[WIP] Sadism and Masochism Mechanic [Help Finding Scenes Still Needed]

irioth

May 12, 2016
Yes, i am planning a sadism one too. I'll be posting a similar thread to help tag its scenes soon.

Great news as well, although at the moment I'm kinda more eager to add masochist features than sadist ones to my Steele. This is probably one of the mechanics I'm most eager to have incorporated in the game, barring more storage space in the ship. I wish I could be of greater help but just like you, I usually play female PC. I suppose, much like the ultra-exhibitionist perk, it shall be possible to acquire the masochist perk by spamming appropriate scenes (such as the self-spanking one, once it unlocks), right?

Last edited:

Doombot

Mar 5, 2016
For scenes i think the losing to Dane on Mengha fits, if i remember correctly he steps on the pc head to keep it on the ground, spanks when they try to look at him. Maybe the cockwine scene, it have some spanking when pc refuses to take tentacle in mouth, and maybe the Lassau scene when he goes for feral fucking (thought not sure)

AHornyPanda

Apr 5, 2017
Canada
@irioth yep

For scenes i think the losing to Dane on Mengha fits, if i remember correctly he steps on the pc head to keep it on the ground, spanks when they try to look at him. Maybe the cockwine scene, it have some spanking when pc refuses to take tentacle in mouth, and maybe the Lassau scene when he goes for feral fucking (thought not sure)
Alright I'll check them out when I have the chance. Thanks!

toritoritori

Oct 24, 2015
Not really my cup of tea, but the doc had some slightly awkward-sounding phrases, which I ripped apart. Hope it helps. Since it's a stat that's gonna be subject to a lot of varience, make sure you remember to put down blurbs for when the player's masochism decreases enough to go down a level.

I don't see how that makes sense.

Thanks, @RequiemForAMeme

Eh, convo's already passed, but I could see it working. I mean, you're presumably either fantasizing about being fucked by the creature attacking you, or you're just standing there and letting yourself get slapped around. Additionally, it wouldn't cause the issue of unwanted perk-acquisition like fighting or taking damage would. Not that I think it's "the most awesome idea ever," but I can understand where the idea was coming from.

AHornyPanda

Apr 5, 2017
Canada
Not really my cup of tea, but the doc had some slightly awkward-sounding phrases, which I ripped apart. Hope it helps. Since it's a stat that's gonna be subject to a lot of varience, make sure you remember to put down blurbs for when the player's masochism decreases enough to go down a level.
Thanks for reminding me.

Eh, convo's already passed, but I could see it working. I mean, you're presumably either fantasizing about being fucked by the creature attacking you, or you're just standing there and letting yourself get slapped around. Additionally, it wouldn't cause the issue of unwanted perk-acquisition like fighting or taking damage would. Not that I think it's "the most awesome idea ever," but I can understand where the idea was coming from.
Eeeeh, I still prefer not having combat mechanics affect the score.

Doombot

Mar 5, 2016
found some more. Sera scene where she cuffs you behind the counter, at the start of the scene she slaps the pc harshly across the face. (you only have the dom breeding one in the file), her face-sitting scene could also aply with her bouncing on your face and pulling your hair.
the brothel scene with an asaur got a rought assfuck ending with a slap on the ass.

Reactions: AHornyPanda

AHornyPanda

Apr 5, 2017
Canada
It's necromancin' time:
This is what I'll be working on for now.

I have expanded it to also include sadism. The doc was updated with the perk's information and its unlock blurbs.

Although I have been ninja adding scenes, I am still missing a lot. Any help would be appreciated.

Pls, be gentle.

Chiyose

Sep 22, 2017
Here's a few scenes I could think of: Queen of the Deep impreg, Kiro 3some, drunk fucking, any scenes where you pass out/druged from combat loss, Dryad vag/ream scene, any forceful impreg scene and parasite merging/forced transformation due to sex scenes.

AHornyPanda

Apr 5, 2017
Canada
Here's a few scenes I could think of: Queen of the Deep impreg, Kiro 3some, drunk fucking, any scenes where you pass out/druged from combat loss, Dryad vag/ream scene, any forceful impreg scene and parasite merging/forced transformation due to sex scenes.
Although it would make sense, I don't want combat results to contribute to the scores, it will make it hard to avoid the mechanic. The specific scenes would be enough. Also, what do you mean by drunk fucking?
And thanks for the rest!

Chiyose

Sep 22, 2017
Although it would make sense, I don't want combat results to contribute to the scores, it will make it hard to avoid the mechanic. The specific scenes would be enough. Also, what do you mean by drunk fucking?
And thanks for the rest!
Well, the Queen impreg is your own choice after you defeat her in combat. Also drunk fucking is when Kiro outdrinks you and takes you back to her ship for a pounding, pretty intense stuff just like what she usually does.

AHornyPanda

Apr 5, 2017
Canada
Alright, I added some of the suggestions to the list. I also re-ordered it to be alphabetical, should make it easier to go over now.

Special thanks to laura curran whoever you are, this is exactly the kind of suggestion format that I wanted. I left their comment up for anyone who wants to use it as a guide.

I forgot to mention it in my last post but there is one more thing I would like suggestions for. For masochists, I will write a self-spanking scene that can refresh the score and gets harder for higher scores. I want to do something similar for sadists, but I don't have a single clue on what that could be. So any ideas are appreciated.

eveoflife

Aug 29, 2015
Alright, I added some of the suggestions to the list. I also re-ordered it to be alphabetical, should make it easier to go over now.

Special thanks to laura curran whoever you are, this is exactly the kind of suggestion format that I wanted. I left their comment up for anyone who wants to use it as a guide.

I forgot to mention it in my last post but there is one more thing I would like suggestions for. For masochists, I will write a self-spanking scene that can refresh the score and gets harder for higher scores. I want to do something similar for sadists, but I don't have a single clue on what that could be. So any ideas are appreciated.
Only thing I can think of at this time is a repeat scene for subs the PC doms/can dom. Possibly Reaha (mainly slave mode, dunno about otherwise but possibly, best to ask Savin), sub Sera, Bess/Ben (dunno if we need to dom them), Siegewolfie, Nova goo armor, Gastigoth prisoners, Cameron, Vahn, and Inessa? I can also see subs from the exhibitionist net idol thing paying Steele Jr a visit for a public spank, maybe even summon the ones in the area via using the Codex to call out on that site.

flying_moustache

Aug 30, 2015

I say just do a variation of the self-spank. (Maybe have the scene take place in front of a mirror and have the PC watch herself while doing the spanking?)

For masochistic increase, describe and focus on the received pain and for sadistic increase focus on dirty talk and the feeling of inflicting pain.

AHornyPanda

Apr 5, 2017
Canada
Only thing I can think of at this time is a repeat scene for subs the PC doms/can dom. Possibly Reaha (mainly slave mode, dunno about otherwise but possibly, best to ask Savin), sub Sera, Bess/Ben (dunno if we need to dom them), Siegewolfie, Nova goo armor, Gastigoth prisoners, Cameron, Vahn, and Inessa?
For now, I only want to tag the existing scenes instead of expanding on current characters. What I'm looking for is some sort of scene that can always be triggered regardless of the characters near you. Which is kind of hard considering the very nature of sadists.

I can also see subs from the exhibitionist net idol thing paying Steele Jr a visit for a public spank, maybe even summon the ones in the area via using the Codex to call out on that site.
This is one of the ideas that I had on mind but it would be exclusive to full blown exhibitionists. I might add it when I expand on the fansite.

I say just do a variation of the self-spank. (Maybe have the scene take place in front of a mirror and have the PC watch herself while doing the spanking?)

For masochistic increase, describe and focus on the received pain and for sadistic increase focus on dirty talk and the feeling of inflicting pain.
Ooooh! This sounds so good and simple. I think I'll roll with it. Thanks!

If anyone has more ideas though, they are still appreciated. It doesn't have to be one scene.

eveoflife

Aug 29, 2015
This is one of the ideas that I had on mind but it would be exclusive to full blown exhibitionists. I might add it when I expand on the fansite.

If anyone has more ideas though, they are still appreciated. It doesn't have to be one scene.
Well ... maybe a wall mountable tushie sex toy you can buy from Happy Tails or Tamani Corp on Tavros Station? Would require writing one up, but could be hardlight fabricated from a collar like the one Sera rewards for that replica of her dick. Dunno, I'm wildly guessing.

AHornyPanda

Apr 5, 2017
Canada
Well ... maybe a wall mountable tushie sex toy you can buy from Happy Tails or Tamani Corp on Tavros Station? Would require writing one up, but could be hardlight fabricated from a collar like the one Sera rewards for that replica of her dick. Dunno, I'm wildly guessing.
That sounds cool, but I don't think it would be as satisfying as spanking an actual person, unless it also moans... hmmm... into the ever growing pile of dream projects it goes!

Chiyose

Sep 22, 2017
That sounds cool, but I don't think it would be as satisfying as spanking an actual person, unless it also moans... hmmm... into the ever growing pile of dream projects it goes!
Well, cutting yourself always works, so is whipping.

DikGurlLuvr69

Aug 19, 2017
I'll end my post with some scenes that aren't in the doc, yet, but first I'd like to share some other thoughts/suggestions

To start, instead of locking into only one perk, why not change both so that they are a little less binary, a little less OP (especially together) and more interesting?

Examples I thought of: Sadist: increase crit by 5 but gain 1 lust/10 health (not shield) damage dealt.

Masochist: Reduce evasion by 5 but gain X energy/Y health (not shield) damage taken (where X and Y are numbers that make this perk balanced)

These would be less OP together since they don't really synergize and i think they fit better with the respective fetishes. Extra crit as a sadist because you're good at finding people's weak points. And i don't see why a masochist would want to be resistant to damage. They'd want to get hit, so they are less likely to avoid an attack. But, when they get hurt, they feel joy, thus the idea for gaining energy. And both perks ignore damage being dealt to shields because shields prevent actual damage.

My biggest problem with the project is the idea of grinding another sex stat. I hate grinding in any game, but find it especially egregious in a game I'm trying to play one-handed. And I really HATE the way exhibitionism works in this game. You're proposing doing sadism and masochism the same way. I really like both. Especially if that self-whipping scene becomes a thing.

Why not increase the values for each scene, but have a prompt pop up when you get to the thresholds of 33%, 66%, and/or 99% giving the player the option to cap their masochism/sadism? The idea I'm going for here isn't really an "off" button, as you would have to be exposed to some levels of sadism and masochism before capping the stat, but more of a THIS IS MY STOP button, so people don't have to go all the way, and you can increase the scene values so I don't have to grind. Please don't make me grind. :negativeman:

As for sadism/masochism scenes in the game that are missing from the doc:

Sadism:
SubSera
Punishment - Spanking

Masochism:
Mirrin
First sex scene (Kind or Mischievous Steele)
First sex scene (Hard Steele)
Deep DP
Humiliation

I'm actually really surprised she's not in the doc yet.

AHornyPanda

Apr 5, 2017
Canada
To start, instead of locking into only one perk, why not change both so that they are a little less binary, a little less OP (especially together) and more interesting?

Examples I thought of: Sadist: increase crit by 5 but gain 1 lust/10 health (not shield) damage dealt.

Masochist: Reduce evasion by 5 but gain X energy/Y health (not shield) damage taken (where X and Y are numbers that make this perk balanced)

These would be less OP together since they don't really synergize and i think they fit better with the respective fetishes. Extra crit as a sadist because you're good at finding people's weak points. And i don't see why a masochist would want to be resistant to damage. They'd want to get hit, so they are less likely to avoid an attack. But, when they get hurt, they feel joy, thus the idea for gaining energy. And both perks ignore damage being dealt to shields because shields prevent actual damage.
First thing first, I don't want people to be able to have both perks, that would be too strong regardless of what they do. However, they can still access content that needs high scores for both while keeping one of the perks. Basically, having one perk will not lock you away from the other.

Second, although your proposed change makes sense, masochism would feel like a debuff. I also imagine fen would probably have the effects of the perk more flavor based than provide strong benefits. Also, I'd rather the effect be consistent than involve chance. Also, also, it is not that masochists are damage resistant, damage is just less effective because they enjoy it.

And finally shield damage already does not count, I'll make that clearer in the doc.

My biggest problem with the project is the idea of grinding another sex stat. I hate grinding in any game, but find it especially egregious in a game I'm trying to play one-handed. And I really HATE the way exhibitionism works in this game. You're proposing doing sadism and masochism the same way. I really like both. Especially if that self-whipping scene becomes a thing.

Why not increase the values for each scene, but have a prompt pop up when you get to the thresholds of 33%, 66%, and/or 99% giving the player the option to cap their masochism/sadism? The idea I'm going for here isn't really an "off" button, as you would have to be exposed to some levels of sadism and masochism before capping the stat, but more of a THIS IS MY STOP button, so people don't have to go all the way, and you can increase the scene values so I don't have to grind. Please don't make me grind. :negativeman:
I hate grinding too, but this is the best way to introduce the mechanic without having people accidentally interact with it. Like I mentioned above you will be able to access high score scenes for both of them simultaneously. For the self-spanking scene, you will be able to choose which variant you want, if you are eligible.

The numbers might change based on how many scenes I end up finding. What you are proposing is an off button, a more selective one sure, but an off button nonetheless. I have an idea for a separate way to reduce the scores and keep them in check, but I'll get to that when I'm done with this.

If it gives you any solace, this will be less grindy than exhibitionism. The gains won't get quartered unless you have one of the perks and 'mild' scenes will always contribute.

As for sadism/masochism scenes in the game that are missing from the doc:

Sadism:
SubSera
Punishment - Spanking

Masochism:
Mirrin
First sex scene (Kind or Mischievous Steele)
First sex scene (Hard Steele)
Deep DP
Humiliation

I'm actually really surprised she's not in the doc yet.
Thanks for these! I add scenes as I go through the game. I just haven't had the chance to interact with Mirrin yet.

Night Trap

Scientist
Creator
Oct 31, 2016
I didn't see these reported yet, but hopefully they are what you're looking for. My character Ciaran has some scenes that hopefully fall under the aegis of the kind of masochist content you're looking for.

The scenes are:
  • Get Spanked
  • Lap Fuck
and maybe "Get Fingerfucked" if overstimulation/forced orgasm counts as masochism. For context, you choose to get your pussy fingered or get your butt fingered and jerked off at the same time, and in both scenes as soon as you cum, Ciaran just goes even faster while you're still cumming and forces you into another orgasm.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Where is the "watchCelinaPegHerDadOhMyGodNightWhy" function?

AHornyPanda

Apr 5, 2017
Canada
I didn't see these reported yet, but hopefully they are what you're looking for. My character Ciaran has some scenes that hopefully fall under the aegis of the kind of masochist content you're looking for.

The scenes are:
  • Get Spanked
  • Lap Fuck
and maybe "Get Fingerfucked" if overstimulation/forced orgasm counts as masochism. For context, you choose to get your pussy fingered or get your butt fingered and jerked off at the same time, and in both scenes as soon as you cum, Ciaran just goes even faster while you're still cumming and forces you into another orgasm.
Yup, they all count.

After interacting with Ciaran, I just realized TiTS is severely lacking in DILFs. Thank you for this!

Night Trap

Scientist
Creator
Oct 31, 2016
Yup, they all count.

After interacting with Ciaran, I just realized TiTS is severely lacking in DILFs. Thank you for this!
You're welcome! I hope you liked it. I think we're doing much the same thing: .satisfying people by plugging holes filling in gaps in the game's content. The hardlight panties are still one of my absolute favorite things in the game, especially the low exhibitionism version of the public orgasm scene! :yes:

I think the only way it could be better is if it somehow factored in heat (not really sure how it would, but I'd be in heaven if it did), but as it stands I already had to stop using them on my characters because I couldn't play the game anymore aside from just walking around trying not to cum in public, so please don't do that to me. :negativeman: (JK, I'd forever love anyone who did that.)

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
Or anal heat

DikGurlLuvr69

Aug 19, 2017
First thing first, I don't want people to be able to have both perks, that would be too strong regardless of what they do. However, they can still access content that needs high scores for both while keeping one of the perks. Basically, having one perk will not lock you away from the other.

Fair enough, what i'm more interested in than the perks, which I could give or take, is finding a way to lock in both at high, so I don't have to "upkeep" the one I don't have the perk for. Maybe instead of having the off button you don't want, there could be a LOCK IN button at 90% that gets rid of the decay? Alternatively, a third perk that replaces whichever one you maxed out first that only gives you the sadism benefit, and only gives the drawback for masochism? Or vice versa?

Second, although your proposed change makes sense, masochism would feel like a debuff. I also imagine fen would probably have the effects of the perk more flavor based than provide strong benefits. Also, I'd rather the effect be consistent than involve chance. Also, also, it is not that masochists are damage resistant, damage is just less effective because they enjoy it.

And finally shield damage already does not count, I'll make that clearer in the doc.

They were just examples I came up with off the top of my head, I never thought they'd be perfect as written. The thing is though, the entire combat system of the game involves chance. Increasing crit (or accuracy) for a sadist would have a tangible, noticeable effect, but not one as powerful as just a straight damage increase. And I do really think the benefit of gaining energy from damage taken better represents a masochistic fetish than damage being less effective.

It also potentially opens up an actual use for the wait command outside of a select few encounters. If you're low on energy and need a stun or grenades, you could opt to wait, and try to let the enemy damage you to recharge. But you run the risk of the enemy critting and defeating you outright, or succumbing to lust. It potentially gives you an option other than basic attack when you're low on energy, which I think could add a little bit of depth to the combat.

If you're married to the way it's presented in the doc, that's fine. I just thought, as long as you're adding new perks, they should maybe be a bit more flavorful than what seem to be essentially updated CoC perks. As for what Fen wants, that could go either way until he pops in here and says something. He might want to keep it simple so it's easy to code, but he also probably doesn't want sex-based perks being too powerful in combat.

I hate grinding too, but this is the best way to introduce the mechanic without having people accidentally interact with it. Like I mentioned above you will be able to access high score scenes for both of them simultaneously. For the self-spanking scene, you will be able to choose which variant you want, if you are eligible.

The numbers might change based on how many scenes I end up finding. What you are proposing is an off button, a more selective one sure, but an off button nonetheless. I have an idea for a separate way to reduce the scores and keep them in check, but I'll get to that when I'm done with this.

If it gives you any solace, this will be less grindy than exhibitionism. The gains won't get quartered unless you have one of the perks and 'mild' scenes will always contribute.

Thanks for these! I add scenes as I go through the game. I just haven't had the chance to interact with Mirrin yet.

Yeah, I wasn't too keen on the prompt idea I posted last night either, but it was late and the best thing I could come up with at the time. And that does give me some solace, thanks. I really want to enjoy this content, which is why I'm hoping, even if you don't use or even like my ideas, that they'll at least inspire you in some way to make this project the best it can be.

AHornyPanda

Apr 5, 2017
Canada
You're welcome! I hope you liked it. I think we're doing much the same thing: .satisfying people by plugging holes filling in gaps in the game's content. The hardlight panties are still one of my absolute favorite things in the game, especially the low exhibitionism version of the public orgasm scene! :yes:

I think the only way it could be better is if it somehow factored in heat (not really sure how it would, but I'd be in heaven if it did), but as it stands I already had to stop using them on my characters because I couldn't play the game anymore aside from just walking around trying not to cum in public, so please don't do that to me. :negativeman: (JK, I'd forever love anyone who did that.)
I didn't just like him, I absolutely loved him. He's so cool (and flaming hot)!
Also, I feel so good about myself now. :smuggo:

P.S. I have a plan for Steele's being in public while in heat, sadly this does not involve the hardlight thongs.

Fair enough, what i'm more interested in than the perks, which I could give or take, is finding a way to lock in both at high, so I don't have to "upkeep" the one I don't have the perk for. Maybe instead of having the off button you don't want, there could be a LOCK IN button at 90% that gets rid of the decay? Alternatively, a third perk that replaces whichever one you maxed out first that only gives you the sadism benefit, and only gives the drawback for masochism? Or vice versa?

They were just examples I came up with off the top of my head, I never thought they'd be perfect as written. The thing is though, the entire combat system of the game involves chance. Increasing crit (or accuracy) for a sadist would have a tangible, noticeable effect, but not one as powerful as just a straight damage increase. And I do really think the benefit of gaining energy from damage taken better represents a masochistic fetish than damage being less effective.

It also potentially opens up an actual use for the wait command outside of a select few encounters. If you're low on energy and need a stun or grenades, you could opt to wait, and try to let the enemy damage you to recharge. But you run the risk of the enemy critting and defeating you outright, or succumbing to lust. It potentially gives you an option other than basic attack when you're low on energy, which I think could add a little bit of depth to the combat.

If you're married to the way it's presented in the doc, that's fine. I just thought, as long as you're adding new perks, they should maybe be a bit more flavorful than what seem to be essentially updated CoC perks. As for what Fen wants, that could go either way until he pops in here and says something. He might want to keep it simple so it's easy to code, but he also probably doesn't want sex-based perks being too powerful in combat.

Yeah, I wasn't too keen on the prompt idea I posted last night either, but it was late and the best thing I could come up with at the time. And that does give me some solace, thanks. I really want to enjoy this content, which is why I'm hoping, even if you don't use or even like my ideas, that they'll at least inspire you in some way to make this project the best it can be.
I am happy with the way the perks currently are. Sadists get so turned on by inflicting pain, that they put a little more force behind their attacks, and masochists get so turned on by receiving pain, that it has less of an impact on them. So, I don't feel like changing that function.

As for upkeeping one score while having the other perk, all it takes is triggering one scene per day. Btw, the 'high' score is anything above 66. I imagine scenes that require high sadism for example won't check for anything higher than that.

I think we have slightly different visions on how the perks should work, but ultimately the whole point of introducing this mechanic is the potential scenes and interactions it will unlock, and I think we'll both enjoy that. :D