[WIP] Damon, Ausar Janitor on Tarkus

KGreed

Dec 11, 2017
Damon: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iD_Quf45UgLsjiIk0l8FcUNAprVNBCdfKM5k-FXMu10/edit?usp=sharing

Well, here it is. Or, what's been done so far. This is something I've been considering doing, but haven't been 100% sure I should do. I'll be honest, the numerous "too many ausar" comments have deterred me for a while.
That, unfortunately, hasn't stopped me though. So, yup. Here's WIP ausar husbando #1063!
I kinda let irl responsibilities drag me away from it for a little bit, but I'm resuming working on it as of today. For now, though, here's what I have so far. It's not hundreds of pages long, and the formatting is... less than perfect, but I'm copying HugsAlright's formatting style trying my best to clean it up here and there, make it a little easier on the eyes.

Reactions: Freed85 and Zavos

Lashcharge

Aug 27, 2015
Well I can point a few flaws:
  • The pages are grey(first time seeing that.)
  • You use "Title" as "Heading 1".
  • The table of content is in the middle of the gdoc.
  • I don't think you're using the correct word format.
  • The section under "//Normal Encounter" is problematic as it doesn't define what a female/male constitutes in his view or deal with the fact that a player can change that.
The rest seems okay for a start and it's alway good to have a new husbando.

KGreed

Dec 11, 2017
The pages are grey(first time seeing that.)
Yeah, I previously had them a different colour before, after adjusting it to be a little easier on the eyes (writing at midnight is kinda hard when the page blinds you.) Then I accidentally hit the box to the left of white, instead of actual white. Whoops. Switched it back, though.
You use "Title" as "Heading 1".
That was more of a personal decision, wanting to have all of the different types of encounters under big categories. I did change them to Heading 1, though.
The table of content is in the middle of the gdoc.
Oh, shit. Whoops.
I don't think you're using the correct word format.
I've been basing all of the formatting shit (parsers, the layout, shit like that) off of some of HugsAlright's docs, but I probably do have some mistakes here and there. I will look through it, though, and fix any errors that I find. Thanks!
The section under "//Normal Encounter" is problematic as it doesn't define what a female/male constitutes in his view or deal with the fact that a player can change that.
I do plan on having a relationship option with him, so I wanted to have a little variety between how he reacts to a male approaching him vs. a female approaching him, since he's heterosexual. Sorta like if a really cute girl walks up to you and strikes up a random conversation, as opposed to a guy walking up to you to talk to you. Assuming you're straight, that is. But other than that, what do you mean that a player can change that? I assume you mean going from female to male using transformatives, but there are few (if any) scenes for NPC's where the NPC acknowledges any kind of transformations anyway.
The rest seems okay for a start and it's alway good to have a new husbando.
Thank you! I know it's a really fucked up first project for the game, and is still in its early stages, but I'm glad it's at least somewhat passable.
Also, damn right it is. Good husbandos are a necessity.

Lashcharge

Aug 27, 2015
That was more of a personal decision, wanting to have all of the different types of encounters under big categories. I did change them to Heading 1, though.

I've been basing all of the formatting shit (parsers, the layout, shit like that) off of some of HugsAlright's docs, but I probably do have some mistakes here and there. I will look through it, though, and fix any errors that I find. Thanks!

I do plan on having a relationship option with him, so I wanted to have a little variety between how he reacts to a male approaching him vs. a female approaching him, since he's heterosexual. Sorta like if a really cute girl walks up to you and strikes up a random conversation, as opposed to a guy walking up to you to talk to you. Assuming you're straight, that is. But other than that, what do you mean that a player can change that? I assume you mean going from female to male using transformatives, but there are few (if any) scenes for NPC's where the NPC acknowledges any kind of transformations anyway.

Thank you! I know it's a really fucked up first project for the game, and is still in its early stages, but I'm glad it's at least somewhat passable.
Also, damn right it is. Good husbandos are a necessity.

You can change how heading 1 is formatted by standard, but you can't change it how it appears in the table of contents(as far as I know).

I think the letters are bigger than the standard.

You still need to define what you meant by "female". You have to remember there's a setting for genitals and an entirely separate masculinity/femininity score. Saying Female could just as well include Cuntboys or Dickgirls, depending on how you look at it. Then there's androgynous, herms and neutered characters, which would likely get an error when talking to him because of how you defined it.

It's usually good to acknowledge such changes in a relationship where such change might kick back the player to level zero of a relationship, rather than him acting like your relationship suddenly doesn't exist.