[WiP Idea] Mjerin, the Qilin-morph!/mythological dragon horse thing!

GOOD IDEA???

• Yes! Keep going!

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • No! For the sake of humanity!

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Who the hell even is this guy srsly hes not funny

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters

SoAndSo

Scientist
Creator
Mar 26, 2017
So you're like, who the hell is this guy, and I ask myself the same question all the time.

But here's an idea that's been brewing around for a while based off of a lot of things, mostly playing the actual TiTS game and some other junk.

Mjerin! (pronounced like Me-yur-ren with a rolled R)

Basic scene ideas

The ultra-buff Qilin (Kirin or even Girin depending on the source) who typifies every power fantasy ever conceived. Not sure where to start, really. The idea is that she is (or was, depending on view) a half human-half gryvain who, while living on Earth, got super obsessed with East Asian literature (not animu) and well... basically gene-modded herself to crazy levels.

She starts off on pretty business-y terms with the PC, starting with a confused encounter over personal training, eventually developing a friendly relationship then something more intimate (and fetishy). I want to build it up kind of 'naturally' or as naturally as one can get with text. As such, scenes tend to have a lot of variables based on PC personality, class and physical appearance.

Speaking of fetishy, there's a few fetishes that I think are unique to her that aren't in the game (AFAIK, I haven't gone through every interaction) that are mostly to do with kinds of body worship, play-fighting, power play exchange and meditative stuff. Did I tell ya she's yuge and into fitness? (fitness D IN YO ASS *ahem*)

Problems:

I'm not a good writer! (I think!) Some things might not compute well from brain images to words. I gotta be peelin' them eyes. Would appreciate more eyes from other people.

I'm following an awful lot of the templates/character submissions on this site for guidelines and rules but I'll probably mess up somewhere on the formatting side and the parser side as I think it might get quite complex with what I have in mind. Eventually, I'll need even more eyes.

Play-fighting is play-fighting! But bloodless, like not even on the level of sparring really. But then again, I've read that Fenoxo don't like dem 'violent scenes' so I'm not sure where the line is for this particular idea. Clarity and yet more eyes would be appreciated.

I don't know if writing dialogue for the PC is the way to go. I've done it in the current scenes for disconnects sake otherwise I'd go crazy just looking at the thing but I don't want to really start overlaying what I think over what an actual player thinks... not super sure on what to do here, whether to keep going or do it in a more 'You humbly suggest she should so and so herself with a spoon'. That sort of thing.

I'm concerned that my idea might be ambitious with how 'inclusive' this character would be. Currently, she doesn't seem to have a gender preference or many sexual preferences at all aside 'PC being smaller' and 'PC being weaker'. Not strictly 'dom' but she definitely prefers being in control AND YET there is also a power exchange scene that ties into the play-fighting idea. As I build up her interactions, this may all sort itself out but for now it's a big 'what if'.

With all that out the way, tell me what ya think and if I should keep bothering, have a cup of tea, hyperintensive caffiene drip, etc

Last edited:
Reactions: Lord Lodestar

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
So, Gryvain Taur? Why not just make her a dragon taur like Jerynn?

In any case I am a-okay with dese fetishes,

Reactions: SoAndSo

SoAndSo

Scientist
Creator
Mar 26, 2017
So, Gryvain Taur? Why not just make her a dragon taur like Jerynn?

In any case I am a-okay with dese fetishes,

I had her as bi-pedal in mind. The Qilin idea is more of a visual, essential basis than a physical one. Think more along the lines of... qunari from Dragon Age, I guess. Didn't really have those in mind but it's as good a reference point as any. Cheers for the reply.

Edit: Also, having interacted with Jerynn before, I don't really like that character much. Too aggressive, I'm aiming for something more consensual/surprising.

Last edited:

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
To be honest I have no idea what Jerynn looks like.

Please pay for bust.

Last edited:

SoAndSo

Scientist
Creator
Mar 26, 2017
To be honest I have no idea what Jerynn looks like.

maxresdefault.jpg

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Nah not nobody knows just the poor ones that can't buy bust not know. Heh overeal idea for not muzzled dragon that made Savin been summoned. That a worthy cause to support. Thus you got my support in making it happen ^^

Reactions: SoAndSo

SoAndSo

Scientist
Creator
Mar 26, 2017
Wow, dis thread blew up.

Alright, I got a chunk a time to do nothing in so I'll be cracking on with this. Won't move it to the other thingy presentation part of the forum yet because I haven't got the basics down.

Feel free to throw in suggestions, critiques, anything else. Even concept art drawn in stick figure form.

I mean, it won't be useful but it'll make me laugh.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
You should have posted the better one.

@Gedan: Fuck, why do I like this so much. gib moar

EDIT: Heh, snouts are silly.

Gedan

BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Shou did some draws of her (on my dime) before I'd really settled on the specifics of her appearance- pretty much "here is a rough reference, she's an icedragon or something, also strap somebody up under there, your choice."

Between then and actually finishing the writing, her design solidified more in my head. JayEcho is doing another version of her that better matches (although I think it was more a case of Jay started the sketch and some of the specific details got worked into the writing), but he's busy af right now and it's not finished yet. Soon™.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Arghh is it Jerynn thread all of sudden? o_O I thiugh we were talking about Quilin.

SoAndSo

Scientist
Creator
Mar 26, 2017
I have been misled and thought all this attention was for meeeee.

Nah, just kiddin'.

I've been pumping it some (subjectively) good stuff since I started, what does everyone think so far?

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
I think *put on Shia wig* JUST DO IT! *takes of wig*

Not let your dream pass by. Grab it and milk till dry. Or jsut dry your wallet to other make this dream come trueeee.

But yes this was all attention toward you...indirectly with using Jerynn as medium to channel our inner love for Quilins.

Also I still think it would be cool to meet space quilin.

Gedan

BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Arghh is it Jerynn thread all of sudden? o_O I thiugh we were talking about Quilin.

I don't actually pay attention to what thread I'm posting in. If somebody highlights me and asks something I'll just reply, idgaf ain't nobody gonna stop me FUCK DA POLICE

Gedan

BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Code:
if (pActiveThreads->ShitpostingLimit <= UINT_MAX) // TODO: FIXME: Wire to user properties!!
{ 
   pActiveThreads->Each([](auto thread)->uint {
      return thread->Shitpost(rand() % 100 + 1);
   });
}

Reactions: NotYouNorI

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Code:
if ($user_id == 1) return;
else Post();

Don't actually have a copy of XF on me at the moment or else I would have put more effort into this shitpost.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Ahh easy ther Gedan...I not been unhappy just...mild confused how Jerynn hijacked whole thread lol.