Urta and Edryn Missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vwempwarmpf

Oct 5, 2015
*possible minor spoilers*

I did the Urta fertility quest and and the end chose impregnate Edryn and now they both seem to be gone from the game. I waited 20 in game days and I never heard from either of them.

Is this a bug? Is there no scene implemented for this option or did I just not wait long enough? Or is there something else I have to do to get them to show up again?

If it helps, I did edit my save file to get unlock Tel'Adre and the Bazaar early and 100% affection with Urta, I left everything else intact. 

Gedan

BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
A save to look at would be mighty useful.

hatternumber0

Aug 27, 2015
So there does seem to be a bug with your save file or the game, which thankfully can be easily fixed. Grab the save editor (http://fenoxo.com/forum/index.php?/topic/57-coced-a-save-editor/), and open your save file via Open > Import...

Then, click the Raw Data tab and search Edryn

On the list, there should be a flag called EDRYN_PREGNANT_AND_NOT_TOLD_PC_YET, which has a blank box

Click the box on the end of its line and type 1

Then click the tab Save As > External > 'Whatever your save file was'

Open the save and wait a couple of days and an automatic scene should start with Edryn and Urta. You now should be able to greet them in the bar in their normal times.

The problem was, the game doesn't let you talk to Edryn unless she has either told you about her pregnancy (value = 1) or not told you (value = 0). The flag on your save was blank so in the end, CoC ignored it. And because the game didnt think she'd told you about her pregnancy, it put the birth timer on permenant hold. And until the birth scene happens (which it wouldn't) Urta would not be available.

This might have happened from the Urta fertility quest not setting a value for that flag when giving Edryn a special pregnancy or from accidently changing something in the save editor yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vwempwarmpf

Oct 5, 2015
OK, I got the scene. I don't think I did anything when I edited my save to cause this, but I might be wrong. I'll try getting the scene without editing the save to see if anything different happens.

Vwempwarmpf

Oct 5, 2015
Well that was easy, I just started a new game and completed Urta's quest without using the save editor, chose impregnate Edryn, and they still don't show up. I guess it's a glitch in the game. 

Gedan

BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Fixed through a PR I accepted a few hours ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.