Where to catch SSTD's

Mata

Jun 20, 2016
I've been looking on all the planets and can't seem to catch any of them, anyone know what enemies can infect you?

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
Pretty sure there is one that one can get from the Raskvel on Tarkus.

Also make sure that you are playing the latest backer build.

Zat

Dec 18, 2016
Lithuania
Not entirely sure, but I believe you can catch one of the variants of furpies from Milodan.

irioth

May 12, 2016
With v.0.7.52, I was able to catch one variant of Furpies and Loco Fever and get them treated by V-Ko in succession by talking to Dr. Badger, roaming the wastes of Tarkus, and having sex with its critters for a couple days. I erased that save b/c I had gotten the MC burdened with unwanted Sydian pregnancies. I tried to repeat the process in a new playthrough with v.0.7.53 several times, to no avail and considerable frustration and confusion. Either RNG has been a real arsehole, or something changed between versions, or there is some unknown x-factor variable that acts as a preventive.

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
I tried to repeat the process in a new playthrough with v.0.7.53 several times, to no avail and considerable frustration and confusion. Either RNG has been a real arsehole, or something changed between versions, or there is some unknown x-factor variable that acts as a preventive.
It's RNG being an ass. 1/100 chance I'm guessing. So you're not gonna get them easily.

irioth

May 12, 2016
It's RNG being an ass. 1/100 chance I'm guessing. So you're not gonna get them easily.

I see. Then I'm going to give up trying to get one. Locked Codex entries are annoying but I'm too impatient to chase that kind of low-odd result.

Pervacles

Apr 30, 2016
Bump on whether or not you can get multiples, and of course how on earth do you contract them. I know they are supposed to be rare, but I've been grinding non-stop, no pun intended through sex scenes on Tarkus and Uveto with various aliens, and I'm getting a whole lot of nothing. I'm using the latest backer build. It could just be the RNG, but I'm beginning to suspect something else is wrong as I haven't managed to contract one yet. Maybe an option to engage in some extra risky behavior that is completely optional could be provided to bump the chances for the player who actually wants to contract something if this really is just the RNG not hitting the magic number. Just a thought.

irioth

May 12, 2016
It's the RNG definitely being an ass. I accidentally got Furpies (which I have little interest in) twice in quick succession while I was questing for Chaurmine, which motivated me to try and unlock Loco Fever. I tried for several game-time days roaming on Tarkus and screwing dozens of raskvels, which I read are carriers, to no avail. No clue on how to influence chances of getting infected, or picking the right disease. It's totally the kind of frustrating RNG stuff I'd use save editing to defeat, except I don't know the right variables.

Last edited:

Pervacles

Apr 30, 2016
Thank you. it may come down to that once the variables are known... or I go look in git once it goes public and just read the code. :/

irioth

May 12, 2016
LOL! :D
It seems that the whole low chance of catching SSTDs thing is doing the exact opposite of what it was intended to, with players that actually want to get the disease complaining that they can't get the disease.

Locked Codex entries are annoying, but the frustrating behavior of the RNG has persuaded me the best course may be to ignore SSTDs as much as possible. I thought it might have been interesting to get Loco Fever once in a while, but it's too much random. I have zero interest in the unwanted furry TF of Furpies, since I want total control on my Steele's looks, and the game has much better ways to go if you wish a few cat or dog features. So you might say the game has persuaded me to treat SSTDs as pests to be avoided.

Last edited:

Pervacles

Apr 30, 2016
LOL! :D
It seems that the whole low chance of catching SSTDs thing is doing the exact opposite of what it was intended to, with players that actually want to get the disease complaining that they can't get the disease.
For some of us yup. I mean that interest is there. Tail parasites work great. I know I've had a character go and find a cunt snake with a mare pussy just to make a matching set of four, or grabbed a cock snake cuz the dude needed mo dick. XD

irioth

May 12, 2016
For some of us yup. I mean that interest is there. Tail parasites work great. I know I've had a character go and find a cunt snake with a mare pussy just to make a matching set of four, or grabbed a cock snake cuz the dude needed mo dick. XD

Yea. Mimbranes are great too, if a little high-maintainance.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
SSTD's catch chance is ruled by RNG gods. Well that already mean we all pretty much fucked up in case those unbelivable flickle gods are not on our side.

Or those that wnat catch one/all of them at least once with PC need to do opossite - trying they best to not catch it so RNG gods angered by this heresy will start sending one one after another SSTD on PC ^^

Trap14145

May 25, 2017
I'm about to go insane. I've been trying for 8 total RL hours to try and even get one proc and it isn't happening. Something with a super low chance like this could desperately use some sort of diminishing returns. Like a counter out of 1000, that's goes up by one each time. Even if it only went up by a minute amount at least I could justify the time sink.

I don't even know what enemies to farm. I've tried Tarkus (Sydians, Raskvel, Lampinara), Myrellion (Bothrioc, Nyrea, Infected Myr (which should have a super high chance IMO)), Mhen'ga (Zil, Kerokeras) and Uveto (Milodan and Korgonne). No success on any of the enemies. Is there any indication what enemies are infected in combat? Anything that procs saying you definitely just got infected?

Edit: Sorry, this kinda came off as angry, not angry just frustrated.

Last edited:

Trap14145

May 25, 2017
@Trap14145 Are you playing the latest version of the game?
Also, Infected Myr are infected with a Myr specific fungus, not an SSTD.
Yeah, latest version from yesterday. Even on the previous patch I couldn't get any to proc. I even started a new game to try just in case. Went at it for another 2-3 hours to no avail. I'm kinda out of ideas at this point.

Also, I know with the Infected Myr, it just seems like it'd be kinda cool to have certain "grubbier" enemies like Sydian have a higher chance. Of course, that's much more difficult to code than an across the board rate.

Trap14145

May 25, 2017
Did you talk to Dr. Badger? I think you may need to do that to activate the SSTD, but I could be wrong. Other than that I have no clue.
Do you mean I talk to her to activate them exisitng in-game? Or when I catch one she'll be the one who trips the next stage? Because right now I dont even know what signs there are that I got one or that they even exist.

In the new game I have no option about it and she mentioned nothing about them.

Last edited: