Valor and glory - New public version 27/01/2019!

Mario

Aug 5, 2016
Glad I can help :)

Here is what I found with the new version so far:

May not be something you can change anything about, but it took forever to download the testversion at 20 kb/s.

Extreme ratios of the program still make it possible to make the text ingame go away, but it was much harder to achieve.
Altough I could read the book of magic its not possible to cast the spell in combat
Mana- and Lustpoints numbers behind the bar graphic disappeared after a while, giving no concrete number anymore, just the bar.
No Monster did a Lustattack (in round about 20 combats I tried)
Woodrunner graphic during combat still has the picture of slime girl in the combat sequence preview
Going up the ladder did not give the forest area immediately, only after a move did the map change and I did not appear on the correct spot on the forest map. The point of map-entry was directly above the ladder square (same coordinates if you would put both maps atop each other). Same happened after I went down the ladder from forest area: I was nearly back at the spawn from the start of the game and not where the ladder should lead.
I managed to generate a 0 health potion slot, meaning there was a 0 number of health potions in the inventory yet a potion was displayed.
It was not possible to merge some of the 3 stacks of health potions to fill up an inventory slot up to 5.
Sleeping in Tavern did not heal the character

EDIT: Just remembered something else: If you win a combat you get some gold pieces in the loot, but the next time you win those are not added to your gold count. Instead the new loot replaces the number of coins you have in your inventory. Meaning you only ever have a number of gp from the loot of your last won fight.

Fixed problems I noticed so far:
Crown icon does not dissappear while moving
partial healing after loss is working
gold-ish level up glow is back and I think there was no longer an issue there with the name or ability scores. +10 hp perk gave +10hp^^
no full healing after removing a equiped item anymore
sandals and pants now in correct slot
Tavern can be entered

I will look into it again today or tomorrow and check other things, so this is not a finished report :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Leopold visette

Mario

Aug 5, 2016
https://abload.de/img/vagmdl0s.png

There you go :) As I said, it was much harder to get a blank text field but still possible

Also I noted, that the transitions from one map to another was glitchy and you jump to the wrong point at the target map.

For the moment the only sexoption after a victory is with the Red Slime Girl, and no other enemy.
All enemies at the surface use the Slime Girls picture
It was not possible to access inventory in combat or use "fantasize"-skill in combat.

Finally: A more mayor issue: Loading the save game seems to change sexual organs from male to female. Gone were dick and balls and in where b-cups and a vagina. Character profile still said something about the character being clearly male ;). I would consider that a bug :D

karunama

Apr 17, 2016
Finally: A more mayor issue: Loading the save game seems to change sexual organs from male to female. Gone were dick and balls and in where b-cups and a vagina. Character profile still said something about the character being clearly male ;). I would consider that a bug :D

That sounds terrifying ;-;

Mario

Aug 5, 2016
That sounds terrifying ;-;

All the more reason to report it as a bug ;) I didn't regocnize it at first and during a sex-scene after a loss I read things I did not expect there to be. At first it seemed as maybe the wrong text was presented but after some more checking I found that issue with the character discription itself.

Leopold visette

Mar 11, 2016
Depends on the 18th. If I get another huge task at the company then it'll be hard to find time.
I only need to finish the spell puzzle, player- and monster ability code though.

Leopold visette

Mar 11, 2016
Game version 0.1.1a - 24/01/2017
The game is now made in Unity3D, which has resulted in an increased filesize on about 20mb, but that's something we'll have to live with.
There's likely to be plenty of bugs in the new version, so I implore you my kind players to inform me should you find one.

New features:
- Two new scenes: The boar can now be "ridden" and the Brownie now has a scene involving voyeur. Both work for male and female players.
- The fighting interface has received a redesign, involving animation and particle effects from the unity tools.
- There's been added a fifth stat: Agility. Agility determines who attacks first, how fast they stack attacks and how well the player is at escaping.
- The two initial customize interfaces has been combined into one.
- The xp meter now has a counter portraying how much xp you currently have.
- Perk screen layout has been changed to fit the new agility perks, and "Halfway out the door" has been changed to an agility perk.
- Player will now be holding their weapons during fights. (Only the stick works currently).
- Saves from previous versions will most certainly not be working.

Fixes:
- Fixed a bug involving the cumquat continuesly adding "fae" entries in beastiary.

Notes:
- There's a good amount of graphics missing. I'll probably spend the next weeks adding all the sprites and items for the fighting interface.

Last edited:

karunama

Apr 17, 2016
I'll have to give it a go :).

Congratulations on getting it working in Unity.

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016
Still gotta get together on that thing, bud.

Mario

Aug 5, 2016
Ahoi

Yay for the update :)

Here are some bugs I found:

- Save game screen shows only "Name1" as player name with the starting values in a saved game, not the actual level and stats. Loading the saved game returned the proper character with level and stats, though.
- Crafting an armor item removed ALL leafy things from the inventory (in this case 18) instead of the proper amount (3, for example for footwear)
- The biggest one: After I bought the Feablade from the dwarf I stepped out of the Tavern and the game became very glitchy. I had an immediate encounter with ... no one and could only load a game because fleeing from it was impossible (as was any other action). Loading a game returned me to the proper place where I saved the game in the Dungeons but every step thereafter let me jump between forest and dungeon back and forth until I ended up in a blank dungeon with no rooms and no way to move anymore.

Sreenshot of the empty encounter: https://abload.de/img/vog137ad8.png
Screenshot of the empty dungeon: https://abload.de/img/vog2imjbj.png

I hope this is helpful :)

Leopold visette

Mar 11, 2016
Ahoi

Yay for the update :)

Here are some bugs I found:

- Save game screen shows only "Name1" as player name with the starting values in a saved game, not the actual level and stats. Loading the saved game returned the proper character with level and stats, though.
- Crafting an armor item removed ALL leafy things from the inventory (in this case 18) instead of the proper amount (3, for example for footwear)
- The biggest one: After I bought the Feablade from the dwarf I stepped out of the Tavern and the game became very glitchy. I had an immediate encounter with ... no one and could only load a game because fleeing from it was impossible (as was any other action). Loading a game returned me to the proper place where I saved the game in the Dungeons but every step thereafter let me jump between forest and dungeon back and forth until I ended up in a blank dungeon with no rooms and no way to move anymore.

Sreenshot of the empty encounter: https://abload.de/img/vog137ad8.png
Screenshot of the empty dungeon: https://abload.de/img/vog2imjbj.png

I hope this is helpful :)

Thanks man! That game breaker bug sounds awful. Will put that down as priority 1. Keep up the good work!

It seems I can now run it in Windows XP. Wahey!

That's great to hear! :) I love to hear when things work, as a change to the bugs :p

karunama

Apr 17, 2016
I can confirm the Fae Blade bug, but I was able to get out of the battle by clicking the map button up top. All other encounters were identical after that, and saving seemed broken as well. I also had a bug occur such that in battle, health potions can't be used, and the red gels seemed to be healing as though they were potions, rather than gels.

Leopold visette

Mar 11, 2016
I can confirm the Fae Blade bug, but I was able to get out of the battle by clicking the map button up top. All other encounters were identical after that, and saving seemed broken as well. I also had a bug occur such that in battle, health potions can't be used, and the red gels seemed to be healing as though they were potions, rather than gels.

Thank you! I'll add it to the list of bugs ^^

Leopold visette

Mar 11, 2016
Game version 0.1.1b - 25-01-2017
Fixes:
- I have tried fixing the saving issue, thinking it have to do with serialization. If it persists please inform me :)
- Hopefully fixed the issue with equipping the faeblade resulting in crashing the combat. Again, contact me if not.
- Fixed an issue where going to options would restore your life.
- Fixed an issue with text alignment on journal entries.
- Fixed an alignment issue of the fighting victory graphic.
- Fixed a bug where combat debuffs lasted after the fight was over.
- Fixed an issue with the match not being over even when the player was at zero health.
- Fixed a bug where the game would sometimes not show the new instantiated win- or lost fight buttons and graphics.
- Fixed an issue with the brownie voyeur story only showing the first half of the intercourse.
- Fixed a bug where sleeping at the tavern didn't restore health or mana.
- Fixed an issue where the option to buy ballads from Symphony wasn't available.
- Fixed an issue where the stat and time didn't update at certain events in the tavern.
- Fixed a bug that prevented players from using items in fights.
- Fixed a bug where crafting would consume all your 5 stacks of the needed material.
- Fixed an alignment issue with the options title.
- Fixed the toggle music checkbox.
- Made the naming on empty saves more clear.

Lunarian

Oct 19, 2016
Since I saw someone saying it works on XP now, I just tried it myself. Nice game.
Two things though.
First, after I equiped a weapon, the avatar is now holding a very long plank almost has as long as the screen. Even if it was a small dagger.
Second, no matter what I do it won't let me finish the boar quest. It keeps saying I need an empty inventory space. I had it, I even tried selling everything and taking all items/equip into trash. It still says I need space.

Leopold visette

Mar 11, 2016
Since I saw someone saying it works on XP now, I just tried it myself. Nice game.
Two things though.
First, after I equiped a weapon, the avatar is now holding a very long plank almost has as long as the screen. Even if it was a small dagger.
Second, no matter what I do it won't let me finish the boar quest. It keeps saying I need an empty inventory space. I had it, I even tried selling everything and taking all items/equip into trash. It still says I need space.

Thanks for telling me :) I'll have a look into it.

KingBBC

Nov 1, 2016
Looks like you are holding a huge plank when equipping the Faeblade.

15oukq1.jpg

Also, Ealins (Elf in Tavern) quest regarding Hunting Boars. It says i need a clear inventory-space to complete the Quest even though i have lots of room.

Last edited:

Leopold visette

Mar 11, 2016
Game version 0.1.1c - 05/02/2017
New features:
- Added that the player holds his equipped weapon/shield during fights.
- Added a new backdrop for forest and corrupted forest combat.
- Added in a locations journal on the ruins, a patreon poll winner long overdue. Get it by leaving the start dungeon.
- Got the crafting sounds effects back into the game.
- Added some introduction and defeat text for the boar encounter.

Fixes:
- Should have fixed the issue with the player holding the bottombar as a weapon during combat.
- Fixed a whole lot of bugs around how the monster applies statuseffects.
- IMPORTANT!! Had to rework how collecable quests work to fix the boar quest, so saves with players already having said quest won't work anymore.

Notes:
- IMPORTANT!! If you're using a save where you character had a weapon or shield equipped, unequip and re-equip them before entering combat. This should make the saves still function.
- Currently, the player will run over and punch the enemy even if equipped with a weapon or bow. This will be changed later once I get the animations and scripting done.
- Busy week. Big sis had a baby, so I got a little too caught up in the moment to do my weekend programming. That's why it's a small update this time :p

muttdoggy

Mar 23, 2016
It's always a small update when a small human pops out! Don't worry. You've got about 2 years before that small human hamstrings you! LMAO

Reactions: Leopold visette

Leopold visette

Mar 11, 2016
Game version 0.1.1d - 17/02/2017
New features:
- Added a new sprite for the boar and forest golem. Only has an idle animation at the moment.
- Added a new Symph banging scene for both male and female players.
- Added a fighting animation for ranged- and close combat weapons.

Fixes:
- Fixed an issue with the game over menu buttons not working.
- Fixed an issue where the player dead animation would play twice.
- Fixed a bug where entering the pub would refill hp, mp.
- Fixed a bug where only half of Symph's blowjob scene were showing

Leopold visette

Mar 11, 2016
Game version 0.1.1e - 06/03/2017

New features:
- Added the gate guard character. Is located on the drawing bridge in the farmlands. His scenes don't take you into the city, since it's still in development.
- The gate guard has two sex scenes: A blowjob scene for both male and female, and an anal scene for male players.
- Added in the brownie sprite. Only has its idle animation currently.
- Gave the ratling an idle animation, because he felt left out.
- Decreased the monster's strength somewhat. I need to remember to look at from a fresh player's perspective, and yes they've might have a bit harsh in terms of flat attack damage.

Fixes:
- Hopefully fixed a bug where the map would space out and start showing other areas. If this still happen, please do tell.
- Fixed a bug where losing to a boss, reloading and then winning would result in a blank screen.
- Should have fixed at bug where using items during combat wouldn't remove said item from the inventory.

Notes:
- The guard anal scene is a submissive players scene and the previous months patreon winner.

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016
Game version 0.1.1e - 06/03/2017

New features:
- Added the gate guard character. Is located on the drawing bridge in the farmlands. His scenes don't take you into the city, since it's still in development.
- The gate guard has two sex scenes: A blowjob scene for both male and female, and an anal scene for male players.
- Added in the brownie sprite. Only has its idle animation currently.
- Gave the ratling an idle animation, because he felt left out.
- Decreased the monster's strength somewhat. I need to remember to look at from a fresh player's perspective, and yes they've might have a bit harsh in terms of flat attack damage.

Fixes:
- Hopefully fixed a bug where the map would space out and start showing other areas. If this still happen, please do tell.
- Fixed a bug where losing to a boss, reloading and then winning would result in a blank screen.
- Should have fixed at bug where using items during combat wouldn't remove said item from the inventory.

Notes:
- The guard anal scene is a submissive players scene and the previous months patreon winner.
Nice =3=

Leopold visette

Mar 11, 2016
Game version 0.1.1f - 22/03/2017
New features:
- Added a new victory scene for when defeating the Wood runner. +30 lust required.
- Added new sprites for the Wood runner and the Slime girl. Both only have idles for now.
- Added a bunch of new perks for the player to choose from when leveling up. The more powerful ones comes around the 25-30 stat amount.
- Increased max level from 7 to 10

Fixes:
- Fixed an error where the special effect would mess up their positioning.

Notes:
- The woodrunner scene is previous months M/F patreon winner.
- Currently have a poll running on patreon if the next focus of the game should be on sprites for the other races, or the next area. Join fast to put your vote down :)

Akhter13

Aug 30, 2015
Tried the latest update and enjoyed it, kudos! I particularly was pleasantly surprised by the new battle ui [The Figure equipping items is a nice touch].
As regarding constructive criticism
  • When you complete a Quest rather than it disappearing from your journal if it changed color and possibly listed the reward
  • when you mouse over a consumable like say the spell book if a tool-tip said double click to learn [you would not believe how long that took me to work out]
  • the text box in the battle ui if it automatically scrolled to the last entry
I hope this is helpful

Leopold visette

Mar 11, 2016
Tried the latest update and enjoyed it, kudos! I particularly was pleasantly surprised by the new battle ui [The Figure equipping items is a nice touch].
As regarding constructive criticism
  • When you complete a Quest rather than it disappearing from your journal if it changed color and possibly listed the reward
  • when you mouse over a consumable like say the spell book if a tool-tip said double click to learn [you would not believe how long that took me to work out]
  • the text box in the battle ui if it automatically scrolled to the last entry
I hope this is helpful

Any feedback is much valued :) Your third one has been requested several times, so I think it's high time I made room for it in the schedule.
Thanks again for enjoying the game

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016
Finally got around to playing the most recent build. More correctly, playing it since the new engine choice. While I think the engine is great, it seems almost ridiculously long to go through combat. It might just be my DL, but there was a lot of forced wait time during combat (animations maybe?) and genuinely the combat UI seemed lacking for cues for when you could immediately begin your next action.

The latter one was less of an issue as I kept playing, but the prior must have some fix solution? Maybe a disable animation option of some sort?

Aside from that, the new scenes were nice to see. Hoping to hear back on that offer I made, especially seeing how close we are to the city arriving. Seems prime for all sorts of content to be flooded in!

Leopold visette

Mar 11, 2016
Finally got around to playing the most recent build. More correctly, playing it since the new engine choice. While I think the engine is great, it seems almost ridiculously long to go through combat. It might just be my DL, but there was a lot of forced wait time during combat (animations maybe?) and genuinely the combat UI seemed lacking for cues for when you could immediately begin your next action.

The latter one was less of an issue as I kept playing, but the prior must have some fix solution? Maybe a disable animation option of some sort?

Aside from that, the new scenes were nice to see. Hoping to hear back on that offer I made, especially seeing how close we are to the city arriving. Seems prime for all sorts of content to be flooded in!
A fair point. I'll figure out something about making it possible to skip the animations :)