Why is there an option to remove the elf boi from the game? (Just Curious)

PalletTown

Sep 10, 2015
In this current patch, the devs added an option to remove the elf boi from the game. I'm not really for or against this personally, I'm just curious about why the devs added this option.

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
I can only guess. But in the gripes thread, a recurring complaint that I saw was that the elf boi shows up seemingly very frequently and most didn't interact with him. It was probably easier to just add a remove option for those who don't like him. It doesn't seem like he's hated, just that he showed up too much over other encounters and over stayed his welcome.

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Yeah outside the folks hating him for his spawn rate I don't think there's any other reason. He just appears too frequently, I'd even say his encounter rate is higher than it should be or at least... FEELS that way, to where it gets in the way of material farming which let's be real here, is the one reason to hang around the Old Forest.

I don't hate the guy, and frankly, the idea of him being expanded into an actual character rather than just a means to deal with resolve interested me. but that never happened and never will happen, so he's just there and is a nuisance to the players because he's just another addition to the big Old Forest encounter pool, so a way to get him out of that pool makes it less annoying in the long run.

Last edited:

Ireyon

May 14, 2018
The problem I have with him is twofold: He shows up way too often and there are other random evens in the Old Forest that I want to trigger. Farming pristine wood for quests, finding the witch's wandering house...

I don't dislike him and he's a nice diversion the first few times you come across him but after that the encounter quickly becomes a nuisance.

Emily Smith

Apr 20, 2021
I removed him because repeatedly I would press fuck me by mistake and end up pregnant by the hugely hung elf. Annoying when no chance of removing the unwanted spawn.

Reactions: Lone Wolf115

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
Wiki obviously isn't up to date which is extremely annoying. Wiki is usually my way to find out which NPC can impregnate MC, so I can either avoid them or if I like them, seek them out.
The Elf Boy pregnancy was added to the game in June 2020 and has been in the Wiki pregnancy table since then.