Zheng Shi - How do you open the Scaffold floor?

river_song25

May 12, 2016
Title says it all. *lol* Though what I did is beat Maike, beat Argoth, got the elevator working, but when I go to the top two floors, they say my path is blocked. So how can I unblock it?

Last edited:

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
On one of the higher floors, check the elevators, its being blocked by a piece of debris.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
More specifically:
1. If you start from the Mines, use the Cargo Elevator to go up one floor to the Forge.
2. Go to the North West corner and take the ladder up to the Scaffolds.
3. Go South until you see a path to the East, which leads to the Elevator, which you can unblock.
4. The South side of the map has a Rival encounter and the entrance to the Sidewinder (the Rocket Ship icon).
5. To enter the Sidewinder you need to continue East, then North, then East at the branch and fight Dr Teyaal to get her keycard.
6. Go back to where you fought your Rival's bodyguard and continue North.
7. Enter the Sidewinder, go to the Person icon to fight the Shock Hopper.
8. Winning will give you the code for the door leading to the Probe (Star icon).
9. Once you've defeated the Shock Hopper you can exit the elevator at the top floor.

river_song25

May 12, 2016
More specifically:
1. If you start from the Mines, use the Cargo Elevator to go up one floor to the Forge.
2. Go to the North West corner and take the ladder up to the Scaffolds.
3. Go South until you see a path to the East, which leads to the Elevator, which you can unblock.
4. The South side of the map has a Rival encounter and the entrance to the Sidewinder (the Rocket Ship icon).
5. To enter the Sidewinder you need to continue East, then North, then East at the branch and fight Dr Teyaal to get her keycard.
6. Go back to where you fought your Rival's bodyguard and continue North.
7. Enter the Sidewinder, go to the Person icon to fight the Shock Hopper.
8. Winning will give you the code for the door leading to the Probe (Star icon).
9. Once you've defeated the Shock Hopper you can exit the elevator at the top floor.
When I first tried doing that, using the elevator ALL movement icons on the second and third floors the elevator takes you to in gray instead of white, wirh a message on the big screen saying that the way off the elevator and onto those two floors is blocked by crates and other stuff, and I can't click them to go anywhere on the floors no matter where I look.

And when you say if I used the cargo elevator in the mines? The one you need a spacesuit, if you don't get caught up in the slave pen chain gang first instead? I still get the same result whether I use the one in the mines or the one in the slave pens or the elevator in the ship docking area.

Last edited:

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Are you still having trouble?

You enter Zheng Shi on the bottom floor, and the floors are:
Mines: Your Ship, Urbolg, Bored Jumpers, Mining Robots, Maike...
Forge: Argosh, Ardia, Forgehound boss, Dong Designer...
Scaffolds: Your Cousin, Sidewinder, (blocked from the other side), Dr Teyaal...
Recreational Deck: No encounters, Blackjack, Dane...

You should be able to get off of the elevator on both the Mines and Forge (once you've either repaired the elevator or snuck in with the Slaves). The elevator Scaffolds must be unblocked from the other side. You have to reach the Scaffolds using the ladders in the North of the Forge, then you can unblock the elevator.
When you started following my instructions, did you start from the Mines, or the Forge?

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA
Necroing a year-and-a-half-old thread to thank people you don't know for answering a question you never asked...

THE INTERNET!!