Warhammer 40k

ShinyHappyFitsOfRage

Aug 20, 2017
I have something of a grasp on the setting, having read a few novels within it, but have never ventured into any of the games. I'm looking for a possible setting dm, for written rp only, that doesn't mind me playing a beyond the setting and somewhat overpowered character...

Barring that I have a plotline I'm planning out, and looking for someone dedicated to write with. I can dm the setting, though I'll be doing a bit of studying here and there to keep up. It'll not be overly dedicated to smut, like replacing everything and everyone with comical busty milfs, but there will be a heavy erotic element. Still a grim, dark, and darkly humorous romp through one of the most overpowered settings in science fiction. Overpowered characters welcome, but I set a high bar for writing quality, and wish to conduct this rp, preferably, over discord, in several hours long writing sessions, rather than a post a day on the forums. I'm open to scheduling things.

Last edited:

MrPhantom300

Jul 3, 2019
Love Warhammer 40k, recently started reading the Gaunt's Ghosts series, played a couple of the games, and even have a few models mostly Space Marines. I've done text based RPGs for a few years now, never done a one-on-one game before nor have been in a game from the forums, just on Discord and Roll20. I really do love more character driven games than just combat after combat.

I do Have some questions though, is this going to be one long story or multiple stories? And are do you want to have both people have multiple characters going at the same time or the more traditional DM plays multiple and the other person plays just one? Basically I understand your expectations for the other person but what are you planning for the game? Also, if something happens to the other persons schedule, say getting a job or getting into college would you be willing to reschedule? I'm in the EST zone if that helps with anything.

ShinyHappyFitsOfRage

Aug 20, 2017
I come from MUD rping, if that explains anything. Typically, the players agree on an established world in a MUD, and drive story for their main characters within said established universe. In this case, I'm willing to drive most of the story as needed. I'm working up an in game plotline while studying the lore, but the primary focus is on character development, and how the characters react to the world. My own is an outsider to the universe, that I've been writing elsewhere for around fifteen years. I'd equate the character's power with that of the Emperor himself.

As for plotline, where we start would probably depend on your character, whether they're a native to the universe and what their interests are. I'll be writing a lot of npc's and driving plot lines in the background, but will remain focused primarily on this main character. And I know life happens, and am willing to work around scheduling in the future. I'm also EST zone, so that should help with such conflicts.

MrPhantom300

Jul 3, 2019
Ok, this sounds like a pretty cool idea. Like I said I've never done like a one-on-one thing but I'm always willing to try new things, if you'll have me apart of your plotline of course. I really like the focus on characters, speaking of, I do have a few ideas. Most of my lore knowledge pretty much focuses on the Imperium of Man (mostly cause I watch a lot of If the Emperor had a Text to Speech device). I was thinking like maybe a Salamander Space Marine or a Sister of Battle, but I only really know broad knowledge about them and when I really thought about it, not really in the mood to play a space monk (in the actual religious/spiritual sense) or a space nun without all the specific rituals or doctrines. So maybe a Rogue Trader, a low level one maybe from a planet that was just annexed into the Imperium. Of course with some kind of physic power... no sure what yet though.

ShinyHappyFitsOfRage

Aug 20, 2017
If they're a psyker, they're going to have to be either some form of rogue or a slave to the Imperium. My character will be a very powerful outsider, but even he'll have to be careful about how he deals with officials and the like... psykers are extremely closely managed, because of their ties to the warp, after all. People panic to see a psyker, period, because untrained psykers are easy prey for demonic possessions. So, all of those found are controlled... either imprisoned or made into servants in some capacity or other. Some end up joining cults, just to steer clear of whatever fate the imperium would have for them. If you like, you can play an outsider of some sort as well... a powerful visitor to the universe. It's a very grimdark setting, and makes it rather difficult when you want to play someone native to it. Trying to determine how they managed to become strong within the imperium, without being a dogmatic servant of the empire... that's a rare thing.

MrPhantom300

Jul 3, 2019
Yeah... Like I said I do know quite a bit about the lore myself, but I guess I did overlook that fact when their planet was annex, the Inquisition would've probably captured then execute all the adult psykers and then probably shipped off the younger less powerful ones to trained to be sanctioned ones or augmented to be Astropaths... And yeah, playing a die hard Zealot doesn't really sound all that appealing to me... So yeah an outsider might be the best path, the only reason why it wasn't my first pick is because I don't want what I know as a player to affect my character's decisions when they shouldn't know something or my biases effect their decisions.

ShinyHappyFitsOfRage

Aug 20, 2017
I appreciate your desire to keep with the lore! But, I'm not an expert on the setting myself. I do like the atmosphere a lot, but my enjoyment of the setting comes from introducing an external perspective, more than anything. One which has a lot in common with the grim nature of the setting. I feel whatever you want to go with, you'll write it well, and I'm excited to see what you come up with.

ShinyHappyFitsOfRage

Aug 20, 2017
Of course, if you'd like to do a setting more loosely based off the warhammer setting, so that it can be a bit more lighthearted and flexible, that's certainly possible... or just flexible. We can take some time, and hash out details over discord if you prefer.