[WIP] Early development on New Race.

runingman69

Nov 24, 2018
canuck land.
So for a race decent everything seems to be good for the format I did a quick look over. Now for the actual species design: The suit part and three fingered toes remind me of mass effect alot even if the species wear them for different reasons. For the long neck how long are there necks? For long necks I think of like super long like 2x bigger then a humans. So for getting a new species in the game they are most commonly introduced through a new npc. Overall decent start.

SoAndSo

Scientist
Creator
Mar 26, 2017
It's the main requirement, yeah. The NPC itself also has to be well written and with enough content unique to itself to generally be good enough. A solid 20k project is a nice goal to aim for.

Then again, if you just want to write something like a Sparadat, skip the new race idea entirely and just write another Sparadat NPC.

On design tips: stop making it overtly 'like something else'. It might cool to have a slightly modified ST-race/quarian hybrid in theory but when conceptualised into an original IP like TiTS, it's going to need more originality. The more inscrutable your inspiration, the more you give yourself to work with and the more your idea becomes your own, etc etc. Being creative is a combined process and mish-mashing two well established things from other franchises together won't cut it.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Some design suggestions:
- Maybe lose the hair. The whole species doesn't have to be bald, but a different style would stand out, a sideshave perhaps if you want some hairstyle.
- Ear shape, perhaps round them off and reverse their direction
- Alter the shape of the head. It doesn't have to be radically different, just different enough to make you realise that this is someone who isn't human.
- Exaggerate other body parts. Even with a long neck, she still looks quite humanish. For example (so I don't mean you automatically do this), look at the Skrulls in the Marvel universe, besides their green skin, what really sets them apart and stand out as aliens is their chin.