Wiki Editing

Angle

Feb 14, 2017
Hello! I've been wanting to help with updating the wiki. I've created a account and confirmed my email, but I was wondering if anyone who already helps to keep it updated could give me some tips on editing articles? I've never really done this before but I'm eager to help.

Lashcharge

Aug 27, 2015
Hello! I've been wanting to help with updating the wiki. I've created a account and confirmed my email, but I was wondering if anyone who already helps to keep it updated could give me some tips on editing articles? I've never really done this before but I'm eager to help.
Just see what other articles look like and try to follow them as closely as possible.

I should really do a category check soon.

Reactions: Nik_van_Rijn

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
What I do when making fresh articles, for any wiki -

1. Work out into which category the article goes.
2. Find an article from that category which looks like somebody who knew what they were doing made it. Press edit.
3. Ctrl C, Ctrl V.
4. Replace all the relevant information.
5. Put some functioning links and tags in, so your article isn't floating in a void and other people will find it.
6. Hope to God some other soul edits it/fills out the bits you don't know/doesn't arbitrarily delete it.

TheDevilYouKnow

Oct 21, 2015
It wouldn't hurt to familiarize yourself with reading AS3 and navigating the repository, if you don't already know.