Where is Tavros Station located?

IATIHIA2

Jun 14, 2018
USA, New England
What kind of planet is it orbiting? Is it orbiting anything? Is there any other lore mentioned regarding any other nearby(for outer space at least) planets?

I'm building a space station in No Man's Sky and I want to model it off of Tavros for shits and giggles, but I mean, I don't want to put it above any old planet.

When I'm finished I can share the coordinates for anyone who's interested

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
So it looks like Tavros station doesn't orbit a planet. Which makes sense as what we're told about Tavros is that its a hub station, meant to serve as a stepping stone for the Planet Rush. So it probably sits near enough a Warp Gate that people can use it, but also far enough away from any UGC affiliated planet that they don't get bogged down in the minutiae of bureaucracy.

IATIHIA2

Jun 14, 2018
USA, New England
So it looks like Tavros station doesn't orbit a planet. Which makes sense as what we're told about Tavros is that its a hub station, meant to serve as a stepping stone for the Planet Rush. So it probably sits near enough a Warp Gate that people can use it, but also far enough away from any UGC affiliated planet that they don't get bogged down in the minutiae of bureaucracy.

I guess I'm not surprised, I figured if the wiki didn't say anything about a planet, it probably wasn't orbiting one, but sometimes the wiki misses stuff.

Gives me a bit of a problem for my project, though. Might try and find a small asteroid looking moon/planet to base it.

Mhen'ga is 8 hours away or so, which seems pretty far if traveling at light speed, I imagine there must be stuff in between. Boy would it be cool if TiTS had the kind of funding that AAA universes had.

Last edited:

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
If you're travelling at/or close to light speed, Mhen'ga only 8 hours away. By comparison, the distance between the Earth and the Sun is 8 light minutes, or 8.994×107 miles.

In terms of galactic and universal scale, an 8 hour trip to a planet is nothing.

Tavros was designed to be a hub station, not a little stop n' shop in the boonies. Its effectively a small planet.

TheShepard256

Mhen'ga is 8 hours away or so, which seems pretty far if traveling at light speed, I imagine there must be stuff in between.
If you're travelling at/or close to light speed, Mhen'ga only 8 hours away. By comparison, the distance between the Earth and the Sun is 8 light minutes, or 8.994×107 miles.
You're both forgetting that, as confirmed by Savin, most of that travel time is actually spent waiting in traffic. Mhen'ga isn't even in the same star system as Tavros (the latter orbits Kalas, while the former orbits Ara Ara); they're connected via Warp Gate, which is instantaneous (or close enough) travel between star systems. The actual distance between the two is much larger (single-digit light-years if they're in adjacent systems, possibly over a thousand light-years if they're on opposite ends of explored space) if you ignore the Warp Gate connection, and significantly shorter if you include the Warp Gate.

For reference, 8 light-hours is approximately twice the distance between Sol and Neptune (30 AU), or approximately 60% of the furthest Eris gets from Sol (97.5 AU, ~13.5 light-hours), so it fits well within the boundaries of a single star system.

TiTSFan

Jan 25, 2019
I've always likened Tavros Station to Mass Effect's Citadel.

SeriousBlueJewel

Nov 5, 2018
You're both forgetting that, as confirmed by Savin, most of that travel time is actually spent waiting in traffic. Mhen'ga isn't even in the same star system as Tavros (the latter orbits Kalas, while the former orbits Ara Ara); they're connected via Warp Gate, which is instantaneous (or close enough) travel between star systems. The actual distance between the two is much larger (single-digit light-years if they're in adjacent systems, possibly over a thousand light-years if they're on opposite ends of explored space) if you ignore the Warp Gate connection, and significantly shorter if you include the Warp Gate.

For reference, 8 light-hours is approximately twice the distance between Sol and Neptune (30 AU), or approximately 60% of the furthest Eris gets from Sol (97.5 AU, ~13.5 light-hours), so it fits well within the boundaries of a single star system.
We also know that explored space is less than a single arm of the galaxy and that the gates spent at most 200 years at near light speed traveling to their destination. Which means Tavor station (or its star system) was probably the initial launch point for the gates it connects to and as a hub it has many gates each leading to a rush world (maybe even all rush gates if it is the launch point of all rush gates)

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
We also know that explored space is less than a single arm of the galaxy and that the gates spent at most 200 years at near light speed traveling to their destination. Which means Tavor station (or its star system) was probably the initial launch point for the gates it connects to and as a hub it has many gates each leading to a rush world (maybe even all rush gates if it is the launch point of all rush gates)
It's 200 years between rushes but from what I've collected from devs talking over the years and in-game lore is that a gate could travel for more than the 200 year gap and miss one or more rushes. Most, though, are closer than that.

Reactions: SeriousBlueJewel