just recently started a hard 'no-herm' fem-champ run, why do ask?)

Because any dick-wielding Champ (male/dickgirl/herm) gets to both have their dragon cake and eat it too, when it comes to romancing Aileh, since her two otherwise "Friend" exclusive scenes---'Rim Her' and 'Cowgirl Anal'---both unlock after she gets to a certain point in her pregnancy. Whereas vag-only Champs are basically forced to choose between being romantic with Aileh, but getting fewer sex-scenes, or more sex-scenes but the more casual relationship. And, having that divide between the sex scenes doesn't even really make sense to begin with. Like, I would think that Aileh (or any character) would be more likely to be more physically intimate (and more varied in their physical intimacy) with someone whom they were also emotionally intimate, rather than the other way around as it sort of is here. I mean, okay, her 'Romantic Fuck' scene being "Lover"-specific makes sense, because as the name would suggest it's explicitly a romantic scene; of course your Champ would have to be romantic with her in order to access it. Likewise with her preg content, since it makes sense she wouldn't be willing to go through all that (or take the risk which leads to it), for someone she wasn't totally involved with.

Long story short, I suggest (hope) that Aileh's two "Friend" scenes ('Rim Her' and 'Cowgirl Anal') have the pregnancy requirement removed from their inclusion in her "Lover" path as well, basically having them be available from the first same as on her "Friend" path, so that pure vag-champs can enjoy both too.

Sorry if this came off slightly rant-y.

Karakara

Feb 15, 2024
Well, when you love a girl, the best thing their partner can do is give her some kids. How else is love supposed to be expressed?

This is all to say, I am not sure how much people here want lesbian content, or how much the writers are fond of it.

Strangle, almost no one from the player base seems to care for it here or anywhere else.

But yeah, also add Rindo, Cassie, Rina, Brienne, Azy, Lusamine, Daliza and many, many more to the list.

SmithEK

Apr 20, 2021
Well, when you love a girl, the best thing their partner can do is give her some kids. How else is love supposed to be expressed?

This is all to say, I am not sure how much people here want lesbian content, or how much the writers are fond of it.

Strangle, almost no one from the player base seems to care for it here or anywhere else.

But yeah, also add Rindo, Cassie, Rina, Brienne, Azy, Lusamine, Daliza and many, many more to the list.
I for one am up for any and all lesbian content. Not everyone wants kids though.

Karakara

Feb 15, 2024
I for one am up for any and all lesbian content. Not everyone wants kids though.
Sarcasm does not translate best to a written form. I was just being cheeky in how a lot of romantic content for a lot of NPCs gets locked behind having kids, which leaves non preggo inclined/non-equipment supported individuals without much to go off with.

Which is why I am debating , if my writing ever gets submited into the game, how I should go around writing pussy/dick NPCs without leaving the gay/lesbian crowd feeling like an afterthough.

Last edited:

Alliebutt

Mar 5, 2021
Rant from me about Pally-themed MCs and the Dawnsword. To me, it'll always be wild that the pure Dawnsword isn't a catalyst. It's meant to be used by a holy warrior, a paladin of outstanding virtue. And making it a catalyst wouldn't even make it super OP or anything, considering how far into the present game you have to get, in order to even unlock the mission to get it. As it stands, there's precious little equipment that appeals to a paladin-isk build, at least if you also want that paladin build to be proficient in using white magic by way of a catalyst in assisting them. It's wild to me that the SG is more appealing stat-wise to a build like that, than a magic holy blade meant for a strong paladin is.

Don't even get me started on the fact that it's a light weapon, and as such appeals more to dual-wielding fighters than it does to the type of character that it feels like it was actually intended to appeal to roleplaying wise, whereas the corrupted Dawnsword I could totally see being used by a casual dark warrior type character who wants to dual-wield it. Personally I'd rather see it lose the light status in exchange for the catalyst status. That would make it an ideal sword and shield paladin setup, and would suit it far more thematically. And then maybe make the corrupted version light or something, so it can be dual-wielded by the players who don't care about the whole religious warrior aspect of the sword.

TheIrishOtaku

Nov 14, 2021
Ireland, dating OmegaUmbra
While CoC2 offers an expansive world and intricate character customization, it falls short in pacing and balancing. Progression often feels grind-heavy, with repetitive tasks overshadowing the narrative. Additionally, certain mechanics lack clarity, leading to confusion for new players. Addressing these issues could greatly enhance the overall experience and make CoC2 more accessible and enjoyable for all players.
Oh great, now the bots are getting bolder

• Haha
Reactions: Gabranth

MagicGal

Aug 15, 2023
Right above the center of your Dreams
Yeah having them interacting with each other on random occasions would be nice but it'd probably be hellish to code in. You'd have to account for oh so many stuff and the game got like almost a dozen companions already. I guess something like Kotor's way of handling it with the pc being the one who sets up the scenes rather than on random could work but it just makes it seems like the world revolves around the Champion, which i guess it is lol
I don't know I think it could be done like the explore random scenes played in Hawthorne or like Fire emblem but without the progress bar and the events being isolated at camp.

TVGuru

Dec 23, 2015
I don't get why having an unique child must mean we can't have repeatable preg content too. Kiyoko and Zhara are right there who show you can do both. These one-offs are so bittersweet.

Reactions: SammieDoo

War Demon

May 24, 2020
Hell
I just got to know why it is whenever someone serves cookies. It's with tea and not milk they better not be Oreo Cookies.

Karakara

Feb 15, 2024
I don't get why having an unique child must mean we can't have repeatable preg content too. Kiyoko and Zhara are right there who show you can do both. These one-offs are so bittersweet.
Oh, heh. Well, It does not really have anything to do with a if we can have and have not have unique children, plus repeated pregnancies. As Hana showed, they are wiling to do both.

It is just that some characters are made with intentions of making characters that can only have/only want one child. Which I think, judging by the reaction in other places, is not really that well liked. Which I understand. It goes against the fantasy of being a breeding stud and it makes the end of pregnancy feel all that more wasteful since you would need to reload a save to expirience it again.

Last edited:

Ace Hangman

Sep 16, 2021
Like Karakara mentions,
I think some NPCs are just better with no children or a set, unique one,. Maybe because they (or their writers) like it that way. We have Gwyn, Zhara, Arona, Infrith, Hretha, Hellhound, Eubicha, Lyric (girl), etc. for spawning nameless kids (and Kiyoko, but she does have several unique and named ones). Or get egged by hornets or Drider Queen for more.
Would Zo really be better content with more children than Kai? Would it serve her character to have eight more kids living in the shack (named or unnamed)? Then everyone would just be like, "Well, move her to the Frost Hound and put the kids in the nursery or to the Wayfort where the kids are... just around... like every other NPC with kids..." Being where she is and who she is is what sets her apart. Having to make the oh-so-strenuous 5 or 6 tile clicks there and back again for Zo or Valencia, or the Hellhound makes you put the effort in, as opposed to "I'm already in the Frost Hound... who's around to fuck?"

But, I think it mostly falls to what the writer wants for the character and whether they want to have to write kid stuff or pregnancy stuff rather than just focus on writing sexy scenes. Sure, you could say, "Just write a 'she's pregnant' blurb and then eventually 'she had the kid' blurb and move on, but if that's the case, why bother? Why have the potential for people to now say, "Oh, she's a mother but there's no kid content. We never see them, she must be a terrible mother and just has sex scenes! The writer needs to put them in more... even though they've said they weren't interested in that content from the start."

Karakara

Feb 15, 2024
I agree with you, but at same time, the breeding/pregnancy fetish is also not entierly tied to having kids. Hell, I know some people that play this game for pregnancy content while not really carring if children end up unique or not.

It is the knowledge that they are the ones breeding this woman that turns them on. That it is their seed reshaping this girl into this perfect image of fertilit. The simple animalistic sense of conquest and the feeling of supperiority that one gets when they have multiple women carrying or beging to carry theirchildren. So the people that ask for more pregnancy content, and repetable one at that, or not exactly the same people wanting more detailed child interactions.

This is all to say, some people are more so interested in the vissage of pregnant women than what comes out of them.

Ace Hangman

Sep 16, 2021
This is all to say, some people are more so interested in the vissage of pregnant women than what comes out of them.
Yeah, those people can probably be happy with the 'they're so bloated by your load that their abs have fluffed out into a pregnant-looking tummy' scenes. I tend to find those a bit too cartoony for my tastes, though I acknowledge there's some pretty monumental loads (my own 'Nuki nutted Champ could attest), but still I find it a bit silly for all but the most slender or slim women (or men in others' case). I just find it hard to believe that that much seed would bloat a stomach and somehow get on the outside of the abdominal muscles like a layer of fat, rather than just filling and kicking back out the front or rear or whichever end it went into (barring some supernatural biological property, like kitsune physiology).

But, to each their own. There's lots of characters and writers that do have those scenes and variety in the game doesn't mean that every NPC has to suit or allow everything. Variety in a game means you can find it somewhere in the game. You might have to look harder for some things than others.

Reactions: Kesil

Karakara

Feb 15, 2024
they're so bloated by your load that their abs have fluffed out into a pregnant-looking tummy' scenes.
Those are not the same. Sure pregnant and cum inflated gals look the same, but the implications and the appeal are different. So there is no real reason to bring it up.

But I agree, not every character should feed into the breeding fetish.

Last edited:

TVGuru

Dec 23, 2015
Would Zo really be better content with more children than Kai?
Well it certainly would have been nice to see her pregnant bust. It didn't come until months later and I had already gone through the pregnancy. And I like pregnant sex AND having children interactions. I still don't buy the logic it's somehow bad to do both. What's wrong with a blurb here and there detailing your progeny around the homestead? You already got funtionless flavor text for the homestead, inside and out. If you're going to say having unique children allows for more investment, then you can't turn around and tell me it would be too much to do stuff for generic pregnancies. TiTS' nursery allows you to have little interactions that can change on their age group. You don't even have to roll it all out at once. This game ain't being completed for years.

Ace Hangman

Sep 16, 2021
I still don't buy the logic it's somehow bad to do both. What's wrong with a blurb here and there detailing your progeny around the homestead?
It's not right or wrong, it's whether the writer wants to work on other things and not have to go back into scenes and add in blurbs and parsers and variable checks (or have a coder do it, people get paid for their time and work), when they could be writing scenes or moving the story along or adding new scenes, not touching up old ones.

No ones saying it's good or bad or right or wrong, we agreed with you but... ultimately we also know it isn't like every writer or creator is 'doing it wrong' because they don't all have nursing scenes where you get to suck on the milky titties of a particular NPC. Yes, it sucks or is bittersweet to miss out on those moments if it's a short window or one-off, but that's not unusual in the games. Either reload a save to an earlier point or start a new, different run. No one is being illogical.

Reactions: Alliebutt

TVGuru

Dec 23, 2015
It's not right or wrong, it's whether the writer wants to work on other things and not have to go back into scenes and add in blurbs and parsers and variable checks (or have a coder do it, people get paid for their time and work), when they could be writing scenes or moving the story along or adding new scenes, not touching up old ones.
See, that excuse doesn't really work when an unique child requires more work and investment to implement than generic pregnancies. That's my point. If you were actually concerned with putting effort into pregnancy content beyond the basic blurb, you wouldn't then turn around and complain about the effort required to do so. The whole point of an unique child is to touch up old scenes and add new scenes to include them.

Reactions: Ultra Chad

IraMorti

Dec 5, 2017
Since I was talking about the tentacle dick tf in the other thread I wanted to make a gripe here - Can we please get our dick measurements on the appearance screen if we have this transformation? It literally only needs the one set of measurements because it's one dick that splits into many by the Champion's own will. It would be such a quality of life change so we can keep track of any growth changes.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Since I was talking about the tentacle dick tf in the other thread I wanted to make a gripe here - Can we please get our dick measurements on the appearance screen if we have this transformation? It literally only needs the one set of measurements because it's one dick that splits into many by the Champion's own will. It would be such a quality of life change so we can keep track of any growth changes.
I don't think the bushel cock actually HAS a set length is the thing. It just conforms to whatever size any given scene calls for.

Regardless

Jul 20, 2018
I don't think the bushel cock actually HAS a set length is the thing. It just conforms to whatever size any given scene calls for.
Interesting, based on this is there then a way to interact with sph scenes while the PC has a bushel cock?

IraMorti

Dec 5, 2017
It actually does have a set length and you can adjust it. I find one of the easiest scenes to test this with is Agni's cowgirl scene. Anything over 11 inches and she'll complain about not getting you all inside her. The bushel cock has a default length of 12, but you can reduce or increase it with tf items. My current one is 11 inches and therefore procs the text stating you got it all in - but if I say take a cock alchemized blue egg and increase it past this, I will get the scene that it doesn't fit.

You can also see the size value increase and decrease if you look at the data set for the player's cock size if you save as file.

I also haven't seen any scenes that indicate it's "conforming" in any way either, outside of multicock scenes where it will always choose the scene required for the most cocks.

Edit: Wanted to add that honestly I don't even know how you would set it up to adjust size -lot of scenes have multiple versions based on size (for too small, less than perfect size, perfect size, too big, etc.) How would it pick the size? Would it just picked the biggest size? I can see that not working out for a lot of characters (not everyone wants a monster cock ravaging everyone, just a magical flexible one haha). It's better as it is - where the size is static but adjustable with tfs (and it is that way as per my evidence above). Against just be better if you can see the length, girth, knot size etc like every other dick. Just set it up where it's like "The number of dicks changes but they all equally this length, girth, etc."

Last edited:
Reactions: Arai

Resawar

Sep 21, 2018
New update means more testing and more gripes. Can we get the ability to mid combat reload to our saves? If I'm testing something and say get stunned I now have to wait until next round to maybe act or even later or I'm trying to get to a area with other encounters or more specific encounters or if I run into enemies and they bog me down, if I forgot to change to the right set or rng is just bad I can't just reload to the last save no I have to close down the whole game or reload the page. Not like there is a penalty to reloading to the last save so why can't I just do it, it's really inconvenient in general and makes gathering data on Ultimate's, Encounters powers, and long recharge power unnecessary hard.

Reactions: Arai and Ultra Chad

IraMorti

Dec 5, 2017
I doubt we'll get combat saves. But I do think we should get the option to either reload during combat or exit to main menu.

Resawar

Sep 21, 2018
I doubt we'll get combat saves.
Save states would be funny but then just turn into super micro managing rng and that's not what I'm asking for, I want to be able to reload to my last save in the middle of combat like you can in TiTs.

MarcoPolo121

Apr 24, 2017
Ireland
I just wish these "Ultimate" attacks didn't have a 24 hour cooldown period (or is it "resets after sleeping"? IDK). It ends up making them wildly impractical because you never know if you'll need them during regular combat or they'll be total overkill and then you just burned your best asset or they totally whiff and then, oh great, you wasted a turn on nothing.

Reactions: Arai

Ace Hangman

Sep 16, 2021
They are sleep. Not 24 hour. You can wait 100 hours and they won't refresh to my knowledge. That said, they almost never 'whiff' or do nothing. It's possible, but that seems very rare.