What guns from WWI to now would y'all like to see?

Alecsandr

Dec 11, 2015
Briha will eventually be available to make you some good old school rooty tooty point and shooties when i finally figure out how to write weapons for the game, but I would like to know what others would like to have to help flesh out the roster of guns she'll be able to provide. the only restrictions are that the guns be from ww1 and onwards, and that modern guns be unique or iconic

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
Honestly? ...and please forgive me for being cliche:
The LAPD 2019 Blaster Detective Special from Bladerunner

400px-Museum_stunt.jpg

and

the DL-44 heavy blaster pistol from Star Wars

DL-44_Blaster_Pistol_DICE.png

That way you can dual wield and cosplay as Deckard and Han-solo at the same time.

Last edited:

Violent_Peace

Sep 16, 2015
1. Liberator shottie, it's not a ww1 gun but a nam gun, but I feel like you could still have it because it's just like a blunderbuss or a really powerful shotgun, It's a shotgun with four barrels that would use cartiage packs to load into it, if you want to see a pic I would be happy to show one.

2. The Lewis LMG, it was one of the most commonly used larger machine guns in the war on Belgium, personally I feel the game could use another LMG that could be gotten easily than the one from Kara's quest, just throw some dirt on it and name it something like the Jenny gun and bam you got another weapon.

3. Luxtion arsoual gas, it's already in the game have her sell some.

4. The Kolibri 2mm, either as a joke weapon or a weapon that does mad criticals for a smuggler, the Kolibri is a gun that could fit in the palm of a person's hand and fires tiny 2mm bullets.

5. Maybe a colt 45 or an oversized revolver that fires just crazy big bullets or maybe another flamethrower that's better than Kattom's mk2 flamethrower

6. I'd suggest a mortar but I don't think you can get that crazy with the weapons, how about a Mosin nagant sniper?

7. If we ain't got Bayonets throw them in, right with the trench clubs

8. molotovs, grenades, sticky grenades, dynamite or something like it.

9. Maybe some partially damaged Flack jackets to sell for protection

10. M18 automatic, one of the guns I just remembered it's an automatic rifle with big drum attacthed to it

11. Gas mask, just in case someone tries to gas you

Alecsandr

Dec 11, 2015
Honestly? ...and please forgive me for being cliche:
The LAPD 2019 Blaster Detective Special from Bladerunner

View attachment 8291
i don't know if that would really fit since she's making 'old' guns but i'll consider it since it's possible that it could have popped up before the creation of the ugc and the establishment of Terra in place of earth

ha a dl-44 that shit's illegal in 12 systems

Last edited:

Alecsandr

Dec 11, 2015
1. we already have the 'double barrel' trench shottie, but we could do with an upgrade
2. i was gonna include the maxim as it and the lewis are both close to what we've already seen on Myrellion
3&8. possible but i don't know if those should be more or less included in anno's shop
4. no, as fun as it is in bf1 it won't really be cool in text since the novelty of it is that it's a tiny tiny gun
5. magnum research BFR in 45-70 dressed up as ranger sequoia from fnv was gonna make its way in
6. nagant is totally doable
7. sure why not
9&11. i may eventually do clothing after the gunsmithing but it'll be later and probably not briha
10. you got a link the only think i get when i search an m18 is a drill XD

Reactions: IATIHIA2

Crablord

Jan 18, 2016
i'd honestly just like more melee weapons, it feels like they're lacking in comparison to ranged

an upgraded warden shield
more melee weapons, a particular favorite of mine are the hammers
a greatsword weapon, maybe of the energy variety.
obviously some light sabers
an alternative to the shock gauntlets that are just normal gauntlets so i can be unarmed without electricity.

Alecsandr

Dec 11, 2015
i'd honestly just like more melee weapons, it feels like they're lacking in comparison to ranged

an alternative to the shock gauntlets that are just normal gauntlets so i can be unarmed without electricity.

sorry bud i'm more or less trying to focus on oldschool/current real world weaponry, since it's an ant girl from ww1/2 era planet that's going to be making them, but i could add some good old fashioned brass knucks if you really want to beat the shit outta someone

Violent_Peace

Sep 16, 2015
1. we already have the 'double barrel' trench shottie, but we could do with an upgrade
2. i was gonna include the maxim as it and the lewis are both close to what we've already seen on Myrellion
3&8. possible but i don't know if those should be more or less included in anno's shop
4. no, as fun as it is in bf1 it won't really be cool in text since the novelty of it is that it's a tiny tiny gun
5. magnum research BFR in 45-70 dressed up as ranger sequoia from fnv was gonna make its way in
6. nagant is totally doable
7. sure why not
9&11. i may eventually do clothing after the gunsmithing but it'll be later and probably not briha
10. you got a link the only think i get when i search an m18 is a drill XD

My bad it's the MP18
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MP_18

Also we need more shotguns in the galaxy, maybe throw some fire shells with the double barrel, or was it a pump action since the Trench gun is suppose to be a single barrel.

maybe give'em a Sten too it's another smg from ww1

if it doesn't seem stupid or too much the rifle grenade? it was like a grenade attacked to the front barrel of a rifle, but make it similar to a impact grenade.

Hmm more melee weapons would make sense because of the myr's eyesight problem actually, but they would need something to aid in trench combat and a great sword wouldn't really help them as cool as it would seem, maybe a scrap great sword that was made in Briha's spare time when she wasn't thinking about what she was making and only being able to be used by people with high strength.

and Trenched knives.

Reactions: Crablord

Alecsandr

Dec 11, 2015
MP18, Trench knives.

i could do an smg that could fit for the type 100, mp18, and sten since there isn't many smgs similar to it.
i figured the bayonet would have a trench knife variant, as for the rifle grenade what about an m79.
as for shotguns i was thinking of possibly the spas 12 or the 1897 winchester with 12ga frag or dragon's breath.
as for the greatsword, meh. i love to use them in rpgs and stuff but i don't think it fits here, maybe on uveto or with the nyrean but not the myr

Alecsandr

Dec 11, 2015
damn didn't know the Itailans had Spas12s in the war, must've been shit for anyone attacking them, jk.

I thought this was mostly like ww1 weapons? If not that then I would suggest watching some Forgotten weapons on youtube, you'll find alot of weapons you might want to add in.

https://www.youtube.com/user/ForgottenWeapons/videos

read my first post with the question and it'll make a bit more sense XD. and yeah i watch forgotten weapons, but more or less i'm asking if the vocal majority has a specific set of weapons they'd like to see, i know a handful of people have stated they'd love a thompson smg

Violent_Peace

Sep 16, 2015
Well I would say have like the Thompson and the Mp18 or the Sten, only 2 with very different stats to them then maybe add another to the duo because you don't want to have like 4 smgs and have them all do the same amount of damage and other small side stats.

I would say maybe add the Space gun, the Ljutic space gun is a trap shooting rifle and comes in shotgun variant that was made for trap shooting, it fires like .308 12 ga and 30.30 with a couple other calibers but it can also come in the single shot variant, also on forgotten weapons.

But I would say Think about Briha the character and how she's getting these items or why she's selling them, I hate to sound like that guy, but there would be alot of work to this and might be a bit tough, but maybe like give her a shop or make her have more stuff over time if she's gonna be like Kattom for Myrellion. Also maybe just look at the weapons on myrellion right now and just see what could or should be added.

Alecsandr

Dec 11, 2015
But I would say Think about Briha the character and how she's getting these items or why she's selling them,

i'm writting an xpac for her and lys which explains both of these things and i plan to add the gunsmithing 'shop' after that xpac, mainly my desire for this comes from my disappointment of kattom's shop also it allows me to create unique weapons for people on the forum and hell it may eventually work it's way into being a handfull of guns that you can upgrade as you level up towards the cap

also that space gun is funky looking as hell XD also i did plan on the thompson and the sten/mp18/type100 being different in their roles

Reactions: Violent_Peace

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
I don't use guns as much as possible. I have a little experience with a couple pistols and rifles, but melee and archery is where it's at, partially due to real-world experience with martial arts and archery.

However, I do think the repeater rifle and coach gun on the new Overwatch character are cool. I tend to like SMGs in games where shooting is necessary.

Really though, now that I have the Shock Gear all I could want is a better Shock Bow. My friends would appreciate throwing knives as a ranged weapon for a Smuggler and a big ass sword as a melee weapon for a Merc.

Violent_Peace

Sep 16, 2015
uhh dude first post, ww1 to onwards, I don't think we used bfg 9000s in ww1 or 2 or nam or the cold war.

I think, I think the name of this thread needs to be more fleshed out or less vague about what is being asked for.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Writing weapons is more or less like writing any other piece of equipment. What you need are a long name, a shortened version of the name ( for the tooltip, 12 char limit), a short description (vary brief, like within a half-dozen words), a longer description for the tooltip (50-100 words), and a verb and noun for attacking (i.e. shoot, bullet).

Reactions: Alecsandr

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Maybe some sort of chemical thrower instead of a flamethrower.
Add a couple of variants - like one that uses a modded fuel tank containing synthetic Red-Myr venom for lust based damage (maybe its only available after you unlock the Myr transformative).

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
So there is. Still, a chemical thrower could still be a viable weapon.

Alecsandr

Dec 11, 2015
Writing weapons is more or less like writing any other piece of equipment. What you need are a long name, a shortened version of the name ( for the tooltip, 12 char limit), a short description (vary brief, like within a half-dozen words), a longer description for the tooltip (50-100 words), and a verb and noun for attacking (i.e. shoot, bullet).
i may need an example in the next few days if you're available as i've got a week off and don't seem to have a place to hunt this deer season

Alecsandr

Dec 11, 2015
Okay @Evil so how would formatting a weapon look like cause from what you've explained I see it like this;

Heckler & Koch 417
H&K 417
An old Terran designed military battle rifle
The H&K 417 battle rifle was primarily used as a DMR during its record of service. Although capable of being used in close quarters it's effectiveness was limited due to the rifle's propensity to overpenetrate without the use of expanding ammunition, which was outlawed for use in military conflicts at the time. Briha has outfitted yours with a holo screen dot sight capable of switching between thermal imaging, night vision, and a 'normal' mode.
Shoot, bullet.

Violent_Peace

Sep 16, 2015
hmmm maybe shorten it for a quick description. Like a powerful rifle with a long service record, Briha has outfitted this one with a holo screen dot sight with several vision modes. unless you want a long description.

Alecsandr

Dec 11, 2015
@Violent_Peace

my question is more or less about formating since writing them isn't an issue so much as formating is, and i can't really find an example