Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2

A Random Guy

Sep 13, 2015
So after a decade and a half of rumors and hope for a sequel, Paradox Interactive just dropped a trailer for it and it looks very promising. The main writer and designer of the first game, Brian Mitsoda, is onboard, combat is supposedly much improved, and will be keeping the same dark atmosphere and humor as its predecessor. So far it sounds great but for now I’m going to stay carefully optimistic until some more info is released.

Le trailer:

Klaptrap

Aug 27, 2015
Gonna be honest, I get a little bit worried when they trot out a BIG NAME only to find out they haven't done anything since the thing that made them famous. That's lead to some big dissappointments.

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
Gonna be honest, I get a little bit worried when they trot out a BIG NAME only to find out they haven't done anything since the thing that made them famous. That's lead to some big dissappointments.
Didn't Troika go out of business after Bloodlines? Makes sense that the guy would want to get out the business.

A79

May 18, 2017
Carl's backyard
I must have this, even if I have to buy a totally new machine in order to play it.

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
It would be nice to visit the Last Round and hear leper bitch once more time.

Broedsgaard

Feb 1, 2019
I do recall Paradox making a statement that they wouldn't make it an exclusive. But then again several companies and people have done that before, but i do have quite a bit of good faith towards Paradox.

Stemwinder

Jun 15, 2018
I'm very cautiously optimistic. As famously glitchy as Bloodlines was both of the Vampire games have this charmingly unique undead-punk appeal. I just hope it won't end up being too much of a homogenized experience that's so typical of current games; half the appeal was how differently the clans felt to play.

Preacher

Nov 22, 2016
The most holiest of grounds
Looking forward to it, even if I won't be able to play it until I get a better machine or mutilate the graphics with a crappification axe. While I will probably enjoy the fuck out of it, I'm disappointed that its development has already been tainted. Don't ask me the why and the how, to elaborate would not be healthy for this thread's continued interactive existence.

Last edited:

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Still waiting for the Werewolf the Apocalypse/the Forsaken games...

LEAVE ME TO MY HOPES!

Reactions: Preacher

Broedsgaard

Feb 1, 2019
Tho yeah, it was pretty sweet how different things could be depending on which clan you belonged to, tho feasting on rats as a nosferatu, sucks big time.

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
Bloodlines 2 is going to get made before a World of Darkness MMO.

LOL fuckin' CCCP...

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
I'm very cautiously optimistic. As famously glitchy as Bloodlines was both of the Vampire games have this charmingly unique undead-punk appeal. I just hope it won't end up being too much of a homogenized experience that's so typical of current games; half the appeal was how differently the clans felt to play.
Madness, magic, and sewers are the three highlights off the top of my head. Shame it's so fiddly to run these days.

Broedsgaard

Feb 1, 2019
I don't really remember the magic that well as i mainly used stealth, one thing i can't forget ever tho. Is that completely terrifying Sea Side Hotel.

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
I'm pretty sure that got cancelled after which the whole IP was sold to Paradox, as far as i know, CCP has only made EVE Online.
It was slightly more complicated than that. CCP reallocated personnel working on the WoD project to Eve which lead to development hell and eventually it's demise. To say CCP made a mistake buying White Wolf publishing is an understatement. They simply did not have the personnel to run Eve Online and work on the WoD MMO at the same time and it wouldn't be the first time CCP over reached in development.

Broedsgaard

Feb 1, 2019
It was slightly more complicated than that. CCP reallocated personnel working on the WoD project to Eve which lead to development hell and eventually it's demise. To say CCP made a mistake buying White Wolf publishing is an understatement. They simply did not have the personnel to run Eve Online and work on the WoD MMO at the same time and it wouldn't be the first time CCP over reached in development.
I presume this also means they didn't even want to take a risk by hiring more people, which is pretty sad considering they spend quite a bit of money on the IP.

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
I presume this also means they didn't even want to take a risk by hiring more people, which is pretty sad considering they spend quite a bit of money on the IP.
Normally I'd accuse them of gross mismanagement but if they want to buy an IP, start a project around it and reshuffle personnel off to work on their primary money maker until the other project dies, it's their right.

Broedsgaard

Feb 1, 2019
It just seems rather silly, however i do have a feeling it might have ended up being quite a bit like The Secret World, and for the most part porting a tabletop rpg to a format like a piece of video game software tends to make it a lesser product and it could only really get worse in the format of an MMO.

coldmonkey

May 11, 2016
Brian Mitsoda is back as lead writer, so that's encouraging. On the other hand, to my knowledge he hasn't written anything in particular since VTMB, so who knows if he can still nail it 15 years later.

Broedsgaard

Feb 1, 2019
Brian Mitsoda is back as lead writer, so that's encouraging. On the other hand, to my knowledge he hasn't written anything in particular since VTMB, so who knows if he can still nail it 15 years later.
Well that is pretty great, i just hope he isn't a one hit wonder or get a serious case of writers block, heck i'm not even sure which ending is considered to be canon.

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
Given the development disaster that was WoD MMO and the semi-death of White Wolf publishing over a political thing that we should not talk about here, I'm just glad Paradox didn't kill off VtM altogether.

Rampent Pervect

Aug 21, 2018

Mitsoda developed and did the writing for "Dead State" (along with his wife), so he hasn't been completely idle as far as writing goes.

coldmonkey

May 11, 2016
Interview with Brian and some other guy. Poor Brian looks scared as hell. I guess writers don't get a lot of opportunities to get used to videotaped interviews. Dude looks like he's ready to bolt out of there any moment.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Not quite, especially after the incident last year, White Wolf pretty much only exists in name only now. White Wolf doesn't function as a separate entity from Paradox and is no longer developing or publishing products within the company.

Onyx Path Publishing, while started by several former members of White Wolf, is a licensee of White Wolf's products and bought the rights for publishing the Old World of Darkness, New World of Darkness, Exalted, Scion and Trinity Universe from White Wolf and their former owners CCP.