WTFF?

Nephilim_Anunnaki

Sep 7, 2015
I am sorry but I was trying to ignore this but I reached that point that can't avoid to ignore it for more time?
What's wrong with some people who starts posts in GENERAL were should be at their respective subforums?

Reactions: ShySquare and Kesil

ShySquare

Sep 3, 2015
Most recent wave of bored newcomers looking to spice their summer up with free lewd text-based games, probably.
they're too innocent and naive to read the pinned threads and the wikis.

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
Most recent wave of bored newcomers looking to spice their summer up with free lewd text-based games, probably.
they're too innocent and naive to read the pinned threads and the wikis.

Naive and innocent aren't words I would use... how about stupid and lazy? :p

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Oh I don't know
mildly annoyed inference towards the newbies, mixed with a disdain for the fact that no one reads rules anymore, but with the general belief that it is more a societal thing where people just want to get to the action without thinking anymore. Followed by several words describing the newbies as immature, inexperienced, along with an affirmation that as veteran members of the forum, the onus of guiding them should be on us.

Only with way more swearing.

ShySquare

Sep 3, 2015
Naive and innocent aren't words I would use... how about stupid and lazy? :p
I don't want to offend them.
I want to make them just uncomfortable enough that they'll behave like flipping adults (which they should be) and read the forum's rules
before they complain about stuff whose rules and solutions are referenced in the pinned threads of a forum,
or demand that a certain feature be implemented,
or pitch an idea that they have no intention of writing in the Ideas subforum,​
and are subsequently assaulted with a slew of old forum regulars telling them to Lurk Moar and Git Good and Read the Pinned Threads You Dimwit,
which then devolves into unnecessary drama,
which is of no help to anyone and only serves to maintain an unhealthy, borderline toxic mentality in the forums

So yeah. Imo, implying that they are innocent, naive, childlike babes is the best way that I've found to get the worst of them to not behave like whiny entitled brats (well, most of them have good intentions, but people who don't know the forum's etiquette are quite annoying, especially when they all arrive at the same time) and actually stay on the forums.

Sorry for the wall of text. I have opinions on the matter.

So basically, what @Evil said, I think? reading comprehension is failing me rn But in a more courteous way, because people tend to react more positively to people who don't insult them or use swear words.

Edit: Anyone else feel like we're a bunch of old people grumbling about "kids these days" ?

Last edited:

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Eh, I went for a vague way of describing things because I know if I went for a more direct way of discussing my thoughts, it would just be a wall of swear words. Because that's how annoyed I have been the last few days.

But yeah, as much as we might hate or complain about the newbies mis-posting, the truth is, the more experienced members of the forum need to step up and explain where they went wrong. Getting up in their faces and screaming isn't going to help and in my experience, you start doing that, you're counting down a very short time to when the forum is dead, because its going to get a reputation for being an aggressive and unwelcoming place.

Yes, we get annoyed, but they're idiots, they don't know any better. Its on us to teach them how not to be idiots.

Reactions: ShySquare

ShySquare

Sep 3, 2015
Eh, I went for a vague way of describing things because I know if I went for a more direct way of discussing my thoughts, it would just be a wall of swear words.
No foul, really. It's just that since English isn't my first language, I sometimes have trouble properly understanding the meaning and tone of forum posts. Especially when sleep deprived.

Yes, we get annoyed, but they're idiots, they don't know any better. Its on us to teach them how not to be idiots.
^^^^ This. So much. This should be pinned at the top of each and every subforum.

Also, a newbie who didn't know any better getting ripped apart by an angry mob for a minor offense is not the kind of drama that I enjoy watching.

I'd much rather people debate who their favourite waifu/husbando is, or the most satisfying way to enslave Sera (before or after you agree to become her bitch?), even though I love Sera. That kind of thing where people are passionate because they love something.

Reactions: Evil

Nephilim_Anunnaki

Sep 7, 2015
Oh, true enough if yo ucheck they are new... but at least one of them is even open various threads at once, stacking general.
But being new is no excuse to not read or even be lazy to do things properly, some mod should start to 1) move posts or 2) close/delete them.
Seriously at this pace it would fill front page.

ShySquare

Sep 3, 2015
I mean, it's not like they're intentionnally starting drama or anything. Most of them just want to ask for help/help make the game better.
Sure, there are better ways to go about it, but they're fairly innoffensive (if a bit annoying).

Reactions: Evil