Will training without Mirrin?

OatmealNookie

Nov 22, 2016
There's still stuff from a year ago I haven't gone through, did we get another means of training willpower without big M making us her sextoy?

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
As far as I know, no. However, with 13 points/level you can easily keep 1-2 stats at max and have plenty left over for raising at level cap (10 for now, 20 planned... eventually). Cyber Punks on Zeng Shi can drop Augment-weave armor that doubles Soreness recovery (1->2 for resting/3->6 for sleeping), making training physical stats at the Ten Ton Gym much easier. Training can get all stats to the cap at level 10, but won't when the cap is 20, so I recommend saving your level up points.

For reference, Hard Workout, Run and Swim Laps increase Soreness by 2 and reduce Energy by 50. You can't perform an exercise you don't have the energy for, so normally you can only get 4 Soreness/cycle, so you only need to sleep once to clear total Soreness.

Level 10 = 117 stat points
13x10 - 13 (because Level 1 doesn't count.)

Level 20 = 247 Stat Points
Assuming 3 Willpower start, -97 = 150
Assuming 3 in whatever your other stat was = 53
Training will get you up to 95 of 100, so 5x3 remaining stats = 15

TL;DR
You've got plenty of points to keep 2 stats maxed when you level up. Willpower can absolutely be one of them.

Last edited:

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
The most efficient way to train stats without spending stat points:

1. Ten-Ton Gym
2. Ramis
3. Access to Uveto
4. Syri on Mhenga

Both the Ten-Ton Gym and Ramis costs 10k Ramis can train STR, REF and WIL, Ten-Ton Gym can train all stats (as long as Mirrin is there) except INT. Mirrin will train STR and WIL at the same time, Ramis will train REF and WIL at the same time.

I train AIM and work the cock-milker until I'm given enough to unlock Breedwell. (You can also train AIM with Tannis on Mhenga as long as you have a bow-type weapon but that's capped at like 9 or 15 AIM)

Then I recruit Ramis and park there taking breaks between training to sell my seed at Breedwell. Now you're working stats and generating income within the space of 4 tiles. Since Ramis is on your ship you can immediately go to sleep to regain energy and clear soreness without having to move. This is peak efficiency.

Then, as long as you're under level 8 you can train INT by talking to Syri about books on Mhenga.
After unlocking Uveto, you can train REF by playing video games with Chrissy. This can be done an unlimited amount of times and generates no soreness. The only drawback is Chrissy takes up the same spot as Mrs. Reasner so you'll have to rest/make love with her until Chrissy comes back. Alternatively, you can give Mrs. Reasner the amount of Savicite she needs so she can leave. At that point you can just spam video games with Chrissy.

If you're hell-bent on training at the Ten-Ton Gym, you can alleviate yourself of soreness by eating at the Bucking Bronco. Eating 1 serving of biscuits & gravy will reduce your soreness by one level. So getting rid of 10 levels of soreness will require 10 b&gs and cost you 50 credits. After you're done maxing your stats just run laps to reduce your thickness.

These are the methods I use to min/max my characters.

There are also some TF's that add/subtract from stats. I don't use them for stat gain purposes. Too random.

Last edited:

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
Tanis's training is capped at 65% of Steele's current possible max aim I believe.

I thought that you could still talk to Syri about books on Uveto. That doesn't give int gain?

Playing 4d chess with Semith and having a kind personality with Kiro can get you slow int gain, but since they're one off events for the day...

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
It's moved to another space after Syri Quest so you can't hold down the '1' key and just spam.

I actually read the text... and whenever I get one gain, I give Syri a blowjob. It's only fair.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
As long as you haven't triggered the 'Syri gives you her panties' event, (which is random when you land on Mhen'ga) she won't move to Uveto, so just avoid that until you're ready.