Which build and class deals the most damage?

Mad Dog

Jun 1, 2018
Without the buffs and whatnot from companions. I wanna know which build or class deals the most damage?

I'd assume it'd be a warrior or black mage build but I'm curious.

Also as a bonus. Is there a build that can solo the Drider Queen?

Tristan Black

Feb 18, 2016
Whichever you're most comfortable playing as. Also, a single-dimensional build will always run into a situation where their abilities are essentially useless.

As an example, I play as a pure courtesan. Seduction is my primary weapon. There are just enough tough enemies immune to that specific damage type for me to need backup plans and the ability to use physical attacks. Every build has similar strengths and weaknesses, and that's exactly how it should be.

And the Drider Queen was designed to be a little OP for the map, so you'll probably never have a perfectly easy time with her.

Reactions: Paradox01

Lucien

Apr 4, 2018
I don't know about which class, but bows and bow powers seem to be the most powerful, as far as I've found. A high presence build also seems good, you can get a huge amount of damage out of your companions.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Yeah, there's no One True Build and the developers have mentioned they want to discourage min-maxing which is why TFs are never going to provide things that can break difficulty, like stronger At-Will powers than what's normally available, or the Flight buff.

The above example is pretty illustrative and one of my Champions is set up the same way. It's absolutely godly in some places but there are enough enemies that can no-sell Tease/Lust attacks or take sufficiently reduced damage from them that I have to change strategies for some fights. The wolves in the Old Forest that are otherwise the CoC2 equivalent to the 'party of 1d4 goblins' that adventurers eat for breakfast is another example, as my Champion can't do anything to them other than ineffectually flail around with their Dildowand of Naughtiness.

Similarly my Black Mage champion generally does a rotation of Grease/Fireball that hits really hard as long as the enemy doesn't strongly resist fire damage but its effectiveness falls off against anything that gets multiple actions per round since the debuffing effect is usually gone before I can get off that Fireball followup. And my Thief pretty much relies on having low Threat and high Critical chances to do direct damage while avoiding hits as much as possible but is pretty much fucked if anything manages to connect with them. Which is probably why that's my run where the champion is Arona's bitch.

Mad Dog

Jun 1, 2018
Since you all make some pretty reasonable claims allow me to specify my question.

If any, what non-lust build kicks the most ass? Or at the very least, which one kicks the Drider Queens ass?

I really only ever one-shot her when I get some crazy crit.

Tristan Black

Feb 18, 2016
Nothing, because this is a game that encourages you to think, not to just coast on one specific thing. Also, that drider queen is a roaming mini-boss and will always be a little tough, even when you're several levels stronger.

Greyfox643

May 20, 2016
My 1-2 punch for big targets is Garrote, followed by empowering strike with a Swift Blade.

If either hit crits, whatever I hit isnt very happy. And starting off combat with a Garrote reduces the chances of getting hit by gnarly debuffs.

But even that isnt fully optimized, as im using the warrior class, instead of rogue (which gains bonusndamage by hitting things under crowd control effects)

The reason for this, is that I realized going pure damage rogue, left me hella open to ANY monster that used mental-based attacks. So I would up making a hybrid to cover that weakness, but it made me lose out on damage.

Things seem hella balanced, and it's less a question of massive damage (easy, steady strike with greifmaker, on a debuffed target with a rogue empowered with a weapon buff) and more about what you're willing to sacrifice to get it (the aforementioned technique has NO ACCURACY and misses all the time)

QualityCuntrol

Nov 12, 2019
The game's not meant to be solo-able, so even if you had The Perfect Build, you're still out of luck there, unfortunately. FWIW, I've had consistend OHKO results against the Drider Queen using those once-per-day ultimate abilities you unlock when you/your companions reach level 5, but only with the ones that do targeted physical damage. I tend to use Brint/Brienne's or Atugia's.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
using those once-per-day ultimate abilities you unlock when you/your companions reach level 5, but only with the ones that do targeted physical damage.
I'm still waiting for that first battle when I run into something classed appropriately for my Black Mage's Ultimate to apply its damage effect, because it will be glorious seeing that 470 damage. Everything that's currently in the game that it would work on, I beat before unlocking it. Not that buying a few turns worth of breathing room for healing/buffing from Banishment's other effect hasn't saved my skin on its own. *stares at the Komari fight*

Reactions: QualityCuntrol

BasedBuckNasty

Nov 5, 2017
I have a legit character slum rat human thief and a character I do everything I can think of with. Which often means respecing. The only thing that gets in the way of that is the origin/racial bonuses. Nothing that can't be solved with a drink from Garth though.
As for my thief, I had more trouble before Cait's ultimate and the tears was added. Particularly the one hit ko from Sigrune or the Troll. Afterwards, it wasn't anything that some dual wielding short sword and balanced blade, garotte, and shadow strike can't solve, maybe a little assassinate here and there. Power wave if they start flying or something. I used to use marked for death, but I can control the aggro with duelist stance just as easily.
I wish there was some armor between the jerkin and leather coat though. That trades a bit of the armor for evade. The closest is the war hides which just makes me look silly with my fluffy scarf, duelists hat, winged sabatons, lol. As it is, with the jerkin, I have 90 armor.
Unless it is a major threat I let the party control itself.

Other character black mage worked rather well with fireballs and arc cannon. Warrior misses too much for my tastes, I will let Brint/ Brienne handle that.
Bard/Charmer got absolutely destroyed by the evil Miko and Mai.

Tristan Black

Feb 18, 2016
I didn't do too badly on them. Mostly because I've spent a long time working on balancing my overkill level. The only trick is that you have to take them out together, and that just requires some strategy and sense of control.

IraMorti

Dec 5, 2017
I'm still waiting for that first battle when I run into something classed appropriately for my Black Mage's Ultimate to apply its damage effect, because it will be glorious seeing that 470 damage. Everything that's currently in the game that it would work on, I beat before unlocking it. Not that buying a few turns worth of breathing room for healing/buffing from Banishment's other effect hasn't saved my skin on its own. *stares at the Komari fight*
I usually use it to one shot Magna, probably could one shot the Jarl too if you aren't looking to get his cape. Also the arcane golem in the wizard's tower you help Shar clear. All prime targets for Banishment damage. :)

The Observer

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 27, 2015

Artificer Kazuo is counted as a construct because of his power loader.

Reactions: WolframL

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
I usually use it to one shot Magna, probably could one shot the Jarl too if you aren't looking to get his cape. Also the arcane golem in the wizard's tower you help Shar clear. All prime targets for Banishment damage. :)
Oh yeah, I know it works on them, I just never hit Level 5 before clearing Fort Marrok.

Artificer Kazuo is counted as a construct because of his power loader.
On the other hand I did not realize this, I'll keep it in mind the next time I run through that quest. Thanks for the heads-up.

Muted_ReDead

Jun 25, 2019
Bessy Mauler OP

Hey there big guy, that 82 armor is pretty thicc, would be a shame if-
Build.png

EDIT: I think Dastardly Trick is overall better than Garrote because a stun is way better crowd control than a silence or stagger, if not an outright kill from 200 attack and 50 accuracy from a Bessy Mauler with 80 armor penetration. Now imagine a further 50% damage bonus from Twist The Knife, courtesy of Etheryn's Enthropic Winds or Kiyoko's Leech giving stagger.

Last edited:

Soldier660

Feb 9, 2018
Brazil
Bessy Mauler OP

Hey there big guy, that 82 armor is pretty thicc, would be a shame if-
View attachment 12085

EDIT: I think Dastardly Trick is overall better than Garrote because a stun is way better crowd control than a silence or stagger, if not an outright kill from 200 attack and 50 accuracy from a Bessy Mauler with 80 armor penetration. Now imagine a further 50% damage bonus from Twist The Knife, courtesy of Etheryn's Enthropic Winds or Kiyoko's Leech giving stagger.

You are using 2 Lucky Strikes ?! Son of a mother, Did not know the Stack with each other. wow XD !!! Also i prefer using Holy Weapon, Helped a lot witch those Ghots at the fort. being using since. Problaly not the best choice though.

The Rest is: Sure Shot(For auto Critical) Crowd Control for Multi All area damage, Nervers of Steel for nice damage and Assassinate for just Raw Damage.

Not the best build but its a simple one.

Upcast Drake

May 27, 2017
Southeast USA
You are using 2 Lucky Strikes ?! Son of a mother, Did not know the Stack with each other. wow XD !!! Also i prefer using Holy Weapon, Helped a lot witch those Ghots at the fort. being using since. Problaly not the best choice though.

The Rest is: Sure Shot(For auto Critical) Crowd Control for Multi All area damage, Nervers of Steel for nice damage and Assassinate for just Raw Damage.

Not the best build but its a simple one.
The extra EC from Lucky Strike doesn't stack, but the combat stats do.

Mr.Q

Mar 12, 2016
Without the buffs and whatnot from companions. I wanna know which build or class deals the most damage?

I'd assume it'd be a warrior or black mage build but I'm curious.

Also as a bonus. Is there a build that can solo the Drider Queen?

i recently went thief with arcane shot, crackle powder, triple threat/sure shot, suppressive fire and assassination. been able to kill things that gave me trouble as a warrior or blkmage

Last edited:

Tristan Black

Feb 18, 2016
Yet there should be things that give you trouble now that weren't a problem before. Under ideal conditions, the game should be balanced so nothing trumps everything.

Mr.Q

Mar 12, 2016
Yet there should be things that give you trouble now that weren't a problem before. Under ideal conditions, the game should be balanced so nothing trumps everything.

probably should add iv only tried this build so far in easy mode might start new game see how it goes in normal.

ok went through game on normal was with Brint and Atugia the whole time. Once i got to lvl 4 with bessy mauler i took down the blue giant 1st try. lvl 5 and 2/3 shooting spider queen the only enemy that slowed me down was Nakano blocking my attacks is a pain.

Last edited:

MikeMikeMike

May 26, 2020
ive never lost a battle as a black mage with brint and cait :/ probably because i get to level 3 in the old forest before i go anywhere else lol

Shura

Apr 15, 2018
My Black Mage with Withering Bolt, Arc Cannon, and Fireball is VERY OP almost anywhere at this point. I can get by with literally anyone, but I always love Cait and Brint.

And then I have the Aphrodisiac Whip and Rosebloom Shield for Lust attacks, which combined with Quintillus is so OP I legit could one-or two-shot the drider way back before she got nerfed, XD

BFFE

Jun 12, 2021
I'm still waiting for that first battle when I run into something classed appropriately for my Black Mage's Ultimate to apply its damage effect, because it will be glorious seeing that 470 damage. Everything that's currently in the game that it would work on, I beat before unlocking it. Not that buying a few turns worth of breathing room for healing/buffing from Banishment's other effect hasn't saved my skin on its own. stares at the Komari fight
I had the same difficulties with komari granddaughters.
When the fight was done I was out of healing/buff items and all my party ultis were on cool down
Thank god komari didn't fight me or she would have whipped my ass

Animefan666

Sep 6, 2020
I had the same difficulties with komari granddaughters.
When the fight was done I was out of healing/buff items and all my party ultis were on cool down
Thank god komari didn't fight me or she would have whipped my ass
You dug up a year old thread...

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Reactions: Animefan666

BFFE

Jun 12, 2021
And this thread's title was asking about things you yourself made two threads asking about similar subjects.
Hmmm no

As far as I remember I posted a thread asking if some classes get a status boost from kitsune TF / a thread about mirror stance / a thread about my pc appearance.

so I don't know what you're talking about.