[WIP] Modified Magic Milker

Status
Not open for further replies.

a`nickname

Feb 28, 2016
Hello everyone!

Sooo, I began to write an expansion for the Joyco Magic Milker 7. It should provide a milker more adapted for the most... productive milk-tanks out there. You have enough of these weak bags that break apart? Try the Modified Magic Milker, with its own portative bottling factory! (or don't, because it's literally a prototype made by a shaddy guy from the black market; who knows what hiccups the machine might have?)

Without no further waiting, here is the link:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mTtpXF1x6oJlAw6PPrmipBhN6NRV0JDTieKBICsnKrI/edit?usp=sharing

Quick rundown of the project:

• It involves Orryx as a business partner, opening things up for more collaboration with him in the future.
  • The new milker will be an accessory. Imagine a backpack directly connected to your tits, milking the PC every hour and producing bottles every day.
  • It will be purely masturbatory content, linked to the use (and misuses) of the milker.
  • Ideally, the bottles will be different depending on the PC milk type and consummable, with different instantaneous and temporary effect.
  • I'm trying to make it Ditz Speech-friendly.

I've written the first two scenes and would like your suggestions or constructive criticisms before going further. Spelling errors, inconsistencies with the lore, bogus mechanics... I would like to hear your opinion on anything I could have missed. However, I would like to point out it's both my first time writing a project that size in English and my first time writing for TiTS, so please be nice if I made rookie mistakes ^^'.

PS: While I'm open to any good input and idea to improve this project, I don't plan to adding much more to it that what is described in the Google Doc. I prefer to keep the scope rather small and thus give this project a bigger chance to be completed and, hopefully, added to the game than set the bar too high and fail miserably. On the other hand, if you want to contribute and write stuff on top of it, you're more than welcome, the more the milkier!

EDIT:

Several people complained the code syntax was hard to read, so I edited the document to make it less of an eyesore (more paragraphs, smaller indentation). I'm pretty sure the syntax is correct, so it would make for an easier implementation. However I understand it makes the text harder to proofread, so I'll stop after scene 2 and use the syntax described in the reference guide. If it's still too hard to read as it is, I'll rewrite it and simply keep a copy of the coded version elsewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Lone Wolf115

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
Cool, this definitely makes more sense than the unfinished expansion I started a long time ago (it involved upgrading the bag quality with elastic silk and it wasn't well thought out to begin with...). I also like the lore-friendliness and variable dialog.

For spelling and word syntax, remember it is American English, so numbers will be written as "10,000" instead of "10.000".

While I personally don't have issues with psuedo code, I don't think it is a good idea to write the doc in that. Gedan should have a reference on how to properly outline a doc--it will retain your bracketting and will also make it easier to read/edit and see the paragraph breaks in case there is a break in the reading flow.

I know that Couch was comissioned to do a milk mixing set of items, so I'm not sure if this new device will accommodate for that or if alternate fluids will be converted to a certain type of milk bottles. In any case, the default milking system for obtaining milk items might need to be adjusted anyway.

Hope this project does well, and keep it up!

a`nickname

Feb 28, 2016
Cool, this definitely makes more sense than the unfinished expansion I started a long time ago (it involved upgrading the bag quality with elastic silk and it wasn't well thought out to begin with...). I also like the lore-friendliness and variable dialog.

For spelling and word syntax, remember it is American English, so numbers will be written as "10,000" instead of "10.000".

While I personally don't have issues with psuedo code, I don't think it is a good idea to write the doc in that. Gedan should have a reference on how to properly outline a doc--it will retain your bracketting and will also make it easier to read/edit and see the paragraph breaks in case there is a break in the reading flow.

I know that Couch was comissioned to do a milk mixing set of items, so I'm not sure if this new device will accommodate for that or if alternate fluids will be converted to a certain type of milk bottles. In any case, the default milking system for obtaining milk items might need to be adjusted anyway.

Hope this project does well, and keep it up!

Thanks for your input.

I'll stop with pseudo-code after I finish to write the second scene. Since I have some knowledge in coding and I'm using Github as a reference I think it's mosly correct, except for the first function obviously. However it will indeed be easier for others to read/edit and for me to write.

For the milk mixing comission, there might be a very easy way to accomodate the two projects. Since it's seems the "Lactaid Flavor" will make the PC produce perfumed milk, and not anything else, it would make sense to just expand the "chocolate-flavored bottle" to a more generic "[MilkFlavor]-flavored bottle". I keep the same properties, just adapt the description using [pc.milkColor].

And concerning actual mixing in the bottle, I don't want to go that far because it would mean tracking 24 milking sessions to determine how the bottle should taste and look... Covering all the possibilities will be a nightmare. So it will be either "last milking session determine the type of bottle" or "the most present  fluid milked determine the type" (with random result if it's a draw). Still, if someone wants to expand afterward and transform Cpt. Steele into a living cocktail machine, I dig the idea (could make for interesting interactions in the local bars).

Lashcharge

Aug 27, 2015
Even through you gave an explanation it still makes no sense why this project has forced alcoholic content.

EDIT: The explanation made no sense.

a`nickname

Feb 28, 2016
Even through you gave an explanation it still makes no sense why this project has forced alcoholic content.

EDIT: The explanation made no sense.

The implied plot is the following: Orryx is a small dealer, so small his biggest sales, the one who actually boost his reputation, are the bottles of Myr Nectar the PC bring sporadically. One day he sees the PC squirting honey everywhere and think "If I can get this milk tank as a steady supplier, I can make big money". He contacts an engineer he knows, an old JoyCo employee who was fired for (SPOILER) and ask him to make a portable milker capable of producing a specific range of bottles he knows would be popular: plain milk by default, moonshine Honey Wine, Vanae milk-flavored spirit, "organic" Irish chocolate... He wants unique products to hit new markets without concurrence he wouldn't be able to beat with his small production.

Now, if In Universe explanations don't satisfy you, it will boils down to "I don't see why not, I'm writing the scenes and it fits the idea I have in my head".

I appreciate sincerely you took the time to read my newbie project, but I feel like you're latching on a rather insignificant detail. I think the story justifies it, it makes for more alcoholic drinks that fit in your inventory instead of being consumed in a bar, and the alternative you suggested in the comment is basically "write a bunch more scenes", which I'm not ready to do. In any case, if new content make this choice obsolete, like TFs that transform your milk into margarita, gin or champagne, it will literally be three variables to delete.

Lashcharge

Aug 27, 2015
The implied plot is the following: Orryx is a small dealer, so small his biggest sales, the one who actually boost his reputation, are the bottles of Myr Nectar the PC bring sporadically. One day he sees the PC squirting honey everywhere and think "If I can get this milk tank as a steady supplier, I can make big money". He contacts an engineer he knows, an old JoyCo employee who was fired for

and ask him to make a portable milker capable of producing a specific range of bottles he knows would be popular: plain milk by default, moonshine Honey Wine, Vanae milk-flavored spirit, "organic" Irish chocolate... He wants unique products to hit new markets without concurrence he wouldn't be able to beat with his small production.

Now, if In Universe explanations don't satisfy you, it will boils down to "I don't see why not, I'm writing the scenes and it fits the idea I have in my head".

I appreciate sincerely you took the time to read my newbie project, but I feel like you're latching on a rather insignificant detail. I think the story justifies it, it makes for more alcoholic drinks that fit in your inventory instead of being consumed in a bar, and the alternative you suggested in the comment is basically "write a bunch more scenes", which I'm not ready to do. In any case, if new content make this choice obsolete, like TFs that transform your milk into margherita, gin or champagne, it will literally be three variables to delete.

I didn't read everything because the pseudo-code turns me off reading. I'll read it whole when that's fixed.

On the terms of the lore Orryx is specifically interested in Gold Myr Nectar and not other products for a reason. On the other hand we don't know how advanced are fermentations processes. In real life it takes several weeks, so even with super advanced space science I doubt 1 hour would be believable.

My issues with it, as I've said in the the doc is that it denies access to regular use of this item and forces the player into a modified product, whcih kinda defeats the purpose of having an automatic milk pumper. The other problem is that this isn't mentioned in the tooltip at all so the item itself is kinda misleading. A third problem is that the alcoholic content means alot of these product can't be used on children which was you know the original purpose behind milkers.

My suggestion was to make a regular auto-milker and then an advanced upgradeable version for when you increase your rep with him that gives the modified products you want to do.

a`nickname

Feb 28, 2016
On the terms of the lore Orryx is specifically interested in Gold Myr Nectar and not other products for a reason. On the other hand we don't know how advanced are fermentations processes. In real life it takes several weeks, so even with super advanced space science I doubt 1 hour would be believable.

My issues with it, as I've said in the the doc is that it denies access to regular use of this item and forces the player into a modified product, whcih kinda defeats the purpose of having an automatic milk pumper. The other problem is that this isn't mentioned in the tooltip at all so the item itself is kinda misleading. A third problem is that the alcoholic content means alot of these product can't be used on children which was you know the original purpose behind milkers.

My suggestion was to make a regular auto-milker and then an advanced upgradeable version for when you increase your rep with him that gives the modified products you want to do.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Orryx is interested in Myr Nectar because he knows it's a popular product but he can't obtain it by himself. Still, you see him sell other stuff ot various people and yet the only thing that boosts his reputation is Myr Nectar, something easily accessible by most individuals on the planet. He's clearly on the bottom of the ladder, he has a cheap ship and make small deals here and there.

We're speaking about a game where pills can rewrite your DNA and make you grow limbs in a matter of minutes, if not seconds, and you find strange brewery process can take only a day?

Like I replied to you on the doc, it's not forcing anything on the player. The Magic Milker isn't an unique item, it can be rebought. Likewise, this new item won't induce permanent change on the player, it's an accessory that can be equiped and unequiped. I also already addressed your third point. The backstory will make clear you're repurposing your regular milker so it adapts for bigger production and adult consommation. If you just want to get a good sucking on your teats and get a healthy drink at the end, I can suggest you to write a small scene with Millie where she gives you one bottle of your own milk if your production at the barn was high enough. You're right on your second point, I'll edit the tooltip to make it clear it modifies the milk before bottling it. The bottle description will also be clear on the matter.

Your suggestion involve writing several more scenes and items. I'm not against the idea, giving more choice to the player is always good, but I don't want to expand the scope of the project much further than it is right now by fear of not finishing it. So what I would suggest is the following, I write everything like I see it, then you write the upgrade scenes with Orryx and the "regular" bottles and I modify the initial scenes to make it fit nicely. If it's not possible for you, then I'll make the upgrade scenes only if I have the motivation to do so.

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
Ah, I just realized something. Instead of taking up the accessory slot, it might be better for the item to occupy the top garment or armor slot. This will prevent issues with some nipple tweaking and undressing scenes. Because the item is not a one-use item like the original, wearing the item like clothing might be functionally more feasible. If not, there might need to be some instances where the item needs to be taken off (primarily during sex scenes).

a`nickname

Feb 28, 2016
Ah, I just realized something. Instead of taking up the accessory slot, it might be better for the item to occupy the top garment or armor slot. This will prevent issues with some nipple tweaking and undressing scenes. Because the item is not a one-use item like the original, wearing the item like clothing might be functionally more feasible. If not, there might need to be some instances where the item needs to be taken off (primarily during sex scenes).

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll correct that ASAP.

Lashcharge

Aug 27, 2015
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Orryx is interested in Myr Nectar because he knows it's a popular product but he can't obtain it by himself. Still, you see him sell other stuff ot various people and yet the only thing that boosts his reputation is Myr Nectar, something easily accessible by most individuals on the planet. He's clearly on the bottom of the ladder, he has a cheap ship and make small deals here and there.

We're speaking about a game where pills can rewrite your DNA and make you grow limbs in a matter of minutes, if not seconds, and you find strange brewery process can take only a day?

Like I replied to you on the doc, it's not forcing anything on the player. The Magic Milker isn't an unique item, it can be rebought. Likewise, this new item won't induce permanent change on the player, it's an accessory that can be equiped and unequiped. I also already addressed your third point. The backstory will make clear you're repurposing your regular milker so it adapts for bigger production and adult consommation. If you just want to get a good sucking on your teats and get a healthy drink at the end, I can suggest you to write a small scene with Millie where she gives you one bottle of your own milk if your production at the barn was high enough. You're right on your second point, I'll edit the tooltip to make it clear it modifies the milk before bottling it. The bottle description will also be clear on the matter.

Your suggestion involve writing several more scenes and items. I'm not against the idea, giving more choice to the player is always good, but I don't want to expand the scope of the project much further than it is right now by fear of not finishing it. So what I would suggest is the following, I write everything like I see it, then you write the upgrade scenes with Orryx and the "regular" bottles and I modify the initial scenes to make it fit nicely. If it's not possible for you, then I'll make the upgrade scenes only if I have the motivation to do so.

Orryx can't buy Myr Nectar directly from the seller because of Camarilla restrictions on races at war, but he can buy it if it's second-hand. Most of these products have no reason to go to a black market, since selling the milk of indentured servants in the form of Icecream is allowed.

I guess I've misread. It says it will suck one liter everyhour and that after 25 sucking it produces an item. It still would need 1 extra day to ferment the last sucking.

It's forcing content because you make an automatic milker and then making it produce something else differently with different results. That's at least my opinion.

Well I guess I could do it since there wouldn't be much more content to actually write, just the item tooltips, and some little extras. The biggest problem is that it wouldn't make sense since it wouldn't be a upgrade, it would be a downgrade.

a`nickname

Feb 28, 2016
It's forcing content because you make an automatic milker and then making it produce something else differently with different results. That's at least my opinion.

Well there wouldn't be much more content to actually write, just the item tooltips, and some little extras. The biggest problem is that it wouldn't make sense since it wouldn't be a upgrade, it would be a downgrade.

I disagree it's forcing, I'm not blocking access to existing content, I'm merely not covering every possible outcomes.

It would require one scene where Orryx offers you to upgrade the milker, one where you accept, one where you refuses, one where he delivers you the equipment. Different tooltip for both version of the auto-milker, 5 other bottles to describe, plus any new type of milk added would require two new bottles instead of one. If you write these scenes to upgrade from basic to processing auto-milker, I make the one described in my part of the text the basic one. It shouldn't take much more than a few lines of dialog.

Lashcharge

Aug 27, 2015
I disagree it's forcing, I'm not blocking access to existing content, I'm merely not covering every possible outcomes.

It would require one scene where Orryx offers you to upgrade the milker, one where you accept, one where you refuses, one where he delivers you the equipment. Different tooltip for both version of the auto-milker, 5 other bottles to describe, plus any new type of milk added would require two new bottles instead of one. If you write these scenes to upgrade from basic to processing auto-milker, I make the one described in my part of the text the basic one. It shouldn't take much more than a few lines of dialog.

I'm not entirely sure what you're suggesting here. Are you saying that if I write the Magic Milker 7 to Auto Milker(and the bottles) you will make your text the Auto Milker to Brewing Auto Milker?

a`nickname

Feb 28, 2016
I'm not entirely sure what you're suggesting here. Are you saying that if I write the Magic Milker 7 to Auto Milker you will make your text the Auto Milker to Brewing Auto Milker?

Here is the deal: Currently writing the scenes to go from Magic Milker 7 to Brewing Auto Milker, so my scene will reference the fact the new milker process the milk. As it is, the intermediary Auto Milker won't exist.

If you write everything necessary to have an upgrade from Auto Milker to Brewing Auto Milker, then I'll adapt my scenes so the upgrade in them will be from Magic Milker 7 to Auto Milker, then I'll add your scenes after mine to upgrade from AM to BAM.

To schematize, it will go from:

[My scenes]

Thanks for your MM7, here is your BAM

to

[My scenes]

Thanks for your MM7, here is your AM

[Your scenes]

I can upgrade your AM to BAM! Here, it's done

Am I clear (I'm not sure I am...)?

Lashcharge

Aug 27, 2015
Here is the deal: Currently writing the scenes to go from Magic Milker 7 to Brewing Auto Milker, so my scene will reference the fact the new milker process the milk. As it is, the intermediary Auto Milker won't exist.

If you write everything necessary to have an upgrade from Auto Milker to Brewing Auto Milker, then I'll adapt my scenes so the upgrade in them will be from Magic Milker 7 to Auto Milker, then I'll add your scenes after mine to upgrade from AM to BAM.

To schematize, it will go from:

to

Am I clear (I'm not sure I am...)?

Yeah now it's clear.

I'll need you to clean the pseudo code first, so I have a better example of what you want and put some examples of tooltips for bottles.

a`nickname

Feb 28, 2016
Yeah now it's clear.

I'll need you to clean the pseudo code first, so I have a better example of what you want and put some examples of tooltips for bottles.

Page 4 onward is normally much more readable now. If it's still too complicated, I'll downgrade it again to the syntax described in the reference guide. I however would like to avoid that because I'm pretty sure everything after page 4 is ActionScript-compliant. I would stop using AS syntax after scene 2, so it should be easier for you to read too.

In any case, if you're serious about writing these scenes, I would still recommand you to wait a bit. Even if it's not that big of a project, I'm not totally convinced I didn't bit off more than I could chew. Keep an eye on the project and if I manage to get through it, you'd still have time to jump in. It should also give you the opportunity to see more of what I have in mind.

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
Yes please put this horse down... too many people are
beatingadeadhorse-gif.31942

Reactions: XBoxMaster131
Status
Not open for further replies.