Valor and glory - New public version 27/01/2019!

karunama

Apr 17, 2016
Yeah. This game is free and it's hosted on full speed sites.

That dork took that and put it up on a slow ass site unless you pay for membership of which he gets a cut of the pie. He's making money of a free game and if people don't know any better, they're helping this guy get money. That's why I put info on there redirecting them to the Valor and Glory site. That usually lowers their traffic only if the people coming across take the time to read the comments at the bottom.

If you're gonna be a pirate, why not set it up so you can make it a free highspeed download with a link to Leopold's site? The people coming across that will thank you because if they had any questions or got stuck, you've just told them "go here and he will help you!"

I'll be honest with you; I'm a total pirate.  I will steal any game made by EA without the slightest bit of hesitation or doubt.  Guilt?  For robbing EA?  Never, not in a million years.  That said, I actually *am* paying for this game.  I just think you should support the creators who are *worth* supporting.

muttdoggy

Mar 23, 2016
Exactly right. I wear an eyepatch myself. But I wouldn't dare dream of ripping off those are making good art and games. Like that that furry guy that runs this thread... he's doing good work.

Panth

May 22, 2016
I'll be honest with you; I'm a total pirate.  I will steal any game made by EA without the slightest bit of hesitation or doubt.  Guilt?  For robbing EA?  Never, not in a million years.  That said, I actually *am* paying for this game.  I just think you should support the creators who are *worth* supporting.

Oh, hey! I do the same, except for steam-only games.

karunama

Apr 17, 2016
Exactly right. I wear an eyepatch myself. But I wouldn't dare dream of ripping off those are making good art and games. Like that that furry guy that runs this thread... he's doing good work.

This is contrary to the norm, but tbh, the fact that it's free makes me more likely to pay actual money for it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Leopold visette

Mar 11, 2016
Game version 0.0.2g - 27/10/2016
New features:
- The new M/M patreon scene is in! Take on the forest golem for some messy fun.
- The brownie rape scene has been changed since the old story didn't fit well. The new scene is very much femdom. 
- Added a website and a patreon link to the front page. Should someone get the game from a unsafe source, at least I can direct them to the proper one. 

Fixes:
- Fixed a bug where you could stack stats by switching gear - thanks to person reporting this.
- Fixed a bug where you could dual wield without having picked the perk for it.

Notes:
- There's a stolen version of the game out on the webs. Remember to get the game from the website or properly virus-scan the files before unzipping.

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016
Game version 0.0.2g - 27/10/2016
New features:
- The brownie rape scene has been changed since the old story didn't fit well. The new scene is very much femdom. 
- Added a website and a patreon link to the front page. Should someone get the game from a unsafe source, at least I can direct them to the proper one. 

Fixes:
- Fixed a bug where you could stack stats by switching gear - thanks to person reporting this.

Notes:
- There's a stolen version of the game out on the webs. Remember to get the game from the website or properly virus-scan the files before unzipping.

Hooooooooooooooooooooooold up. New M/M scene? Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood.

IvoryOwl

Sep 1, 2015
To see an indie game such as this one getting pirated when it was barely advertised to the world its a almost a reward on its own. Means your game has reached a certain degree of popularity for people to bother uploading it... so although it is bad, it is also good on its own way.

muttdoggy

Mar 23, 2016
To see an indie game such as this one, getting pirated, when it was barely advertised to the world, its a almost a reward on its own. Means your game has reached a certain degree of popularity for people to bother uploading it... so although it is bad, it is also good on its own way.

Exactly my thoughts!  :agreed:

Leopold visette

Mar 11, 2016
To see an indie game such as this one, getting pirated, when it was barely advertised to the world, its a almost a reward on its own. Means your game has reached a certain degree of popularity for people to bother uploading it... so although it is bad, it is also good on its own way.

So.. It's a "any publicity is good publicity" scenario?

IvoryOwl

Sep 1, 2015
So.. It's a "any publicity is good publicity" scenario?

Think about it this way - when you advertise something as "bad" you're still giving that object a spotlight that may peak people's interest into seeing it for themselves. I'm not saying its the situation here (your game is actually good!) but my point is that even bad publicity can sometimes do the opposite of what it was intended to, instead of shooing people away it becomes an oddity that attracts them. A torrent means your file is spreading outside of these forums and that means more people have a chance of stumbling into it, by chance or not, and more people means the possibility of having extra patreons. Some people say torrents steal profits but in your case, considering the game is already free, you only stand to gain if it works out!

Leopold visette

Mar 11, 2016
Think about it this way - when you advertise something as "bad" you're still giving that object a spotlight that may peak people's interest into seeing it for themselves. I'm not saying its the situation here (your game is actually good!) but my point is that even bad publicity can sometimes do the opposite of what it was intended to, instead of shooing people away it becomes an oddity that attracts them. A torrent means your file is spreading outside of these forums and that means more people have a chance of stumbling into it, by chance or not, and more people means the possibility of having extra patreons. Some people say torrents steal profits but in your case, considering the game is already free, you only stand to gain if it works out!

That is actually preeeetty cool if it works like that. On a different matter, It is heartwarming to feel the kindness of the people on this forum. Be it friendliness by pointing out things to me, explaining stuff or by helping me improve the game. Thank ye all!

Word.

KingBBC

Nov 1, 2016
Greetings.

My name is Leopold Visette, small time artist over on FA, and I've wanted for a long time to create something beside drawings. Today I'm presenting my pet project - Valor and glory (VaG), a heavily inspired CoC dungeon crawler with combat, character customization and hopefully plenty of smut to come. 

Get the game at: www.valorandglory.com

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game version 0.0.2g - 27/10/2016
New features:

Fixes:

Notes:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View attachment 5210  View attachment 5274

Support Valor and Glory on patreon: www.patreon.com/valorandglory

Super game Leopold!

Looking forward to the next update, maybe a level-increase up to level 10?

Great work!

Leopold visette

Mar 11, 2016
Super game Leopold!

Looking forward to the next update, maybe a level-increase up to level 10?

Great work!

Thanks man. Apologies for the slow response. We might be able to raise the level cap. Either that or it's sure to be raised once the next area gets into production :)

Leopold visette

Mar 11, 2016
Hey people.

Apologies for a month of silence. I really wanted to surprise people with something special, but sadly I was unable to reach my goal of doing so in one month. I'm currently working on re-creating the game i Unity3D and leave the old .net version, for a number of reasons really, and I was hoping for today to be like "Bam!" here's the improved version everyone! Sadly, me not knowing too much Unity and November being like the busiest month of the year (6 relatives choosing to have their kids this darn month... All this birthday cake making my waistline suffer as much as my free time!) having resulted in me not getting as far as I wanted to be.

I've got a blackboard where I cross of everything that needs implementation, and currently it looks similar to this:
- Start screen: 100%!
- Customize screen: 100%!
- Story screen: 70% (A lot of text to copy over)
- Map screen: 90% (have yet to make the buttons on each tile link to their proper scene)
- Character screen: 100%!
- Perk screen: 60% (haven't yet programmed the perk system)
- Inventory screen: 100%!
- Quick travel screen: 100%!
- Journal screen: 90% (some minor improvements that needs to handled)
- Crafting screen: 100%!
- Save screen: 100%!
- Options screen: 40% (needs mute function and upload profile function)

---- Yet to be made ----

Fighting interface (currently working on), Level up screen, hub areas (tavern and farm), Victory screen & lose screen, circle puzzle, sounds and music.

So, yeah, bittersweet really, but I'm loving how the new version is coming along. Should anyone want to test it, I can put up a link somewhere for download.

Akhter13

Aug 30, 2015
Should the monster Journal have so many Fae Spirits
upload_2016-12-8_21-57-24.png

apro po of nothing is LvL7 max 'cos I seem to have had a ful bar for so long [a hover over xxxx/yyyyy xp might be nice]

Leopold visette

Mar 11, 2016
Should the monster Journal have so many Fae Spirits
View attachment 3218

apro po of nothing is LvL7 max 'cos I seem to have had a ful bar for so long [a hover over xxxx/yyyyy xp might be nice]

Nah, that's an error on my part. I had actually forgotten about the error, so thanks for reminding me :) I'll fix it in the new version.
The xp bar numbers is a pretty damn nice idea! I'm gonna add that :D

KingBBC

Nov 1, 2016
Been anticipating the next update. Looking forward to the Unity-version!

Hopefully with lvl 10 implemented as well. :D

Keep up the good work Leopold!

Leopold visette

Mar 11, 2016
It's still gonna take a while sadly (christmas time + work you know), but there's something you could help me out with: finding bugs. And get a sneak peek on some of the new features coming with the unity version of course ;)
Big interest I have is how the UI scale on your screens, as I've currently only have tested it on one resolution.
Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/dowkktwycf1yfw3/ValorAndGlory.zip
(The file size has grown to a whooping 28mb, but that's Unity's way of compiling ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ )

Mario

Aug 5, 2016
Ahoi

gave it a go and noticed the following issues:

The crown representing your character becomes invisible at times at the map. It takes a bit of clicking to make it appear again, near where it vanished.
Pants and sandals had their inventory slot switched
You can't use items in your inventory like the Book of Magic or Healing potion
unless crafting has changed, I was not able to make a new Healing potion although I had two red slimes
partial Healing after a loss did not happen, (likewise no health gain for wandering around). I did however get full health for some reason after tinkering around in the inventory a bit
could not enter tavern
Woodguy on surface had slime girl pic appearing in the combat turn order display

Those where the things I noticed. Overall, the improved seems veeeeeeeeeeeery nice, especially the new combat looks awesome :) Fairly unique even for a small (as of yet) game like this. :)

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
On 4k screen elements are too small. And elements are misplaced and with warped proportions.

I hope it would be possible to disable combat animation. And purple shadow IMO doesn't work. It still implies body proportions.

Leopold visette

Mar 11, 2016
Ahoi

gave it a go and noticed the following issues:

The crown representing your character becomes invisible at times at the map. It takes a bit of clicking to make it appear again, near where it vanished.
Pants and sandals had their inventory slot switched
You can't use items in your inventory like the Book of Magic or Healing potion
unless crafting has changed, I was not able to make a new Healing potion although I had two red slimes
partial Healing after a loss did not happen, (likewise no health gain for wandering around). I did however get full health for some reason after tinkering around in the inventory a bit
could not enter tavern
Woodguy on surface had slime girl pic appearing in the combat turn order display

Those where the things I noticed. Overall, the improved seems veeeeeeeeeeeery nice, especially the new combat looks awesome :) Fairly unique even for a small (as of yet) game like this. :)

Thanks for the feedback mate. It's much appreciated! You've mentioned some bugs I wasn't aware of so that's a wonderful plus.
Did you have any issues with the rescalable UI though?

KingBBC

Nov 1, 2016
Can't enter Tavern.
Can't enter Spider-Cave (in first area)
Cannot Flee during combat (or use Abilities or Items).
Cannot use Items via Inventory.

Mario

Aug 5, 2016
some more bugs:

Rescaling the program lead to blank text passages ... meaning nothing was to read there at all where usually text passages would be seen
if not on full screen mode, the buttons for sex choices after a victory hovered partially over the fluff text
Level up was not indicated by a gold-ish glow of the character button (which I think it was in the old version)
It required several clicks on the level up field to acutally reach the level up screen
Character name during level up was shown as "SomeName"
when distributing the ability points during the level up you raise all three last abilities (agility, endurance, charm) if you raise agility by one
the perk with +10 hp did not actually give 10 hp

Also i found out how to insta heal: just remove the foot wear and BANG ... full-hp again.

Leopold visette

Mar 11, 2016
some more bugs:

Rescaling the program lead to blank text passages ... meaning nothing was to read there at all where usually text passages would be seen
if not on full screen mode, the buttons for sex choices after a victory hovered partially over the fluff text
Level up was not indicated by a gold-ish glow of the character button (which I think it was in the old version)
It required several clicks on the level up field to acutally reach the level up screen
Character name during level up was shown as "SomeName"
when distributing the ability points during the level up you raise all three last abilities (agility, endurance, charm) if you raise agility by one
the perk with +10 hp did not actually give 10 hp

Also i found out how to insta heal: just remove the foot wear and BANG ... full-hp again.

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016
Might be up for writing some free, custom content since I'm starting to float around the forums more. Let me know what you think @Leopold visette. It'll probably be some gay stuff or something and I know you're wanting art for each scene or whatever, so we can talk about it whenever you got the time. I might not get paid for the scene, but the game is picking up pace and helping it fill out content-wise is too tempting. Not to mention it's been ages since I got to smut-out some content for one of my favorite adult-oriented games.

karunama

Apr 17, 2016
Same as @BubbleLord. Also, as long as it's not filled with tits and vags, I can always do some proofreading/editing for ya, if ya need. :)

Leopold visette

Mar 11, 2016
@Mario You were like the golden bug hunter; could you test this version? http://www.mediafire.com/file/sdhah8tx7lms91i/ValorAndGlory_Test.zip
I haven't had time to implement status effects, the spider boss fight or the last combat mechanics (plus some perks), but anyone that could help me squish the nasty bugs I've missed, I'd be thankful to.

@BubbleLord @karunama That sounds amazing you guys :D Not being one to rub "swords" with other males, those scenes are the hardest to get right :p

(For some reason, I'm not getting notifications when someone post here anymore, so I can be a little slow on the response ^^; )