kaede uveto spawn help

ghoul

Aug 19, 2023
i have all of the requirements listed on the wiki (i've met her on myrellion and new texas, and i've been to the surface of uveto so i've seen the elevator scene) but i can't get kaede to appear on uveto. i've spent the past 90 minutes flying in and out of uveto to try to proc her.

is there something wrong or am i just ridiculously unlucky with rng?

Attachments

• Sascha (T) - 12Hrs 27Mins, 86 Days - Spearhead SS, Kalas.json
    799.2 KB · Views: 6

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
I think your save file is fine. I did go through to double check the code and fix some things but they aren't related to this issue in particular. Due to how entering and exiting the ship works (it is now checked on movement rather than on returning to the main text, I think), when you load your save file, travel to Uveto, then re-enter the ship then exit the ship, the scene with Kaede should appear (yes, this is a bit convoluted, but it brings up the necessary checks for the scene to trigger). Hope this helps.

I'll see about triggering the check on the automatic exiting of the ship. If it doesn't cause any other unintended side-effects, I'll try to leave it in for the next release.

ghoul

Aug 19, 2023
I think your save file is fine. I did go through to double check the code and fix some things but they aren't related to this issue in particular. Due to how entering and exiting the ship works (it is now checked on movement rather than on returning to the main text, I think), when you load your save file, travel to Uveto, then re-enter the ship then exit the ship, the scene with Kaede should appear (yes, this is a bit convoluted, but it brings up the necessary checks for the scene to trigger). Hope this helps.

I'll see about triggering the check on the automatic exiting of the ship. If it doesn't cause any other unintended side-effects, I'll try to leave it in for the next release.
ty for taking a look! sorry to be a bother, but is entering and exiting the ship supposed to work on the current public version? because holding down the enter and exit button under the conditions you listed still isn't proccing the scene. if i've misunderstood, then my bad

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
ty for taking a look! sorry to be a bother, but is entering and exiting the ship supposed to work on the current public version? because holding down the enter and exit button under the conditions you listed still isn't proccing the scene. if i've misunderstood, then my bad
As far as I am aware of, it should work (in the code, I don't think there is a difference in code between the public and backer/dev versions for the event's check). Basically, I loaded the save file you posted, used the Fly menu to travel to Uveto Station, re-entered the ship, then re-exited the ship. And at once, the Kaede's Uveto visitation appeared. Is this not happening for you?

Wait, I think the enter-exit may also be inconsistent. For some reason exiting using the navigation controls will not trigger the event, yet using the "Exit" button will. I'll try to look into it further. If you want to trigger it right away, I would suggest using the "Exit" button to step off the ship onto Uveto Station.

Edit: I've made an adjustment for the next release that should hopefully trigger any potential ship-exiting scene when using the navigation controls to exit the ship. I've also updated the check for exiting the ship upon landing on Uveto Station and Zheng Shi Station that should use the same checking method (other locations are left the same, but may be updated to similar checks if the results are inconsistent).

Last edited: