Which Fallout game is the worst one, in your opinion?

Ich_Hab_Keine_Lust

Feb 27, 2020
I never played 2, Tactics, 4, or 76.
Based off what I've heard 76 is the worst.
Based off what I've played: Wanderer's Editition > Project Nevada > vanilla NV > 1 > vanilla 3

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Isometric or 3D, either one works.
That's kinda asking which is worst, steak or chicken.

Its two very different tastes. neither is worst and neither is inherently better.

Shadowrun Returns is an example of an isometric game done well. And the original Fallouts were done well, just a product of their time.

So with that in mind, the worst Fallout is Fallout 76. Cack handed support, a clear example of Bethesd'a lacklustre quality control and poorly done development. It really was a terrible game. Still is somewhat. Closely followed by Fallout 4.

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
Worst Fallout game was Fallout Tactics or FO76

Closely followed by Fallout 4

I have 1300 hours in FO4, because I ignored the main story and left whats-his-settlement-needs-help in the museum. Just wandering around getting in trouble looking for supplies to build up your personal base made the game fun.

cobra

Aug 29, 2015
II thought the worse was the original xbox exclusive one Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel. "What the fuck Chuck!?!" was the game's unofficial tagline by the fallout community. I'm sure I could more enjoyment out of of tactics or 76 then this piece of rubbish.

TrustworthyTraitor

Aug 16, 2020
Worst Fallout game was Fallout Tactics or FO76

I have 1300 hours in FO4, because I ignored the main story and left whats-his-settlement-needs-help in the museum. Just wandering around getting in trouble looking for supplies to build up your personal base made the game fun.
General , another settlement needs Minutemen's (yours) help I'll mark it on your map.

TrustworthyTraitor

Aug 16, 2020
1&2 were very good (especially writing imo [cuz stats n choices matter ]) 3 did have some interesting characters and places nv was amazing in everything outside of combat 4 is poorly written but does have really nice combat and gun customization system (Institute would win 100% of the time if bethesda didn't nerf 'em into the ground) , 76's launch was a total shitshow and it really showed off how greedy and incompetent companies can be (Nuka Cola Dark and the Duffel Kerfuffle) however it introduces lots of new interesting enemies (outside of reskinned skyrim dragons) and some insight on things like how nuka cola obtained some of ''their original'' recipes

A79

May 18, 2017
Carl's backyard
I started playing the series from the original release, tbh. FO2 is my personal favorite, as the original is easily finished in a single session. New Vegas would be my second choice, though the engine makes aspects of the game less than Black Isle ideal. I'd love to comment on FO3, as I own a copy, but unlike New Vegas it refuses to run on my existant hardware. No clue. NV runs, Oblivion runs, FO3 just crashes. Tactics... Played it all the way through. Still can't bring myself to love FO Tactics. Never played the BOS ARPG, but no one who worked at Black Isle will admit it happened, so....

Gothic Purple Goblin

Mar 10, 2016
76 by a longshot, so bad I honestly do not consider it a fallout game. The story in 4 I honestly felt was meh, I really didn't give a shit about anything that was going on in it, would have been so much better if you could take over the institute and start making a difference everywhere. Sadly all the factions were idiots, at least to me.

Stemwinder

Jun 15, 2018
Of the main games 4 is the most soulless but 2 bothered me for almost immediately going the other way with so much of what the original established and being heavy on the memey side of things.