Wombat's Wondrous Wardrobe

Woeful Wombat

Dec 10, 2015
Sadly not a magical wardrobe that sends you to another realm, unless you're on mushrooms.

An assortment of armour, clothing and other apparel I would love to see ingame. Nothing too breathtaking or innovative. Right now my inner weeb shines through, so it's a bunch of Japanese stuff. If there is any overlap with existing suggestions, my bad, I only checked threads that had seen updates this year.

This should take you to a general overview.
And this to what some vendors (Kirila, Aurora & Aliss) have to say about their wares, as well as the blurbs you get for finding stuff out in the wild.

I'll probably be adding a bunch more to the list as ideas come to my mind. Which might take a while, who knows.

Ideas, critique, corrections and suggestions are of course very welcome. I am aware that some of the descriptions are a tad long; walking the line between descriptiveness and brevity is sometimes a difficult task. Or maybe that's just me.

I tried my hand at coding, so here's armour, clothing, upper undergarment and lower undergarment. Onion Armor and other bullshit excluded.

Many thanks @Thebiologist for providing help and insight.

On a technical note, when exactly is something classified as "armour"? Something like the Sleek Parka or the unfortunately unavailable Catsuit can be hardly called armour, yet they're listed as such.

And I'm not entirely sure about the difference between this forum and the Event Submissions. Is the latter just for full scenes or what?

Update 06.Aug.2017: Toned down some stats, moved several armours into clothing category, Band-Aid™ renamed to Bandage.
Added since original post:
  • Crystallized Atma Armor Mk. I
  • Coconut Bottoms
  • Protective Vest and Jeans
  • Plague Doctor Outfit
  • Seashell Panties
  • Seashell Skirt

Update 11.Aug.2017: Added basic code, added Lacy Panties (how were they not a thing? There's been a Lacy Bra for ages), Raider Armor and a Motley.

Update 25.Aug.2017: Added vendor comments (Kirila, Aurora, Aliss).

Last edited:
Reactions: Crablord

Crablord

Jan 18, 2016
i can finally wear a plastic bag in game

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
There really isn't a hard line between the Ideas and Events submissions forum except that only things that are near to completion should go in Submissions.

Woeful Wombat

Dec 10, 2015
One thing I will say is most of the armor is far more powerful than anything else in game already.
That's what I feared, but at least that's easily changeable. I personally see Fortification as a rather weak stat and I have no clue how the damage is calculated, so how Defence comes into play is a mystery to me.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
If I might offer a suggestion; combine the jeans with other pieces into one piece of armour. Think the Joshua Graham armour from Fallout New Vegas.

Otherwise, there's some good items there, if a little overpowered.

Also, Silly Mode idea for the Coconut Bra description - "Offers support and impromptu horsey sound effects!"

Reactions: captinjoehenry

Woeful Wombat

Dec 10, 2015
If I might offer a suggestion; combine the jeans with other pieces into one piece of armour. Think the Joshua Graham armour from Fallout New Vegas.
I can see that working. Although... Maybe I'm alone with this, but I always imagined the pants of "Protective Jacket" and "Smart Jacket and Pants" to be jeans. The descriptions leave you in the dark about that though.
Edit: Added something like that.

As for being overpowered: I do get the feeling, but—Onion Armour aside—I'll need some pointers. The Kimono, for example, is a slightly weaker version of a Weavemail Coat for a slightly higher price.

Last edited:

Thebiologist

Jun 24, 2017
It's a common mistake to make the item first and then make up the stats and it's not just you, even famous online games do this. You should do it the other way around, otherwise it's a balance nightmare, because you'll be designing the stuff you want for yourself and you'll be unconsciously giving it too powerful stats, just because it's something you want to wear.

Your items are way too powerful and too cheap and you need to make a distinction between clothing, undergarment and armor. Clothes rarely have defense and if they do it's 1, 2 at most and there needs to be an explanation in the text about why is it armored.

There are 3 slots on the body, the top and lower undergarments, which go under the clothing and the clothing/armor slot, keep that in mind when designing stuff. For example, your jeans or the hoodie, if they take the clothing/armor slot that means you'll be half naked, if they take the undergarment slot that means you won't be wearing bras or panties.

Though, I've gotta say, armors and clothes are a freaking mess in-game too. Weapons usually make sense, but armors and clothing are completely random for example a shirt of wavemail giving more defense than a suit of high-tech modern combat armor.

Last edited:

Woeful Wombat

Dec 10, 2015
It's a common mistake to make the item first and then make up the stats and it's not just you, even famous online games do this. You should do it the other way around, otherwise it's a balance nightmare, because you'll be designing the stuff you want for yourself and you'll be unconsciously giving it too powerful stats, just because it's something you want to wear.
That does sound like a better way to do it, balance-wise. I'll swing the nerfbat at my power fantasies a little and see if it gets any better, then try it out that way. And the more I look at it, the more OP the weavemail stuff seems to be: 9 defence, 25% kinetic and 20% freezing on the coat for just under 20 grand. Maybe I shouldn't base new armour off of that.
What does defence do? I can't find any damage calculation tables. Edit: Found an old doc stating defence is simply flat reduction, is that still true?

The jeans having no top and the hoodie missing pants are perfectly intended. The hoodie's description doesn't mention it, so the players can just fill the gaps if they like. Though maybe it'll be better to give the hoodie some pants, but then I'm a fan of the long hoodie + panties look. A separate item, perhaps.

Last edited:

Klaptrap

Aug 27, 2015
Or you should let the devs do the balancing because that is literally part of their job description.

Woeful Wombat

Dec 10, 2015
Or you should let the devs do the balancing because that is literally part of their job description.
Sure, they have the last say anyway and can just change the stats if they feel they don't fit. But if I can make is easier for them while also getting my own interpretation across, then I'd gladly do that.

Woeful Wombat

Dec 10, 2015
Prettied the place up a little, made it more readable.

Trying to get into the code, but I've never done this shite, so there are a couple questions:

Does package.classes.Items.Apparel include clothing, armour and underwear or do any of these have a separate category?
Do I need to import any specific classes for armour and/or clothing items, like damage tables or something?
For defining an item as armour or clothing, are this.type = GLOBAL.ARMOR and this.type = GLOBAL.CLOTHING correct or are they called differently?
And how do you do flags? Are there different types of flags? Do I need to import a specific class for them?

All in all, it seems fairly straight-forward though, just wished there was some sort of universal template. But kudos to Thebiologist for what he has in his thread.

This is kinda where I am at right now:
package classes.Items.Apparel

{

import classes.GLOBAL;

import classes.GameData.TooltipManager;

import classes.ItemSlotClass;

import classes.StringUtil;

public class PlagueDoctor extends ItemSlotClass

{

public function PlagueDoctor()

{

this._latestVersion = 1;

this.quantity = 1;

this.stackSize = 1;

this.type = GLOBAL.CLOTHING;

this.shortName = "P.Doctor";

this.longName = "Plague Doctor Outfit";

TooltipManager.addFullName(this.shortName,StringUtil.toTitleCase(this.longName));

this.description = "Costume of a medieval plague doctor.";

this.tooltip = "The eerie costume of a plague doctor. A long leather overcoat, gloves and boots, coupled with a bird-like mask filled traditionally filled with herbs and flowers. A stylish top hat is included, but optional.";

TooltipManager.addTooltip(this.shortName, this.tooltip);

this.attackVerb = "null";

this.basePrice = 4200;

this.attack = 0;

this.defense = 0;

this.shieldDefense = 0;

this.shields = 0;

this.sexiness = 0;

this.critBonus = 0;

this.evasion = 0;

this.fortification = 0;

resistances.poison.resistanceValue = 50;

resistances.drug.resistanceValue = 30;

resistances.pheromone.resistanceValue = 90;

itemFlags = [];

itemFlags.push(GLOBAL_FLAG_AIRTIGHT);

this.version = _latestVersion;

}

}

}

Thebiologist

Jun 24, 2017
You need to add: import classes.Engine.Combat.DamageTypes.DamageFlag; if you want to add damage/resistance flags.

I'm gonna leave you some code from items that are already in-game:

Armor:

{
import classes.GLOBAL;

public class AtmaArmor extends ItemSlotClass
{

public function AtmaArmor()
{
super();
this._latestVersion = 1;
this.quantity = 1;
this.stackSize = 1;
this.type = GLOBAL.ARMOR;
this.shortName = "AtmaArmor";
this.longName = "Atma Armor Mk. I";
TooltipManager.addFullName(this.shortName,StringUtil.toTitleCase(this.longName));
this.description = "a mark one suit of Xenogen’s Atma Armor";
this.tooltip = "Xenogen Industries patented Atma Armor, Mark One. It is designed to auto-administer chemical suppressants when the wearer is subjected to arousing stimuli, aphrodisiacs, or pheromones. Guaranteed to reduce workplace sexual harassment claims.";
TooltipManager.addTooltip(this.shortName,this.tooltip);
this.attackVerb = "";
resistances.psionic.resistanceValue = 30;
resistances.drug.resistanceValue = 30;
resistances.pheromone.resistanceValue = 30;
resistances.tease.resistanceValue = 30;
this.basePrice = 1550;
this.attack = 0;
this.defense = 2;
this.shieldDefense = 0;
this.sexiness = 0;
this.critBonus = 0;
this.evasion = 0;
this.fortification = 0;
itemFlags = [GLOBAL.ITEM_FLAG_AIRTIGHT];
this.version = this._latestVersion;
}
}
}

Clothing:

{
import classes.GLOBAL;

public class BunnyOutfit extends ItemSlotClass
{

public function BunnyOutfit()
{
super();
this._latestVersion = 1;
this.quantity = 1;
this.stackSize = 1;
this.type = GLOBAL.CLOTHING;
this.shortName = "Bunny.O";
this.longName = "one-piece bunny outfit";
this.description = "a one-piece bunny outfit";
this.tooltip = "This is a ‘Humphard Bunny’ outfit. It’s not a full bunny outfit - there’s only satin ears and a fluffy tail. The rest of the outfit is hardly furry; a strapless one-piece bikini, black pantyhose, high heels, a collar with bow tie, and cuffs with cuff links. Wear it and be a Humphard Bunny!";
this.attackVerb = "";
this.basePrice = 1000;
this.attack = 0;
this.defense = 0;
this.shieldDefense = 0;
this.sexiness = 5;
this.critBonus = 0;
this.evasion = 0;
this.fortification = 0;
this.version = this._latestVersion;
}
}
}

Lower undergarment:

{
import classes.GLOBAL;

public class BaggySwimShorts extends ItemSlotClass
{

public function BaggySwimShorts()
{
super();
_latestVersion = 1;
quantity = 1;
stackSize = 1;
type = GLOBAL.LOWER_UNDERGARMENT;
shortName = "BaggyShorts";
longName = "baggy swim shorts";
TooltipManager.addFullName(shortName,StringUtil.toTitleCase(longName));
description = "a violently colorful pair of baggy swim shorts";
tooltip = "No beach-bumming bro is one without one.";
TooltipManager.addTooltip(shortName,tooltip);
attackVerb = "";
basePrice = 500;
attack = 0;
defense = 0;
shieldDefense = 0;
sexiness = 1;
critBonus = 0;
evasion = 0;
fortification = 0;
itemFlags = [GLOBAL.ITEM_FLAG_SWIMWEAR];
version = _latestVersion;
}
}
}

Upper undergarment:

{
import classes.GLOBAL;

public class Babydoll extends ItemSlotClass
{

public function Babydoll()
{
super();
this._latestVersion = 1;
this.quantity = 1;
this.stackSize = 1;
this.type = GLOBAL.UPPER_UNDERGARMENT;
this.shortName = "Babydoll";
this.longName = "babydoll top";
this.description = "a babydoll top";
this.tooltip = "This cute, silky garment is so thin as to be practically translucent. Made of chameleon silk and ultralastic, it barely covers the wearer’s torso, let alone anything below the waist.";
this.basePrice = 520;
this.attack = 0;
this.defense = 0;
this.shieldDefense = 0;
this.shields = 0;
this.sexiness = 1;
this.critBonus = 0;
this.evasion = 0;
this.fortification = 0;
}
}
}

Shields:

package classes.Items.Protection
{
import classes.Engine.Combat.DamageTypes.TypeCollection;
import classes.GLOBAL;

public class BasicShield extends ItemSlotClass
{

public function BasicShield()
{
super();
this._latestVersion = 1;
this.quantity = 1;
this.stackSize = 1;
this.type = GLOBAL.SHIELD;
this.shortName = "BasicShld";
this.longName = "cheap JoyCo shield generator";
this.description = "a cheap JoyCo shield generator";
this.tooltip = "A cheap, off-the-shelf shield generator that can be purchased at almost any JoyCo megastore.";
this.basePrice = 50;
this.attack = 0;
this.defense = 0;
this.shieldDefense = 0;
this.shields = 10;
this.sexiness = 0;
this.critBonus = 0;
this.evasion = 0;
this.fortification = 0;
resistances = new TypeCollection();
resistances.kinetic.resistanceValue = 45;
}
}
}

Accessories:

package classes.Items.Accessories
{
import classes.GLOBAL;

public class AimEyepiece extends ItemSlotClass
{

public function AimEyepiece()
{
super();
this._latestVersion = 1;
this.quantity = 1;
this.stackSize = 1;
this.type = GLOBAL.ACCESSORY;
this.shortName = "AimEyepiece";
this.longName = "aim-assisting eyepiece";
this.description = "an aim-assisting eyepiece";
this.tooltip = "A squat little thing, placed on your eye like half of a pair of glasses. It operates as a targeting assist, hooking up with the muzzle of a ranged weapon and giving you some flexibility of being able to aim without glaring down the sight of the weapon. The lack of depth perception means it’s only useful shooting across your living room, however.";
this.basePrice = 800;
this.attack = 2;
this.defense = 0;
this.shieldDefense = 0;
this.shields = 0;
this.sexiness = 0;
this.critBonus = 0;
this.evasion = 0;
this.fortification = 0;
}
}
}

And all available global flags here:

itemFlags = [GLOBAL.ITEM_FLAG_SWIMWEAR]; //an example
addFlag(GLOBAL.ITEM_FLAG_BOW_WEAPON);
itemFlags.push(GLOBAL.ITEM_FLAG_TRANSPARENT); //all of those types of code seem to work, but I would use this one.

flags:

ITEM_FLAG_BOW_WEAPON
ITEM_FLAG_ENERGY_WEAPON
NOT_CONSUMED_BY_DEFAULT
ITEM_FLAG_EFFECT_FLURRYBONUS
ITEM_FLAG_AIRTIGHT
ITEM_FLAG_SWIMWEAR
ITEM_FLAG_EXPOSE_FULL
ITEM_FLAG_LUST_WEAPON
ITEM_FLAG_POWER_ARMOR
ITEM_FLAG_EXPOSE_CHEST
ITEM_FLAG_EXPOSE_GROIN
ITEM_FLAG_EXPOSE_ASS
ITEM_FLAG_HEATBELT
ITEM_FLAG_HEAT_GENERATOR
ITEM_FLAG_REDUCED_ACCURACY
ITEM_FLAG_COMBAT_DRONE
ITEM_FLAG_INTERNAL_POWER
ITEM_FLAG_UNDROPPABLE
ITEM_FLAG_TRANSPARENT
ITEM_FLAG_ANTIGRAV

And damage/resistance flags here:

baseDamage.addFlag(DamageFlag.CHANCE_APPLY_STUN); //example for weapons
resistances.addFlag(DamageFlag.ABLATIVE); //example for resistance

Damage:

PENETRATING
BULLET
LASER
PSIONIC
EXPLOSIVE
ENERGY_WEAPON
BYPASS_SHIELD
ONLY_SHIELD
CHANCE_APPLY_BURN
DRAINING
GREATER_DRAINING
VAMPIRIC
GREATER_VAMPIRIC
CHANCE_APPLY_STUN
CRUSHING

Resistances:

ABLATIVE
PLATED
MIRRORED
CRYSTAL
NULLIFYING
AMPLIFYING
GROUNDED
EASY
CRYSTALGOOARMOR
SYDIANARMOR

And damage type/resistance for armors/weapons:

resistances.kinetic.resistanceValue = 1;
baseDamage.kinetic.damageValue = 1; //examples

Physical damage:

kinetic
electric
burning
freezing
corrosive
poison
unresistablehp or truedamage

Lust damage:

psionic
drug
pheromone
tease
unresistablelust or truelust

I'll also leave you spreadsheet with the current obtainable apparel items HERE.

Last edited:
Reactions: Woeful Wombat

Woeful Wombat

Dec 10, 2015
You need to add: import classes.Engine.Combat.DamageTypes.DamageFlag; if you want to add damage/resistance flags.
So in the case of armour, just when I want to add ablative, mirrored, plated etc., or even when I want a simple kinetic resistance à la "resistances.kinetic.resistanceValue = 20;"?

And I notice the "resistances = new TypeCollection();" on the shield there, what does that one do? I assume that's one of the first items that were created, so did Fen or whoever wrote this define resistances or what? If so, why not do it beforehand.

Thebiologist

Jun 24, 2017
So in the case of armour, just when I want to add ablative, mirrored, plated etc., or even when I want a simple kinetic resistance à la "resistances.kinetic.resistanceValue = 20;"?

And I notice the "resistances = new TypeCollection();" on the shield there, what does that one do? I assume that's one of the first items that were created, so did Fen or whoever wrote this define resistances or what? If so, why not do it beforehand.

Only when you add flags from the damagre/resistance list like those you said.

"resistances = new TypeCollection();" seems to be some kind of old code that's no longer in use, I tested items without it and they work and many items don't have that and they work perfectly. there is a lot of junk in the code, you don't really need to add "shieldDefense = 0;" for example. Everything that's missing is zeroed by default, but people are lazy and copy-paste a lot, so the code just sits there, taking space and doing nothing at all. I admit I'm guilty of that too.

Woeful Wombat

Dec 10, 2015
Alright, getting somewhere, thank you.

Is there a way to toy with accuracy, maximum energy and minimum/maximum lust? Accuracy has ITEM_FLAG_REDUCED_ACCURACY, but that doesn't specify a number.
Also, how do I do hardlight-compatible versions of lower underwear? I assume it's a separate item each time, not just some toggle, but what's the flag for that?

Edit: For hardlight, I found "this.hardLightEquipped = true;", but the only piece of equipment with that line is the hardlight anti-grav thong.

Last edited:

Thebiologist

Jun 24, 2017
this.attack is accuracy, I know, it's confusing.

As for minimum lust, that seems to be more complicated as you need to edit 2 different scripts:

public function lustMin() : Number
{
var bonus:int = 0;
if(this.hasPerk("Drug Fucked"))
{
bonus = bonus + 10;
}
if(this.hasPerk("Amazonian Needs"))
{
bonus = bonus + 20;
}
if(this.hasPerk("Black Latex"))
{
bonus = bonus + 10;
}
if(this.hasPerk("Treated Readiness") && bonus < 33)
{
bonus = 33;
}
if(this.perkv1("Flower Power") > 0)
{
bonus = bonus + this.perkv2("Flower Power");
}
if(this.perkv1("Ultra-Exhibitionist") > 0 && this.isFullyExposed(true))
{
bonus = bonus + (bonus < 23?33:10);
}
if(this.hasStatusEffect("Ellie\'s Milk"))
{
bonus = bonus + 33;
}
if(this.hasStatusEffect("Aphrodisiac Milk"))
{
bonus = bonus + 33;
}
if(this.perkv1("Dumb4Cum") > 24)
{
bonus = bonus + (this.perkv1("Dumb4Cum") - 24);
}
if(this.hasStatusEffect("Adorahol"))
{
bonus = bonus + 5 * this.statusEffectv1("Adorahol");
}
bonus = bonus + this.statusEffectv1("Sexy Costume");
bonus = bonus + this.statusEffectv4("Priapin");
bonus = bonus + this.statusEffectv2("Heat");
bonus = bonus + this.statusEffectv2("Rut");
bonus = bonus + this.statusEffectv2("Lagonic Rut");
bonus = bonus + this.statusEffectv1("Omega Oil");
if(this.hasStatusEffect("Lane Detoxing Weakness"))
{
if(bonus < this.statusEffectv2("Lane Detoxing Weakness"))
{
bonus = this.statusEffectv2("Lane Detoxing Weakness");
}
}
if(bonus < 35 && this.hasStatusEffect("Red Myr Venom"))
{
bonus = 35;
}
if(bonus < 20 && this.hasStatusEffect("Paradise!"))
{
bonus = 20;
}
if(bonus < 20 && this.hasPerk("Peace of Mind"))
{
bonus = 20;
}
return 0 + bonus;
}

That means you'll have to create an status effect on that script and then on the item like this:

}

override public function onEquip(targetCreature:Creature) : void
{
targetCreature.createStatusEffect("Sexy Costume",10,0,0,0,false,"LustUp","The outfit you are wearing is making you feel randier than usual.",false,0,12030916);
}

override public function onRemove(targetCreature:Creature) : void
{
targetCreature.removeStatusEffect("Sexy Costume");
}

That also appears to be the case for all player stats. Lust, libido, energy, aim, willpower, reflexes, physique and intelligence.

Woeful Wombat

Dec 10, 2015
this.attack is accuracy, I know, it's confusing.
Well that's an interesting choice of name for accuracy. And I guess this means having a non-weapon-item add attack power is a little trickier as well. I think I'll leave that to actual coders, should I ever get an idea for an item like that. But thank you once again.

Managed to answer my own hardlight question. For regular items, "this.hardLightEquipped = true;" is the way to go, but if it's sold through Aliss, then she has a neat function for that in her own code:
public function purchaseSomethingHardlightFromAliss(purchaseItem:*):void
{
clearOutput();
author("Third");
showBust(alissBustDisplay());
output("You transfer the credits for a hardlight-equipped version of your chosen undergarment.\n\n");
//Credits
pc.credits -= (getAlissPrice(purchaseItem) + 3000);

purchaseItem.basePrice += 3000;
purchaseItem.hasRandomProperties = true;
purchaseItem.hardLightEquipped = true;

var foundLootItems:Array = [];
foundLootItems.push(purchaseItem);

itemScreen = mainGameMenu;
lootScreen = mainGameMenu;
useItemFunction = mainGameMenu;
//Start loot
itemCollect(foundLootItems);
}

Woeful Wombat

Dec 10, 2015
Coded only the items themselves, nothing more. Thought about some fitting locations and vendors, but eh.
Some merchants, namely Aliss, Kirila and Aurora, have something to say about each item they sell. Will I need to ask their respective authors or can I just write that myself?

Woeful Wombat

Dec 10, 2015
Added stuff that Kirila, Aurora and Aliss have to say about what they're selling. I'm sure it's riddled with mistakes, but I'm too tired to proofread anything right now. If I need the authors' permissions, then well shit. Third seems to have been dead for a year on this forum and Kinathis for almost that long. At least Magic Teddy is around here somewhere.

I'll have to add some lines for any equipment you find out in the wilderness, as well. The rest can just go to whatever vendors don't comment on their wares.

Edit: Did a couple passes, should have fewer mistakes now and be less awkward.

Last edited:

Woeful Wombat

Dec 10, 2015
Well then, what do I do with this thread now?
Most items are basically ready to be added, so I thought about throwing it into the Event Submissions subforum. But then, this is rather meant as a repository for ideas for apparel that I, or others, might have, so it's in a perpetual state of "work in progress". But how do I then get stuff added, or at least considered? I assume this subforum gets a lot less traffic, both from Fen's posse and regular users, so I'm not sure if I can really leave this thing here.

On a related note, proofreaders are still very much welcome; there's only so much I can catch by myself, even after the hundredth pass.

Thebiologist

Jun 24, 2017
You should make a new thread on the submissions subforum with the flag [Submited] if you think it's ready or [Final edits] if all that's missing is proofreading. Then send a private message to Fenoxo or the crew to let them know of your contribution. To make things go faster, you should upload your stuff to dropbox or github in individual text documents with he .as extension. That way they just need to drag and drop the stuff into the game.

Here you have a nice preview of what they'd look like in-game:

bT7R4k3.png
rIAigcX.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Woeful Wombat