[On Hiatus For The Time Being] Laethyr: The Cosmic Coincidence

Miakoda

Nov 4, 2017
Somewhere Somehow
forum.fenoxo.com
After playing Trials in Tainted Space for about a week or so, I found myself honestly loving this simple, yet complex game. As such, as I do with most things I enjoy, I started to think of things that I could do, stories I could tell, within the game's universe. However, unlike most other things I like, I can actually submit my ideas here. So, naturally, that's exactly what I intend to do.

Now, before I go any further, allow me to disclaim a little something: Although I do have some experience writing large scale projects, none of them have been in the format that Trials in Tainted Space asks. On top of that, I have virtually no experience writing erotica, so we'll see how that goes.

So over the past few days, as I've been playing TiTS, I found myself fostering an idea. This idea quickly grew as I began to indulge in it, eventually driving me to begin writing everything down. I will admit that I drew a good amount of inspiration from @Lkynmbr24's character Fisianna and her interactions; she's an amazing and well-fleshed out character after all. Further, I also drew inspiration and guidance from Mirrin, whom I believe was created by @SoAndSo (please correct me if this is not the case). That said, the characters presented in this project of mine are all of my own creation, as is the story surrounding them.

So then, without further ado, I would like to present: Laethyr: The Cosmic Coincidence.

Laethyr is a character who suffers from a severe case of PTS, but tries to keep this a secret from everyone. The way I've tried to set things up so far (and plan to set things up) focuses on PC variables for evidence. Thus, as the player gets to know him, and you start to learn about him, you'll start to see cracks in the persona he tries to uphold if your stats are compatible. I've also tried to incorporate a system which I discovered in another doc I saw on the server (unfortunately I do not remember who wrote it or what it was for. My apologies). This system takes which Codex Entries the player reads as variables and triggers various bits of text depending on which entries you did/didn't read (If I'm not mistaken, the first encounter alone already has about 7 possible variations based on this principle).

When it comes to personality, Laethyr appears as a serious and dedicated musician. He often makes use of a larger-than-average vocabulary, and is quite clever and quick-witted. He's somewhat of an introvert, preferring the company of a few close friends than a crowded bar of sorts.
Laethyr himself will be pure male, and I have no plans to change that. As this character is in large a reflection of my own personal tastes, Laethyr will begin with a preference for vanilla sexual content, though this may change.

Similarly to Fisianna, I'd like to use a system based on trust. Different levels of trust will unlock new interactions, leading up to the story conclusion which will raise the trust level to max. Now, just a side note, Laethyr's content will lean heavily towards to the story and romance side of things. So if you're here for a quicky, I apologize in advance.

Any and all feedback is welcome. I am still getting used to the parser system and such, and may have missed certain things that could mess up the coherency. On top of that, I haven't been playing TiTS for all that long. As such, I would love the help of more experienced players when it comes to sticking to the set lore.

Ah, what the hell. Might as well add a changelog in case people want to revisit this thing.

11/11/17: Created the "Laethyr: The Cosmic Coincidence document". Began work on Codex Entry in a separate document.
12/11/17: Finished story summary in separate document.
13/11/17: Finished the Codex Entry. Finished the overview in the main document.
15/11/17: Finished initial meeting scene and all variations of said scene.
16/11/17: Finished Laethyr's various encounters, appearance and all variations to these.
17/11/17: Finished Laethyr's appearance scene. Finished three out of six talk options for Laethyr.
18/11/17: Finished Laethyr's fourth talk option and began work on the fifth. Polished some minor things.
19/11/17: Finished all of Laethyr's talk options and their variations. Did some additional polishing.
20/11/17: Finished Laethyr's first Hangout variation. (Admittedly, I may have gotten a bit carried away...)
23/11/17: Finished Laethyr's second Hangout variation.
25/11/17: Finished Laethyr's last Hangout Variation, and with that three out of six of his options. Date time next!
27/11/17: Finished Laethyr's Max Trust Scene, as well as the scene in which the PC accepts his feelings. Still had to write those before hopping over to dates.
29/11/17: Finished the first rejection scene.
30/11/17: Finished the final rejection scene. NOW it's date time!
02/12/17: Arranged all the dates and their requirements (for now). Began work on one of the dates. Polished some previous writing for the sake of consistency.
04/12/17: Finished one of Laethyr's final dates (because of personal preference).
06/12/17: Began work on he first date. Didn't finish it due to RL interference.
07/12/17: Finished one of Laethyr's dates.
15/12/17: Finished the first iteration of the "Steele's apartment" date.
16/12/17: Finished second iteration of the "Steele's apartment" date.
30/12/17: Finished my RL business. Got my internet back. Used the remaining time to begin work on the "Laethyr's apartment" date.
02/01/18: Expanded on the "Laethyr's Apartment" date. Added the option for the date to change based on first chosen preference (bookworm/pampered/etc.) and began work on the first variation.
04/01/18: Finished the first variation of the "Laethyr's Apartment" date. Added a little content summary.
07/01/18: Finished the "Laethyr's Apartment" date. Four done, three to go.
10/01/18: Entered my Limbo Space and revived the "Observation Deck" date. Also finished that date.
11/01/18: Finished the "Park Deck" date. One more left before Sexy Times commence!
22/01/18: Finished the intro to Laethyr's Fluff Menu ( ✧≖ ͜ʖ≖)
23/01/18: Expanded the Seventh Date variant. Still not done, but it's getting there.
03/02/18: Finished Laethyr's last date. Yes!
13/02/18: Finally began work on Laethyr's first Fluff scene
18/02/18: Got some more work done on Laethyr's "Pleasure Spots" Fluff scene. Progress is slow, but it's being made

Thank you for your time, and I hope my stories will be of interest to you (wow, I really dragged on for a good while...)

Last edited:

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
Though I dislike the "cheerful guy on the outside with a very dark and troubled past on the inside" stereotype with the strength of a thousand suns and I loathe sob stories in my smut, I am interested in my Steeles becoming acquainted with a mentally challenged, musician gryvain-ish male one can eventually have sex with.

Reactions: Zavos

valkyr42

Mar 4, 2016
It's Cold Here, Midwestern US
Reading well so far, only real nitpicks being some minor frustration with the kaithrit's name, (what do his friends call him, 'Arse'?) Will do a more complete pass tomorrow morning after I've slept. As for your lack of experience in writing erotica, have you done para-style erotic RP in the past? If not, dive in maybe, here or anywhere else. Also try to write something sexy that is unconnected to your ideas just to get a feel for it. I haven't written sharing-quality pure erotica myself yet but I have done para-style RP both erotic and not, and for me reading over and editing other people's docs is weirdly soothing

Miakoda

Nov 4, 2017
Somewhere Somehow
forum.fenoxo.com
Though I dislike the "cheerful guy on the outside with a very dark and troubled past on the inside" stereotype with the strength of a thousand suns and I loathe sob stories in my smut, I am interested in my Steeles becoming acquainted with a mentally challenged, musician gryvain-ish male one can eventually have sex with.
While I wouldn’t exactly call Laethyr’s past “dark and troubled”, I can see why you get that impression. If it helps, I could quickly type up a story summary in the document. On top of that, I only have a general outline of the story. Almost everything will still be subject to change.

Still, it’s nice to hear you’re interested.

Miakoda

Nov 4, 2017
Somewhere Somehow
forum.fenoxo.com
Reading well so far, only real nitpicks being some minor frustration with the kaithrit's name, (what do his friends call him, 'Arse'?)

Arsene’s name was actually inspired by the main character of a 20th century story series: “Arsene Lupin, The Gentleman Thief”.
When I was thinking of his name, I thought it’d be a good idea to give his name some symbolic meaning towards his history with Laethyr. Although, now I'll have to add arse in as a sillymode blurb.

I might try some preliminary writing before I begin the erotic scenes. Any recommendations in regards to that?

Last edited:

valkyr42

Mar 4, 2016
It's Cold Here, Midwestern US
Just sorta go with the flow, start thinkin somethin sexy and flesh it out, give it detail, refine image and phantom touch into words, if you need a prompt how bout a skirt-wearer riding someone's dick in their lap in the backroom of someplace, I'm not great at ideas right now bc Not Sober, good luck

Reactions: Miakoda

Miakoda

Nov 4, 2017
Somewhere Somehow
forum.fenoxo.com
Just sorta go with the flow, start thinkin somethin sexy and flesh it out, give it detail, refine image and phantom touch into words, if you need a prompt how bout a skirt-wearer riding someone's dick in their lap in the backroom of someplace, I'm not great at ideas right now bc Not Sober, good luck

Sounds like a backstage thing after a gig. Actually, that may be a nice idea for a (future) sex scene with Laethyr! Oooooh, I need to write this down somewhere! And thank you for giving me the idea.

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
Hmmm.... to read the doc, or to not read the doc?

On one hand, I'm super curious about this guy, and really wanna know more.

On the other hand, I'm terrified of ruining the experience for myself. I spoiled all of Undertale for myself and am always cautious of repeating a similar mistake.

Agh! Such a difficult decision!:negativeman:

Reactions: wallpaper

Miakoda

Nov 4, 2017
Somewhere Somehow
forum.fenoxo.com
Hmmm.... to read the doc, or to not read the doc?

On one hand, I'm super curious about this guy, and really wanna know more.

On the other hand, I'm terrified of ruining the experience for myself. I spoiled all of Undertale for myself and am always cautious of repeating a similar mistake.

Agh! Such a difficult decision!:negativeman:

That’s a bit of a difficult situation indeed, though I wouldn’t think of Laethyrs content as undertale levels of writing. As of right now, the climax of the story isn’t in the document yet, though there are definitely big spoilers regarding the ending

Miakoda

Nov 4, 2017
Somewhere Somehow
forum.fenoxo.com
I might start asking for editors once Laethyr's core content is done. If I do, I'll touch up the last Hangout variation before I begin working on Arsene's content. That way I can ensure that the editors will only have to focus on grammatical and spelling errors I made. Meanwhile, I would still like to ask people who are interested in reading my current progress to give me constructive feedback on the overall structure of the content, as well as it's coherence to the established TiTS lore.

Reactions: Zavos

ZeteZ

Nov 25, 2017
how long have you been working on this project. it seems like you've put a lot of time and effort into it.

Miakoda

Nov 4, 2017
Somewhere Somehow
forum.fenoxo.com
how long have you been working on this project. it seems like you've put a lot of time and effort into it.
If you look at the changelog which I placed at the bottom of my initial post, you'll see that I've been working on Laethyr's story for approximately two weeks as of the time I am writing this. I usually work in sessions that last 2 to 4 hours, so I'd say between 33 to 44 hours

ZeteZ

Nov 25, 2017
If you look at the changelog which I placed at the bottom of my initial post, you'll see that I've been working on Laethyr's story for approximately two weeks as of the time I am writing this. I usually work in sessions that last 2 to 4 hours, so I'd say between 33 to 44 hours

well i've got a long way to go. also thanks for editing my papper.

Miakoda

Nov 4, 2017
Somewhere Somehow
forum.fenoxo.com
well i've got a long way to go. also thanks for editing my papper.
No problem. (I mean no offense by this, but) it seems clear to me that you're not a native english speaker, so for you to undertake a task such as writing story for a custom character, a shop and quests is incredibly impressive.

Also, it's paper, not papper

ZeteZ

Nov 25, 2017
No problem. (I mean no offense by this, but) it seems clear to me that you're not a native english speaker, so for you to undertake a task such as writing story for a custom character, a shop and quests is incredibly impressive.

Also, it's paper, not papper

...... wow my writing is that bad. I need to find out how it went so wrong. also thank for the encouraging words my friend.

Last edited:

Miakoda

Nov 4, 2017
Somewhere Somehow
forum.fenoxo.com
Considering that at 54 pages I'm only half-way done with Laethyr, and I still have to do Arsene and Elze + the events, I think I might start asking for editors to help me correct the mistakes I've made so far. Of course I try to write as best I can, but I'm only human; I don't write perfect. And should you wish it, I shall give proper credit where it's due.

Reactions: wallpaper

Miakoda

Nov 4, 2017
Somewhere Somehow
forum.fenoxo.com
Alright, we're almost at the sexy times with Laethyr! I think I might write them before the music lessons, just so that I can have those on paper. I'll be honest, the idea that the moment I've been (largely) working towards makes me both nervous and excited. The fact that I have little experience writing smut doesn't help, but I'll try my best. If anyone is willing to give me some pointers, whether it be here or on the document, I thank you in advance.

Reactions: Zavos and valkyr42

Miakoda

Nov 4, 2017
Somewhere Somehow
forum.fenoxo.com
Allow me to quickly apologize for the lack of progress these past few days. I didn't have as much time to work on the project as I would have liked, so I decided to take a few days off in order to deal with some RL issues (one of which is that I unknowingly deleted my primary save file for Trials. I fucking hate myself). I don't know how consistent my schedule will be from here on out, but I'll at least try to write whenever I can. I do want to see this thing finished and submitted.

Last edited:

wallpaper

Nov 29, 2017
Keep picking away at it! That's a tonne of work poured in. Good focus.

Maybe break up the document into 'chapters' that you link from a table of contents if you're finding it's getting to be too large. I found that very helpful during November when my SO and I were writing nanowrimo stuff.

Miakoda

Nov 4, 2017
Somewhere Somehow
forum.fenoxo.com
So in this brief moment that I have an internet connection, I'll let you people know that I won't be able to make any progress on Laethyr's content until (at least) Saturday. We've been having some problems with the internet and connection has been on and off by the minute. Just know that I haven't abandoned the project.

On a side note, I was thinking about maybe giving Arsene and Elze their own content once I've finished Laethyr. However, this solely depends on if people enjoy their characters and would like to see more. Note that as of now they only make a short appearance, though I'm still planning to add more content for them regardless. So let me know if you'd be interested from what you've seen so far.

Last edited:

Miakoda

Nov 4, 2017
Somewhere Somehow
forum.fenoxo.com
Keep picking away at it! That's a tonne of work poured in. Good focus.

Maybe break up the document into 'chapters' that you link from a table of contents if you're finding it's getting to be too large. I found that very helpful during November when my SO and I were writing nanowrimo stuff.
Now that I can finally begin to shift focus back to Laethyr and his crazy adventures, would you mind elaborating on this suggestion of yours? I have the TOC in the document (thanks to one "Geeky One"), but I am afraid I don't fully comprehend what you imply with the idea of Chapters...

Miakoda

Nov 4, 2017
Somewhere Somehow
forum.fenoxo.com
Someone slap me in the face please.

Why did it take me three months to notice that I didn't put up the Cardaeth Codex Entry here?! What is wrong with me?!

Here it is: The Cardaeth Codex Entry

Miakoda

Nov 4, 2017
Somewhere Somehow
forum.fenoxo.com
Alright, so the last date I have planned for Laethyr involves me writing lyrics, and considering that might take a good while, don't be surprised if I begin work on Laethyr's sexual scenes before actually finishing that date. However, considering that Trials in Tainted Space is a fluff game, I doubt there are many who would call me out on this.

Of course, I could very well be done with the date before ever touching the sex scenes if everything goes smoothly

Last edited:

Miakoda

Nov 4, 2017
Somewhere Somehow
forum.fenoxo.com
I think I might begin to simplify my writing a bit. Progress is slow, largely due to how certain I want to be when it comes to possible plotholes. Because of this, I tend to fill out every possibility of there being a change in the writing because of a previous encounter. That, and previous submissions have had grammar that was more laid-back, which kinda gives me more leeway into what words I use.

Miakoda

Nov 4, 2017
Somewhere Somehow
forum.fenoxo.com
Alright, so allow me to shed some light on recent events.

As you may have noticed, there's been an abnormally long break between my writing blocks. Usually I take a day/few days off in order to get ideas, or just to take a break from writing. But recently, this problem has become too much for me.
In the beginning, I had all the ideas in the world for Laethyr, and I was giddy to get them on paper. It wasn't difficult for me to maintain an (almost) daily schedule for writing. Later on, I began to tone it down a bit just to give myself some space to come up with the right ideas, and to keep myself from burning out. But now, writing for Laethyr has almost begun to feel like a chore. That's not to say I don't enjoy writing for him, but it's getting more and more difficult. That's why I've decided to take a good, long break from writing. I might make some small changes, or actually write a bit in the coming days, but it'll be nothing scheduled or routine.
To add to that, I've been having problems with my other hobby/love, music production. Two major things happened in this aspect that have really sapped at my overall mood: firstly, a project I had begun working on on Sunday failed to save. Though I hadn't done much work, what I had done I was extremely proud of, and I don't think I could recreate it if I tried. Naturally, this pissed me off a bit, but it was nothing too serious. But that's when the big one hit. A project that I had been passionately working on for 80+ hours, suddenly got deleted. God knows how it happened, but it's gone. All my hard work and devotion just vanished. While I do have audio clips to help me remake the thing, it's going to be difficult and will likely consume a lot of my time.

Despite all of these setbacks, however, I am still determined to get Laethyr in the game. I don't know how long this break from writing will be, but I will see Laethyr into the game. I'll still be somewhat active on the forums here, as I love to read other people's stuff, but for now, Laethyr's been put on hold...

God Speed to you lot.

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
Alright, so allow me to shed some light on recent events.

As you may have noticed, there's been an abnormally long break between my writing blocks. Usually I take a day/few days off in order to get ideas, or just to take a break from writing. But recently, this problem has become too much for me.
In the beginning, I had all the ideas in the world for Laethyr, and I was giddy to get them on paper. It wasn't difficult for me to maintain an (almost) daily schedule for writing. Later on, I began to tone it down a bit just to give myself some space to come up with the right ideas, and to keep myself from burning out. But now, writing for Laethyr has almost begun to feel like a chore. That's not to say I don't enjoy writing for him, but it's getting more and more difficult. That's why I've decided to take a good, long break from writing. I might make some small changes, or actually write a bit in the coming days, but it'll be nothing scheduled or routine.
To add to that, I've been having problems with my other hobby/love, music production. Two major things happened in this aspect that have really sapped at my overall mood: firstly, a project I had begun working on on Sunday failed to save. Though I hadn't done much work, what I had done I was extremely proud of, and I don't think I could recreate it if I tried. Naturally, this pissed me off a bit, but it was nothing too serious. But that's when the big one hit. A project that I had been passionately working on for 80+ hours, suddenly got deleted. God knows how it happened, but it's gone. All my hard work and devotion just vanished. While I do have audio clips to help me remake the thing, it's going to be difficult and will likely consume a lot of my time.

Despite all of these setbacks, however, I am still determined to get Laethyr in the game. I don't know how long this break from writing will be, but I will see Laethyr into the game. I'll still be somewhat active on the forums here, as I love to read other people's stuff, but for now, Laethyr's been put on hold...

God Speed to you lot.
See you, space cowboy.