Your inner voice

Preacher

Nov 22, 2016
The most holiest of grounds
Who narrates the scenes in text based games for you?

Mine is usually a lusty feminine one but somehow yesterday Morgan Freeman came out of nowhere and narrated Anno's shower scene, needless to say I couldn't continue until I stopped laughing.

But this had me wondering what other people's inner monologue sounds like. Do you have one? Who is it if it's someone famous? Is it your own voice? That type of stuff.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
I rarely going into narration mode for them. But if I do... then it's like Woider have: generic male or female voice noone recognizable for RL.

Lyxander-2

Sep 9, 2015
Voice actors for dialogues only. Narrators actually disrupt my imagination, it's like your friends waking you up to ask about your ice cream while you were having a wet dream.

Vio

Feb 24, 2017
If its dialogue, then I try to imagine the character's voice. If it's narration then I don't really have a voice for it, I just read.

JimboJizzim

Nov 11, 2016
Florida, USA
For narration, that is epic and cinematic, I think of a type of old Legends of yore type of narrator that uses flair and gusto to do so.

Although, I do a lot of outside voices since I play D&D, but I only do voices for dialogue in and out of my head.

If a story is told in the first person, it'll generally be a voice most fitting to the narrator.

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
I don't think I really HAVE an inner voice when I play TiTS, tbh. I just use headcanon and imagine the character's voices (Including my version of the PC's) as they speak.

Last edited:

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
And for me, either John Cleese or David Attenborough.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Aww such a suprise. I thought somoene will say: Now all your lines are spoken in my voice (Morgan Freeman or Samuael L. Jackson) ^^

Vio

Feb 24, 2017
Gary Busey narration would be optimal, tbh. Especially if he made voices for dialogue.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
What about then Groot? As long he would not keep saying he's Groot.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
I know. And ironicaly he started in move(s) with XXX in the title. He coul voice PC as...hmm hard/misc ones personalities and just some npc with similar personality. Still would be needed another for more kinds npc's/pc personality.

RanmaChan

Mar 17, 2017
The Frozen North, Canada
From now on, all the dialogue shall be read aloud inside my head by Tim Curry.

Yes! Going to try that now, lol

I just kind of create the voices for the character inside my head, though, I can only really do it when it tells me what they sound like. If it doesn't, I just make it up. Then I read the narration in my own voice, or without a voice? I don't know, hmm.

Endwar

Oct 29, 2016
For me the voices differ depending on the scenario and timing. For NPCs of course they will have their own voice. Narration on the other hand i don't got one in mind.

Akhter13

Aug 30, 2015
I don't think I really HAVE an inner voice when I play TiTS, tbh.
Thank you I was starting to doubt my humanity. The only time I get a voice in my head whilst reading is if it is mine going "Woah! rewinding...not getting that last bit.!" or "Ha-ha I see what you did there."

Zat

Dec 18, 2016
Lithuania
When it comes to narration I imagine that is done by Brad Jones (The Cinema Snob) or Mike Stoklasa (Red Letter Media). Character voices are done by John Cleese or Jeremy Clarkson.

Preacher

Nov 22, 2016
The most holiest of grounds
To tell you people the truth, I'm also like @Akhter13 , no voice until I put one into the story or think to myself. Problem is, I put one in way too fucking often which results in the weird voice shenanigans in my original post. Just can't help myself.