was the signet of bravery supposed to be able to allow me to work out my strength and aim beyond 50?

Adda

Jun 23, 2022
Was the signet of bravery supposed to be able to allow me to work out my strength and aim beyond 50? It seems a little vague as my HP go up or down by 25 by taking it on or off (and resting) but not my stats...but,with it on I can work out my stats in excess of 50. The stat is then not effected by taking the ring on or off.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Slow Stat Gain can go above the cap regardless.
At least some sources of stat loss don't seem to apply correctly.

Animefan666

Sep 6, 2020
Check your stats via the Codex. It'll likely show that your max stats haven't actually gone beyond the cap.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Check your stats via the Codex. It'll likely show that your max stats haven't actually gone beyond the cap.
I don't think the Codex stat screen can show stats in excess of the level maximum. Stat effectiveness is capped, even if it's actual value is higher.
For example, on one character, the Codex shows Intelligence 60/60, but the Console shows 121, as does the level-up screen (Dumb4Cum).
Personally, I'd trust the Console (pc.intelligenceRaw).

Animefan666

Sep 6, 2020
I don't think the Codex stat screen can show stats in excess of the level maximum. Stat effectiveness is capped, even if it's actual value is higher.
For example, on one character, the Codex shows Intelligence 60/60, but the Console shows 121, as does the level-up screen (Dumb4Cum).
Personally, I'd trust the Console (pc.intelligenceRaw).
I find the console to be deceptive. For example, on one of my characters, it says they have a Willpower of 55. The Codex says my current and max Willpower is 63, which I know to have been true even before the JS port. The console clearly has some issues that need resolved.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
I find the console to be deceptive. For example, on one of my characters, it says they have a Willpower of 55. The Codex says my current and max Willpower is 63, which I know to have been true even before the JS port. The console clearly has some issues that need resolved.
Is this character a Mercenary? The discrepancy might be Iron Will. If you still have the original save, try loading it in the old Save Editor.
Also: Resolve.

Last edited:

Animefan666

Sep 6, 2020
Is this character a Mercenary? The discrepancy might be Iron Will. If you still have the original save, try loading it in the old Save Editor.
Also: Resolve.
Iron Will alone would put my Willpower at 65, not 63.