will you ever make a game as open ended as COC 1 again?

Azrael9986

Jun 13, 2018
as in with very few restrictions on our character and where we go or are all further games going to be TITS style with classes and set tiles with unlock requirements?

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
as in with very few restrictions on our character and where we go or are all further games going to be TITS style with classes and set tiles with unlock requirements?

Right now we're making CoC2. I'll think about whatever other games I'd like to make in like 2022.

Miakoda

Nov 4, 2017
Somewhere Somehow
forum.fenoxo.com
So then, me having never taken the time to play CoC 1, what's so different between its gameplay and that of TiTS and CoC 2? I mean, other than the class choice in the beginning of the game, TiTS offers a very open character customization system, so I fail to see how CoC 1 could have been that much different.

Balaknightfang

Resident Coke Addict
Aug 5, 2018
COC1 completely lacked any form of classes. You could very much fall into a class by simple nature of how you built, but in reality, it was more freeform.

lightningshifter

Aug 27, 2015
You need to give them time to craft a working class and combat system. In many regards it was difficult to mod the original game's combat because it was designed in a much simpler manner. Namely it followed the style of really old school rpgs like the original Final Fantasy minus actually having classes. Just sampling the intro here convinced me that it will still possess some of that free form, however it will only go so far as within the bounds of your classes. If they do what I suspect that they're doing then you might be able to switch equipped classes down the road. That would be a gameplay style utilized in games such as Final Fantasy Tactics. But for right now I can see that the current gameplay is really just a sampler to showcase what it will have to offer later on.

NotYouNorI

Aug 26, 2015
You need to give them time to craft a working class and combat system. In many regards it was difficult to mod the original game's combat because it was designed in a much simpler manner. Namely it followed the style of really old school rpgs like the original Final Fantasy minus actually having classes. Just sampling the intro here convinced me that it will still possess some of that free form, however it will only go so far as within the bounds of your classes. If they do what I suspect that they're doing then you might be able to switch equipped classes down the road. That would be a gameplay style utilized in games such as Final Fantasy Tactics. But for right now I can see that the current gameplay is really just a sampler to showcase what it will have to offer later on.
Not only that but we'll be able to switch out intividual powers/abilities of different classes from their slots.