[WIP] Fishing Project

Discussion in 'Event Submissions' started by Spanglehorn, Jan 10, 2018.

?

Is this a good idea?

Poll closed Jan 12, 2018.
  1. Yes

18 vote(s)
    90.0%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. Spanglehorn

Spanglehorn New Member

Here you'll find my (Work in Progress) proposed ideas to add fishing to the game. This is my first time writing for the game, so it might be rather bad. Feedback and ideas are welcome and encouraged, also please do tell me if I'm doing anything wrong.

Base Content
    The NPCs - Currently 4 Planned NPCs (Mhen'ga, New Texas, Myrellion, Uveto)
    The Fish - Includes details about how the fishing will actually work
    The Rods and Bait

Planned Content / Future Expansions
    Obviously these will only be worked on, if the base content gets into the game.
    Fish Tanks - Includes unlockable/buyable fish tanks (up to 3 per ship) to place fish in and train.
    Save Sylviana's Sister - Gather info about slavers, find slaver, point you in the direction of the Black Void/Carver. Either rescue her sister, or hand Sylviana over to the slavers.
    Help Ol' Willy - Find someone who can help with Willy's memory (if bigger ships are in then - recruit him to work on the thrust systems of your ship).
    Fishable NPC - Fish up a Mermaid-esque NPC
    Start an Intergalactic Fishing Club - Once you've met 3? fishers and sold them a fish from another planet.
    Fish Fight - Enter a fish battling tournament (like dog fights) with your fellow club members. Unlocks battles against singular opponents.

Version History
    07/01/18 - 14/01/18 - Project Started. Started and finished Mhen'ga and Tarkus (including the fish, bait, rods and NPC). Added all the planned fish for all current worlds. Started Lil' Ol' Willy - the New Texas NPC.
    14/01/18 - 21/01/18 - Finished New Texas. Started and finished Myrellion.

As above, please feel free to leave any ideas, critiques and suggestions below. Hope you enjoy!

#1 Spanglehorn, Jan 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2018 at 11:56 AM
    Strijoca, Number13 and Reptillicus like this.
  2. SoAndSo

SoAndSo Well-Known Member
    Creator

Of all the choices and possibilities to be had and explored in the unknowable sci-fi future and you want to add in... a final fantasy busywork-quest. :confused:

3. TFMaster

TFMaster Well-Known Member

Wait, is fish fighting even a thing?! :eek:

4. Xeivous

Xeivous Well-Known Member

You say that like there's ever a game, at least one that is worth playing, that can't be improved with some form of fishing.

Freed85 likes this.
  5. Ethereal Dragon

Ethereal Dragon Well-Known Member

W-Wut the... of all the things to add to a smut game... o_O I have not the words to describe what I think of this.

6. Evil

Evil Well-Known Member

Fixed that for you.

7. Xeivous

Xeivous Well-Known Member

There's already fishing gear in the game. So why not?
    It was fine before. Though I will admit that you're not wrong.

8. XBoxMaster131

XBoxMaster131 Well-Known Member

Maybe there could be a second rod on Uveto, a throwing spear or a harpoon gun. Just to complete the spectrum of fishing implements.

Well actually, to do that you would also have to add redneck fishing -- straight up using guns and explosives -- but thats a bit over the top.

9. Ethereal Dragon

Ethereal Dragon Well-Known Member

In this game I'm assuming we're all carrying around a third type of fishing rod :smuggo: with some it doubles as a third leg.

10. XBoxMaster131

"They call me 'Tripod' !"

11. Nnxx

Nnxx Well-Known Member

Incoming "But can we fuck the fishes?" in 3....2....1....

Anyway, I don't really mind, especially if it can get you some moneyzzz in the early game + sexy time with the characters you meet, I don't see why the fuck not.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #11 Nnxx, Jan 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
    phrenetik likes this.
  12. BitchBroken

BitchBroken Well-Known Member

For real though, in a game like this it would make much more sense if you fished for big booty mermaids and sirens than sports fishing for actual fish.

13. phrenetik

phrenetik Member

a planet like manan in kotor l
    or quote shepard its a stupid gellyfish
    [​IMG]

14. null_blank

null_blank Well-Known Member

I found the addition of golf to GTA5 to be a really fun mini-game. So why not fishing in TiTs?

This is my fetish.

valkyr42 likes this.
  15. Spanglehorn

Spanglehorn New Member

I did think about throwing a 'I'll now proceed to pleasure myself with this fish" joke in there, but I'm fairly sure, and correct me if I'm wrong here, fish are animals. Fucking animals = Bestiality. Bestiality is on the black list. So I don't think that's gonna happen (sorry people who want to sex the fish, you sick fucks).

Ye, I might throw in something like this, but seeing as Fen said he's going to "slide into the next story zone" sometime soon, I kinda need to make sure it's not a water based world, 'cause if it is, I don't want to get the lore wrong for any fishy aliens, or have a very similar alien on an older world where it wouldn't make sense. - UPDATE - I was scrolling through older threads and found the idea of the next world and it ain't water, so that's a relief.

#15 Spanglehorn, Jan 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
    BitchBroken likes this.
  16. Nnxx

Nnxx Well-Known Member

I mean, you could make it so Steele accidentaly fishes a Spadarat (y'know, Yammi's race) which happened to swim peacefully. Technically, it'd still be a fish, just not the same kind of fish :catte:

Actually, that would be funny

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Lkynmbr24 and BitchBroken like this.
  17. Evil

Evil Well-Known Member

Yammi: "Hi mom!"

18. BitchBroken

BitchBroken Well-Known Member

Interested to see how this develops. Surely you're not going easy on yourself planning for 4 characters right off the bat. More power to you if you pull it off though.

19. Miakoda

Miakoda Well-Known Member

I love how this thread went from "Fishing in a smut game? Seriously?" to "Oooh, this could be cool! Yeah, do that thing!" Just goes to show how a little community input can change everything.

Well, I'm not stopping you from writing fishing content. Let's see what you've got.

20. Number13

Number13 Well-Known Member

I would like to see a Fishing Mini-game. Maybe one can also get junk when they are fishing, like an old boot in New Texas.

And with the fish Steele catches, he might come up with New Recipes.

21. XBoxMaster131

... Is that a Final Fantasy 16 reference or a Breath of the Wild reference?

22. Strijoca

Strijoca Well-Known Member

I like that 50% (to 75% with the futa-cow?) of your npcs will have lactation content based on their individual races. (Golds rules!)
    Will this include the korgonne fisher? (What is it's sex anyway?)
    If yes, than go full steam ahead with your nice looking project. (25% more steam actually.)

Will there be some vanilla sex for these characters.

In the end, I could go for some text based fishing if this new game mechanic is well done.

#22 Strijoca, Jan 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  23. Spanglehorn

Spanglehorn New Member

Futa-cow is a maybe, may be axed in favour of another idea. Korgonne fisher I haven't decided on yet, so again, maybe. Vanilla = Best Flavour.
    I'm trying my hardest to make this content the best it can be, I only hope I can meet everyone's expectations.

24. Nnxx

Nnxx Well-Known Member

Bad idea. Spoilers : You won't.

Focus on writing about what YOU like, it will often come out better than if you try to please everyone because that is just not possible.

25. Strijoca

Strijoca Well-Known Member

And if your writing fuel are mainly centred around the lactation and vanilla fetishes, you should focus on these before anything else.

Additional character stuff should be focused in x-packs if you have finished the basic content of your characters.

We don't want you to burn out before all the basic stuff is written.

Spanglehorn and XBoxMaster131 like this.
  26. balitz Method

balitz Method Well-Known Member

It's not a real RPG unless you can fish.

Spanglehorn likes this.
  27. balitz Method

balitz Method Well-Known Member

Sheesh, talk about not getting it.

Spanglehorn likes this.
  28. Number13

Number13 Well-Known Member

Final Fantasy 15.

XBoxMaster131 likes this.