Why was: 'Tail, Gential Type', 'Tail, Genital Volume' and 'Tail, Genital Capacity' readded to the Stats menu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrangeBurner

Mar 13, 2022
(Yes, this a complete repost of this thread, I didn't really know where I should post questions like this)

In the latest update of TiTs they focused on cleaning up the tail gential code so that it would be easier to work with (In which they did a pretty good job of doing).

But, for some reason on this patch Tail, Gential Type, Tail, Genital Volume and Tail, Genital Capacity have been readded to the stats menu.

Early on in the development of the JS version Fenoxo did some improvements to the display and formating of tails and tail genitals because previously it was "fucking garbage for tail genitals".
This completely replaced Tail, Gential Type, Tail, Genital Volume and Tail, Genital Capacity in the Codex's Stats menu.

But, for this patch Tail, Gential Type, Tail, Genital Volume and Tail, Genital Capacity was readded alongside Fenoxo's previous changes.
This makes the tail section of the Codex full of redundant/repeating information:
Tail, Genital Type - Alongside Fenoxo's Previous Changes.png

Was they a particular reason these were added back this patch?

One of the main reasons I'm asking this is because this is the patch where the attributes: this.tailGenital, this.tailGentialArg and this.tailGenitalColor got completely removed from the code so it's weird to me that they've been added back to the Stats menu when those variables should no longer exist.

Gedan

BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Because I exhaustively searched for those variables and updated the code. There was a block of commented out code, and the stuff immediately above and below it wasn't tail stuff from a quick glance, so I just fixed it.

Yes, I really wish people would actually commit deleting code rather than just commenting it out, why do you ask :gedv:

Status
Not open for further replies.