yo, how the fuck do i defeat the faceless blade?

JakeFromStateFarm

Jan 15, 2016
im on easy mode, and this shit is still too hard. also the game cheats. i have attacked her 20 times with steady strike, i have only hit her once.

Animefan666

Sep 6, 2020
I'm not exactly sure if tease targets Tease resistance or Mental resistance, but Mind Blast and Ghostly Wail specifically target Mental resistance.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
What build are you using? Because assuming you're not being hyperbolic it sounds like you have basically no Accuracy. Or are, say, ignoring the fact that the Faceless Blade has a buff that completely negates melee attacks for several turns.

SmithEK

Apr 20, 2021
Story mode is the easiest and I always beats her on that one.

JakeFromStateFarm

Jan 15, 2016
What build are you using? Because assuming you're not being hyperbolic it sounds like you have basically no Accuracy. Or are, say, ignoring the fact that the Faceless Blade has a buff that completely negates melee attacks for several turns.
my build is scattered. its nominally a warrior. ive got galons griefmaker, champ belt, silver mask, conq plate, winged boots, fox tail charm, ring of fate, and mares ring. im running guarded stance, steady strike, flash fire, influence, and the warrior ult, because the other ults are kinda shit on warrior. im running pyro brienne and viv. i tried using influence and steady strike on her before she procced the perfect parry, only ever got her to use the senninbari once. ALL of her attacks crit over 20 battles, dealing 120+ damage each attack. even if i had a healer in the party, i cant outheal that much damage. i cant go back to a previous save, as i overwrite them, and i dont have autosaves on. i really dont want to drop the difficulty to story mode and i dont want to make a new character. also, i made a mistake, im not on easy, im on normal. my accuracy is 18. also, there is a point in which she has both the melee parry, and also the magic parry, which means i cant touch her for three turns, and she heals all the damage while critting me down to 0.

zagzig

Feb 26, 2021
The best strategy for getting past Faceless Blade is keeping Calise up to tank and fight. You need some Remedies to heal debuffs (Faceless Blade does extra damage to debuffed enemies) and can use Winterstem or Vulneraries to heal as well. Another option is to bring a healer, but anyone squishy will go down to FB's AoE attacks.

Baggrin

May 16, 2019
1. You've already been told this in passing, but I'd rather repeat: Pay attention to the posture of this cheating bitch.
When she "invites you to attack her" it is a VERY bad idea to do so, at least with a melee weapon.

2. Once per round (it seems to me that a round, not a turn...) attacking her with a spell is punishable by a counterspell, but at least spells harm her.

3. She has 65 Holy and Fire resists, 40 all other resists. So I would advise you to use the Sharp Sickle + Kunai as a weapon.

4. Powers? Eviscerate and Dual Blitz will help you when she is not using Blade Block, Psychic Blast can be tried when she is using Blade Block. Unbreakable keeps you safe for three turns. Last ability? I'm not sure, but it's possible Blessing, cast this in preparation for Eviscerate when Blade Block wears off. Then, however, you do not need Psychic Blast, replace it with something else, Guidance, for example, or Duelist's Stance.

P.S. It might seem interesting to try using Power Wave, but alas, this attack does not ignore Blade Block, despite the fact that it is considered a ranged attack.

UPDATE. I would call accuracy 18 a shamefully small indicator. Use Boon for maximum Agility, a Lucky Strike or two won't hurt either.
By the way, I can’t understand how it’s possible to play with such a low accuracy if I have misses at accuracy 39+ in those cases when I (according to the formulas) could not miss in principle. An example of this would be my Cleave missing an Evasion 7 Minotaur Miner with my accuracy of 39. Or Missing the Drider Queen with Smite Evil...

Last edited:

JakeFromStateFarm

Jan 15, 2016
1. You've already been told this in passing, but I'd rather repeat: Pay attention to the posture of this cheating bitch.
When she "invites you to attack her" it is a VERY bad idea to do so, at least with a melee weapon.

2. Once per round (it seems to me that a round, not a turn...) attacking her with a spell is punishable by a counterspell, but at least spells harm her.

3. She has 65 Holy and Fire resists, 40 all other resists. So I would advise you to use the Sharp Sickle + Kunai as a weapon.

4. Powers? Eviscerate and Dual Blitz will help you when she is not using Blade Block, Psychic Blast can be tried when she is using Blade Block. Unbreakable keeps you safe for three turns. Last ability? I'm not sure, but it's possible Blessing, cast this in preparation for Eviscerate when Blade Block wears off. Then, however, you do not need Psychic Blast, replace it with something else, Guidance, for example, or Duelist's Stance.

P.S. It might seem interesting to try using Power Wave, but alas, this attack does not ignore Blade Block, despite the fact that it is considered a ranged attack.

UPDATE. I would call accuracy 18 a shamefully small indicator. Use Boon for maximum Agility, a Lucky Strike or two won't hurt either.
By the way, I can’t understand how it’s possible to play with such a low accuracy if I have misses at accuracy 39+ in those cases when I (according to the formulas) could not miss in principle. An example of this would be my Cleave missing an Evasion 7 Minotaur Miner with my accuracy of 39. Or Missing the Drider Queen with Smite Evil...
that is a sound strategy. for someone who has those abilities and weapons in their inventory. i overwrote my saves and dont have autosaves. or, didnt have them. made a new character ultimately.

Hanzo

Oct 10, 2015
Drawing aggro to the Champion with Guarded Stance then not wearing a shield to negate crits in a game where it's an automatic loss if it gets KO'd doesn't sound like a good plan.

Baggrin

May 16, 2019
Drawing aggro to the Champion with Guarded Stance then not wearing a shield to negate crits in a game where it's an automatic loss if it gets KO'd doesn't sound like a good plan.

Don't forget what his Ultimate is. Personally, these three turns of invulnerability were enough for me not to worry about my health for the whole battle.

that is a sound strategy. for someone who has those abilities and weapons in their inventory.

My bad. I started writing this before I saw your answer.

i overwrote my saves and dont have autosaves. or, didnt have them. made a new character ultimately.
Besides, I couldn't even imagine a game with autosaves turned off where your only save is the "retry battle" button, so I assumed it was your last save before entering the dungeon.

Well, then it sounds like you very well fucked, especially if you only have a "standing in front of the boss" save and can't change either your power set or your teammates' sets.

P.S. Yes, she does crit every damn time, unless she's hitting a character with a shield. It's worth noting, by the way, that Berserkergang doesn't give her guaranteed hits, only guaranteed crits for hits that have already taken place.
Also, if it's any help, I'll note that she seems to be immune to disarms.

JakeFromStateFarm

Jan 15, 2016
Don't forget what his Ultimate is. Personally, these three turns of invulnerability were enough for me not to worry about my health for the whole battle.

My bad. I started writing this before I saw your answer.

Besides, I couldn't even imagine a game with autosaves turned off where your only save is the "retry battle" button, so I assumed it was your last save before entering the dungeon.

Well, then it sounds like you very well fucked, especially if you only have a "standing in front of the boss" save and can't change either your power set or your teammates' sets.

P.S. Yes, she does crit every damn time, unless she's hitting a character with a shield. It's worth noting, by the way, that Berserkergang doesn't give her guaranteed hits, only guaranteed crits for hits that have already taken place.
Also, if it's any help, I'll note that she seems to be immune to disarms.
i'll keep it in mind for when i get back to that fight.