Will Parties be necessary to win?

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
Outside of guest party members, you were always solo in CoC last i recall.

Regardless, I don't think it's been said either way if you can shunt out your entire party. Though everything is undoubtedly going to be balanced around team play so good fucking luck soloing the game.

Wsan

Scientist
Creator
Jan 8, 2016
Everything will be balanced around a party of 3, save for events where you're up or down a party member or two obviously. No consideration will be given to solo players; you're expected to play with a party. No doubt, though, that people will still do it.

Innue

Apr 2, 2018
I'll more than likely go through solo, if there's even the slightest chance of it being feasible. Hopefully there's some sort of camp/home base where your companions can go and relax/guard, like in CoC.

Grape

Mar 24, 2018
I'll more than likely go through solo, if there's even the slightest chance of it being feasible. Hopefully there's some sort of camp/home base where your companions can go and relax/guard, like in CoC.

I'm pretty sure I saw a mention of having a mountain fortress as a home base somewhere...

Raindrops

Jun 19, 2016
I'm pretty sure I saw a mention of having a mountain fortress as a home base somewhere...

I believe the design document states that your first base will be the tavern you wake up in at the end of the tutorial, and then then you can upgrade to the castle later on

The Observer

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 27, 2015
To note: parties won't just provide combat benefits. The standard we'd like to set is that the companions you bring along will provide story options in dungeons.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nnxx and BubbleLord

Maxmouse

Apr 7, 2018
Could just have like a "Lone Wanderer" perk from Fallout to make playing solo not impossible.

Akhter13

Aug 30, 2015
Slightly off thread but please forgive me.
How easy will it be to swap party members in and out?
Presumably you would have to go to some kind of base camp

The Observer

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 27, 2015
Slightly off thread but please forgive me.
How easy will it be to swap party members in and out?
Presumably you would have to go to some kind of base camp

You can swap in/out characters at the Frost Hound/Hawkestone Castle. Some companions may be chilling out elsewhere when they're not in your party, but they should be be in/close to Hawkethorne.

Pursang

Apr 7, 2018
You can swap in/out characters at the Frost Hound/Hawkestone Castle. Some companions may be chilling out elsewhere when they're not in your party, but they should be be in/close to Hawkethorne.

Considering that your base of operations is a static place, will there be some way to fast travel back to the inn/castle, perhaps via warp stone? Or will we be required to trace our steps back?

Raindrops

Jun 19, 2016
Considering that your base of operations is a static place, will there be some way to fast travel back to the inn/castle, perhaps via warp stone? Or will we be required to trace our steps back?

considering that the warpstones are a thing in the first place, I would be shocked if you couldn't warp to your home base

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
Dammit, i cant read the word "Warpstone" without immediately thinking of the Skaven! It was all that time watching Vermintide streams, im guessing.

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
I know I've read the title properly for this thread multiple times already but I suddenly saw the thread title as.

Will Panties be necessary to win?

a few moments ago for some inexplicable reason, you can just imagine how I'm laughing at myself right now for that.

Slab Bulkhead

Creator
Oct 10, 2015
I know I've read the title properly for this thread multiple times already but I suddenly saw the thread title as.

Will Panties be necessary to win?

a few moments ago for some inexplicable reason, you can just imagine how I'm laughing at myself right now for that.
If so, would that mean people who wanted a challenge would go with no panties, and do a "commando run"? :D

Sifen

Apr 4, 2018
Everything will be balanced around a party of 3, save for events where you're up or down a party member or two obviously. No consideration will be given to solo players; you're expected to play with a party. No doubt, though, that people will still do it.
1. become a High level god ( "player") 2. bitchslap demon queen/corrupted god/frost wyrm/mad scientist that has unlimited funds 3. fuck them silly 4. Become god-empress (why is this not a thing, it's like Skyrim with the dragonborn with their literal divine right to the throne being handwaved away. :negativeman:)

Edit: that could be a possible ending for CoC2. After dealing with the new demon queen, the Champion creates an empire to rival of the fallen empire (belhor? Whatever the name of the empire that opened the wraith portal was), and (assuming a pure character, maybe corrupted have their own varient to prevent offworlder threats to their decadent rule ie. Slannesh style) creates a 40k space marines-like elite unit that is trained to deal with offworlder invasions and has the chapter organization style so that a single weak willed leader doesn't cause the corruption of the entire unit. *Cough*primarch*cough*

Last edited:

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
1. become a High level god ( "player") 2. bitchslap demon queen/corrupted god/frost wyrm/mad scientist that has unlimited funds 3. fuck them silly 4. Become god-empress (why is this not a thing, it's like Skyrim with the dragonborn with their literal divine right to the throne being handwaved away. :negativeman:)

Nitpick: The Dragonborn has no claim to the imperial throne. They're Dragonborn, but not Dragonblooded, aka part of the Septim dynasty. Of course, it would be fun to take up Septim's mantle and proceed to conquer all of mother fucking Tamerial.

The new Champion doesn't seem to have any supernatural power that anyone else can acquire. They're just the right man in the wrong place (or wrong man in the right place). Similar to the first Champion. Though the Champion of Hawkethorne likely won't get an uber powerful sword enchanted by a Goddess of Purity on their first day of adventuring.

Darkpheonix

Aug 27, 2015
Nitpick: The Dragonborn has no claim to the imperial throne. They're Dragonborn, but not Dragonblooded, aka part of the Septim dynasty. Of course, it would be fun to take up Septim's mantle and proceed to conquer all of mother fucking Tamerial.

The new Champion doesn't seem to have any supernatural power that anyone else can acquire. They're just the right man in the wrong place (or wrong man in the right place). Similar to the first Champion. Though the Champion of Hawkethorne likely won't get an uber powerful sword enchanted by a Goddess of Purity on their first day of adventuring.
Nah we get a slutfloof summon this time. Waaaayyy better.

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017

Sifen

Apr 4, 2018

Most imperials came to view being dragonborn with being bragonblooded so to the people he has the divine right anyway (ignoring the fact TLD could be the decendant of a bastard of the royal line, considering there was bound to have been some one night stands somewhere in the dynasty). And to be honest, I doubt many people would tell the savior of the world who is the champion of aedra and daedra otherwise...even if they do, the opness of bend will exists, having one person take your sword and slit their own throat then give it back before they bleed out generally gets the message across that you are The Emperor. Side note to that, bend will is op to the point of words can't even explain the full opness of it, I'm pretty sure that TLD could even bend the will of the world itself it or even elder scrolls if we were not limited by the game

Also, I never used the beautiful sword in favor of the enchanted sword that boosted spell power (my love of versitilty, why by just a strong swordsman when you can also be a master mage too).