Where are the save files and can they be backed up?

TW-Luna

Apr 24, 2017
I have a little technical question. Where are the game's save files kept? I was wanting to back them up and possibly move them. I also wanted to ask if I moved save files, would that open up save spaces in the game? That way I could save before major events or meeting new characters and not have to worry about running out of save slots.

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
For Google Chrome, you want to search for folder #localWithNet for the normal .sol save files. You can copy those anywhere, but only will the game read them in this folder. Otherwise you can use the "Save File" option to save to a .tits file which also can be stored anywhere and also loaded from anywhere with the "Load File" button, it's just more cumbersome than the quick and simple "Save" and "Load" buttons.

If you can't find it via search, you'll have to follow each folder with this line - C:\Users\YOUR ACCOUNT\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Pepper Data\Shockwave Flash\WritableRoot\#SharedObjects\Random Letters\#localWithNet - bolded parts are unique to everyone.

As to moving to free up space, yes, but there have been cases where changing names of files makes it impossible to load the file so switching them becomes tedious if you don't, having to be careful not to overwrite files. This is where the "Save File" and "Load File" functions are superior.

TW-Luna

Apr 24, 2017
Thanks for the answer Karretch. I just realized I should have posed this question in the Unrelated Questions thread, sorry about that.

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
Is fine, doesn't matter where it's posted. That thread is just for people who like to make a bunch of individual question posts. This is actually pertinent and multiple in one thread! So, bonus points.

D

Deleted member 15512

I think there's an option in the save editor to back up saves as well?

irioth

May 12, 2016
I have a little technical question. Where are the game's save files kept? I was wanting to back them up and possibly move them. I also wanted to ask if I moved save files, would that open up save spaces in the game? That way I could save before major events or meeting new characters and not have to worry about running out of save slots.

I suggest following the wiki instructions for save location. Yes, it is perfectly possible to copy and store the save files elsewhere (as a matter of fact I heartily suggest to do so for backup of your precious game achievements) but the game shall only be able to recognize save files in their original location. Yes, it is possible to open up save spaces and effectively go beyond 14 save slots, but renaming save files can mess with the game's ability to recognize them so I suggest not to do it. Just backup 'old' save files in a different location before you overwrite them with new ones. As a matter of fact, I've been doing this myself and my archive of save files for my main playthrough and preferred version of Steele is about 12+7=19 save files as of now. I keep a "TiTS saves 1" folder with a copy of the old, original 1-12 save slots and a "TiTS saves 2" one with a copy of the new save files I've been overwriting in the 1-7 save slots. If and when I each new major playthrough stages I want to keep as milestone save points, I shall progress to 8, 9, etc. When I reach the 12 save slot again, I shall create a "TiTS saves 3" folder and go on.

Usually I keep slot 13 and 14 free for short-term experimentation with playthrough variants, save scumming, or save editing. I used to keep an herm variant of my Steele (the default, most cherished version is hyper-feminine) updated to last playthrough in slot 13, to explore those game events that require Steele to have male genitals, although as of recent I got down to record which traits to save edit to make Steele my preferred version of herm on the fly with TiTSEd, so this might have become superflous.

Last edited:

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
I suggest following the wiki instructions for save location. Yes, it is perfectly possible to copy and store the save files elsewhere (as a matter of fact I heartily suggest to do so for backup of your precious game achievements) but the game shall only be able to recognize save files in their original location. Yes, it is possible to open up save spaces and effectively go beyond 14 save slots, but renaming save files can mess with the game's ability to recognize them so I suggest not to do it. Just backup 'old' save files in a different location before you overwrite them with new ones. As a matter of fact, I've been doing this myself and my archive of save files for my main playthrough and preferred version of Steele is about 12+7=19 save files as of now. I keep a "TiTS saves 1" folder with a copy of the old, original 1-12 save slots and a "TiTS saves 2" one with a copy of the new save files I've been overwriting in the 1-7 save slots. If and when I each new major playthrough stages I want to keep as milestone save points, I shall progress to 8, 9, etc. When I reach the 12 save slot again, I shall create a "TiTS saves 3" folder and keep the process.

Usually I keep slot 13 and 14 free for short-term experimentation with playthrough variants, save scumming, or save editing. I used to keep an herm variant of my Steele (the default, most cherished version is hyper-feminine) updated to last playthrough in slot 13, to explore those game events that require Steele to have male genitals, although as of recent I got down to record which traits to save edit to make Steele my preferred version of herm on the fly with TiTSEd, so this might have become superflous.
Psst... I kinda already said all that :p No harsh, sorry if it seems that way, just stating, kinda silly