What’s going on with the rat raiders encounter?

Sentinel

Aug 8, 2022
I seriously can’t defeat them. I just got my ass handed to me in a battle where they stunned me for 7-10 consecutive turns (I lost count at some point). i even had the flash goggles equipped like that one guide said I should. How do I defeat them? I appreciate a good fight, but this isn’t a fight. It’s me having to spam the recover button while they whittle me down.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
1. You should focus on the odd rat out. But you probably already know that.
2. They have 2 stuns. 1 targets Willpower, the other Physique.

What are your Class, Perks, Equipment and Stats?

Sentinel

Aug 8, 2022
1. You should focus on the odd rat out. But you probably already know that.
2. They have 2 stuns. 1 targets Willpower, the other Physique.

What are your Class, Perks, Equipment and Stats?
I’m an electrician and I dumped everything into willpower, intelligence and aim.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
1. You might be losing to the Physique stun. Have you been taking advantage of Stat training?
2. The Heavy Slut Ray should be available. Stun Chance on weapons is based on the bonus Stat (Physique/Aim), so it's actually fairly reliable. As an Energy Weapon, you can also Overcharge it. Shock Bow is the other Ranged Stun.
3. Do you have the Augment-Weave Armor?
4. Light Jetpack and Trick Bracer might be good ideas for the extra Evasion.

Reactions: Cake

Cake

Sep 7, 2022
Try not to stay on the ground, i think thats the reason you get stunned the most
most enemys can trip you and follow up with a heavy damage attack if you dont get up

i also have the Tech Class and use a very messy strategy:

1. I use the Vamp Blade in this fight and always target the ones with shield to recover my own shield
2. The Charge Shield skill is also good in this fight because they can hurt themself and get blind
3. The ones without a shield i use my battle combat drone to focus them and also use Gravidic Disruptor
for a burst of damage and kinetic damage resistence

Last edited:

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Be lactating. Let them nurse you. Encounter over.
1. That has a failure chance, decreased with Pheromone Perks.
2. It requires a certain percent Fullness. If you don't have Mega Milk, there's no guarantee you'll have enough. Especially if you have a large capacity.
3. You can't befriend them without fighting a few times.

Last edited:

AStrangeGeek

Jul 14, 2022
I love this game, but honestly, this lack of mechanics to limit being locked by repeated stuns and knock-downs is silly. CoC2 does this right, by making you immune to certain types of attacks for a few turns. I'd love to see that implemented here.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
There are some measures to prevent stun-locking but
1. They're per fight, not baked into the combat engine.
2. They don't always work.

I've also noticed that the player can't really stun-lock enemies. Stun Chance weapons seem to be every-other-turn at best. Special Attacks are limited by Energy.
The Rat's Raiders have Energy, but it certainly seems endless when they're chain-Stunning.

Last edited: