[WIP] Cheer

TheShepard256

Considering how this would interact with other combat mechanics:
  • As far as I can tell, bimbo playstyles lean more towards low Willpower. If such a low Willpower is used for the bonus, it won't be much.
  • On the other hand, if Bimbo Intelligence is used, the bonus Willpower could be significant enough to cover the low Willpower most bimbo Steeles have (as bimbo playstyles also tend towards low Intelligence and high Libido, and thus high Bimbo Intelligence).
  • Regardless, this would be detrimental to a playstyle relying upon the Sexy Thinking perk, as high Willpower lowers the bonus tease damage granted by that perk.
  • Of course, if Steele has high Willpower, they can boost it even further (especially if they're a Mercenary with high Physique and the Iron Will perk), though the effectiveness of that further boost will most likely be small due to already having a high enough Willpower to resist pretty much all Willpower-based resistible attacks in the first place.
  • This also feels like something that could be directed towards allies in the few battles that feature them, though selecting both an enemy and an ally for the same attack might not be easily doable code-wise. Instead, if you're now going to make ally buffing a thing, perhaps it should grant all allies bonus Willpower.
  • If Bimbo Siegwulfe assists, maybe it could deal bonus damage and/or grant a greater Willpower boost?
Disclaimer: I have never actually played as a bimbo, so some or all of the above may contain inaccuracies.
I don't think it should grant exhibitionist points, as most existing tease attacks also expose Steele's body parts and don't make [pc.himHer] more exhibitionistic when used.
'Cheer' is definitely a more appropriate name than 'Chant'.
With the final blurb, there's no reason you couldn't simply include all of them and select one at random each time it plays.
Suggestions for other unlock conditions*: nice, possibly also mischievous personality**? High exhibitionism? High Libido? Sufficient tease attack experience?
*You don't have to take any of these if you don't want to. I'd just like to see my Steele use this to raise her Willpower from 40 to 44-48 despite not being a bimbo.
**Because I can't see asshole Steeles cheerleading unless they're also a bimbo.

Overall, it's an interesting idea, and I like it.

Reactions: Hanzo

Hanzo

Oct 10, 2015
@TheShepard256

• I completely forgot about the Sexy Thinking perk. What's worse is that the sexiness bonus from it can be negative. Using bimbointelligence is a big problem. Willpower isn't, because we're boosting maximum willpower too by the same % and Sexy Thinking uses percentages for calculations. However, this would make bimbos really bad at cheering and that absolutely cannot be. I have to think something.
  • It won't be restricted to bimbos only, it's just that I haven't thought on the requirements for non-bimbo Steele.
  • The party buff is something I've considered, but there are so few fights with mutiple party members that it sits at the bottom of my priority list.
  • I don't want to make cheer better with bimbo Siegwulfe. Maybe match the best damage possible if Steele teams up with her, but not more.

Last edited: