How to counter Hornet Ring's "side effects"?

Iacs

Aug 6, 2021
Does anybody know better bust reduction method, than periodically going to Keira for Scaly Salve and to Ivris for Wild Melon to make it target chest? I have 23 crit chance, so it is little annoying. And Hornet Ring is too good to take off, because it allows things like this:
You channel thunderous divine wrath into your Flametongue Blade, enchanting it until it glows with radiant power. Only then do you turn it towards the Blood Knight. Charging forward, you bring your weapon down with an explosive blast of argent light that suffuses you with enchanted resolve! (-338) Critical Hit!
You recover HP! (+59)
Etheryn recovers HP! (+55)
Azyrran recovers HP! (+57)
You gasp as your prodigious tits tightens, pushing against the front of your witch's corset. D-did your chest just get bigger!?
The Blood Knight's Frenzy is disrupted!
The Blood Knight is too hurt to keep fighting!
Level 6 boss with good defence one-shotted.

Isharon

Jun 15, 2019
Cant grow bigger tits if you allready got biggest tits XD. Accept the tits or suffer less crit.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Short of Console Dark Arts or direct save editing (with the consequences) no. It's supposed to be mildly annoying to compensate for the ginormous Crit bonus it provides. And because it's funny.

Isharon

Jun 15, 2019
I fail to see how its annoying honestly. Big tits are fun!

Iacs

Aug 6, 2021
I like this ring, it is only reason, why I just defeated former queen Alissa with her insane regeneration - critical Celestial Smite is lethal, especially on demons. It's just log spam is bit annoying and when I happen to open main character appearance and try to imagine result of ring's work, I want to run to Keira. And yes, character in question is female, but it still looks unhealthy.

Isharon

Jun 15, 2019
I like this ring, it is only reason, why I just defeated former queen Alissa with her insane regeneration - critical Celestial Smite is lethal, especially on demons. It's just log spam is bit annoying and when I happen to open main character appearance and try to imagine result of ring's work, I want to run to Keira. And yes, character in question is female, but it still looks unhealthy.
What is this insane regeneration people are talking about, I beat Alissa as leadership tank with totem arona and healer etheryn, no problem at all

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
She has 10% passive health regeneration (which applies three times per round) and a Perk that gives her 10% per hit when she strikes an enemy suffering from Frigid, plus another Perk that gives her a weak but passive all-targeting attack per turn (ie, another three hits per round). If even one of your party is Frigid, that means 60% regen per round before factoring in the recovery she gets from some of her Powers or the regen from Cold Blooded triggering off her active attacks. If two are Frigid that means 90% passive health regen per round and she'll get the last 10% from any of her attacks landing on a Frigid character. And all of her adds can heal, with one specializing in it. So yes, the fight is absolutely a DPS check of 'Can you knock her health down before she passively heals back to full'.

You made a smart companion choice because Totem!Arona hits hard with the damage type that demons are massively weak to. Go into that fight without a reliable source of Holy damage (or awareness of a fight-specific gimmick) and it becomes a lot harder.

Last edited:

Iacs

Aug 6, 2021
Nope, no Arona. I did not even start quest, that gives Arona magic armor - not my main or even favourite companion, I do not use her and even recruited only to clear orc war camp quest. Instead, I brough my standard team - MC, draconic Azy (Cleave + Queen's Breath) and Wildkin Ryn (Cold Snap is great). It's just half of the major foes of the game is demons and fighting them is main goal, so I chose White Mage as my class. That Celestial Smite was all me and Ring-of-chest-growth. Had to retry battle twice, but after bit of skill tweaking - like removing Dawnbreak, that was useless here through great in all other battles in dungeon, Alissa was defeated.