Will we able to become demons?

PenitentLiar

Nov 1, 2020
Hi everyone!
Yesterday I bought the game on Steam and played it for ~7 hours straight, and I really like it. I wonder, though, if we will be able to reach corruption 100 and not die.
Since we can already side with Kas and basically take what it seems to be the evil route, it'd be weird if no one will see us as bad as a demon in the long run. Moreso, from what I've seen the demons are becoming more common as the corruption spreads.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
You cannot become a demon without a game over, no.

There is a demon TF item that will let you mimic their aesthetics, however.

Reactions: Paradox01

PenitentLiar

Nov 1, 2020
You cannot become a demon without a game over, no.

There is a demon TF item that will let you mimic their aesthetics, however.
Aye, thank you! I'll look out for that one then.

Also, bonus question: while reading some threads I read that you talked about a save-import function. Was the idea discarded due to flash being EOL and the unofficial ports having different formats for the savegame?

Lukistr

Mar 18, 2019
Aye, thank you! I'll look out for that one then.

Also, bonus question: while reading some threads I read that you talked about a save-import function. Was the idea discarded due to flash being EOL and the unofficial ports having different formats for the savegame?
You can save to file that is basically a save import.

Lukistr

Mar 18, 2019
Mh? So, I open any version of CoC (either unofficial or official). I save it as .coc file, then click "load [from file]" in CoC2 and select the .coc file?
I misunderstood what you meant by save import. You can transfer a CoC2 save from one version like steam to another like the regular download or to a different pc with the save to file. To my knowledge the save import from original CoC is not a thing and was pretty much scrapped??

TheShepard256

I wonder, though, if we will be able to reach corruption 100 and not die.
Since we can already side with Kas and basically take what it seems to be the evil route,
Reaching 100 Corruption won't kill or otherwise Bad End you, nor does high Corruption mean you've sided with Kasyrra or turned into a proper villain. Corruption is effectively more like a personality score (high = asshat, low = 'normal', medium = whatever you were before), though high values can put you at risk of a Bad End via demonification in certain circumstances.

PenitentLiar

Nov 1, 2020
Reaching 100 Corruption won't kill or otherwise Bad End you, nor does high Corruption mean you've sided with Kasyrra or turned into a proper villain. Corruption is effectively more like a personality score (high = asshat, low = 'normal', medium = whatever you were before), though high values can put you at risk of a Bad End via demonification in certain circumstances.
Yeah, I saw that when I turned 100 during a scene with Kas. I was so scared I had lost, but it turned out to be okay.
Also, I'm playing CoC and I see the system remained the same so I'm glad of this. Which, I noticed one thing: in CoC you basically become a demon (with the right morph, of course),
both in scenes and behavior (think of Amily). Why don't you pop your soul out though?

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
You need a triggering event to actually lose your soul, maxed Corruption is basically the game's way of saying 'you're at this threshold where just about anything might result in 'oops, no more soul''. You can see this happen during the game with other people or hear about it secondhand in a couple places right now. That there are no situations in which you can actually Bad End yourself this way outside of one-off fights is because the game is still in development and the big gateway to increased Corruption content was just reached earlier this year so nobody's really written it yet.

Well, there is one notable example already, if you're at a certain minimum Corruption and forget to say 'when' while sucking Kasyrra off in the Wayfort, but that's kind of your own damned fault regardless and it's still a one-off.

Last edited:

cobra

Aug 29, 2015
Shit, yes, there's a demon tf in the coding queue. Herp derp.

Well, i know this is a long shot but here goes, is it possible I could please get a link to the design document and take a peek? The suspense is killing me!

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Well, i know this is a long shot but here goes, is it possible I could please get a link to the design document and take a peek? The suspense is killing me!
There's already a mechanism for this: Become a backer at the appropriate level to get access to any WIP documents that Savin feels like sharing along with the other benefits... and back the other writers for access to anything they feel like sharing.

Reactions: Burnerbro