Vi Accessibility for Trials in tainted space etc

Darkempathy

Jan 3, 2018
Hello.

I am the admin for the site www.audiogames.net, a which provides news and information about games accessible to visually mpared people.

Textual games tend to be extremely accessible on Windows, since Screen reading programs are fine with reading the text. Corruption of champions has been a game which some members of the accessible games community have been playing for a long time, though it's only just getting recognized by others (i'll be glad to add it to our database of accessible games).

I was extremely pleased after playign corruption of Champions to note more similar rpgs available, namely trials in tainted space, fall of eden, and the corruption of champions revamp mod.

Unfortunately, though when i tried Trials in tainted space, I that unlike Corruption of champions there are many buttons in the game (such as the mail and settings button), which do not have textual labels.

Adding labels to controls should not be too difficult from a development perspective, and of course if they are likely to interfere with the look of the display for sighted players they could always be affected by a toggle in settings. If however labels could be added for the buttons that would be very much appreciated.

I confess, I also noticed a similar problem when trying out the Corruption of champions remake mod, namely that the buttons for most, if not all of the choices were not labeled. I am not sure whom is responsable for this mod's development, but since (judging by the wiki), it is a massive expantion to the game, similar labeles could be added that would again be very much appreciated by myself and the rest of the accessible games community.

Thanks in advance, and looking forward to playing through more bizarre alien encounters and even more fun with naughty demons.

All the best,

Dark,

admin, www.audiogames.net.

ShySquare

Sep 3, 2015
Hello! If you want to talk to the devs about accessiblity for the visually impaired, you'd probably have more luck privately messaging them directly (that's the mail-shaped icon in the upper left corner) or tagging them?
Edit: actually on the upper RIGHT corner.

Last edited:

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
Hello! If you want to talk to the devs about accessiblity for the visually impaired, you'd probably have more luck privately messaging them directly (that's the mail-shaped icon in the upper left corner) or tagging them?

This is assuming their mail/message box isn't full. Fen in particular, I remember trying to PM him once and the system wouldn't send the message because fen's box was full.

Darkempathy

Jan 3, 2018
I'll give that a try, though unfortunately this forum isn't as screen reader friendly as it might be, (I'm afraid I wouldn't see the icon, it would depend upon the text on it), still I believe I've found the pm option by changing forum styles and will give that a go.

I could also try a blog comment if needs be.

I do hope this gets sorted, people in the accessible games community are enjoying CoC and so getting Trials in tainted space fully accessible would be great. It's actually most of the way there, it just needs a few more button labels.