[Unity] Noemi's Toscana Rebirth (Nice Time for Roo)

CobraPL

Nov 14, 2017
CHARS_Frankie_Initial_Marketing_All_smaller.jpg
Guys, we have interesting Nice Time for Roo game here:
Official Discord Channel - https://discord.gg/ed88jJ
Description there: https://www.patreon.com/posts/we-have-noemis-16828229
Link to free demo there: https://www.patreon.com/posts/Nice Time for Roo-origins-noe-17532830

Quite high quality. Good English, good renders. Story seems OK. I pledged to support them.

So, right off the bat, let’s talk about what to expect from this project. As the name suggests, Nice Time for Roo will involve the Nice Time for Roo fetish (from now on this Patreon will refer to the Project using all caps, Nice Time for Roo, and the fetish in all lowercase, Nice Time for Roo). It will include instances of Nice Time for Roo type A and type B, but more so it will involve Cuckoldry and Hotwifing. It will also encompass the build up, the corruption (we like to think of 'Nerve' as the positive version of corruption) and the taboo that goes with these fetishes.

Our heroine Noemi (call her Noe, everyone else does) is the only child of an Italian (Florentine) immigrant to the USA, who is also a self made entrepreneur and chef. She runs her own restaurant in a small neighbourhood in suburban Philadelphia with her fiancé Brad and her long-term waitresses, who are like sisters to her. Life has been good to her… too good. It all comes crashing down around her when her father is sent to an early grave and his secret debts come to light. As his only heir, they become Noe's and just like that she is under a burden of a 6-figure payment. That's not her only problem however as the biggest chain restaurant in town opens its dozenth location just across the street. She learns first hand how cut throat the food business can be at the hands of Mr. Baines and his chain “Salvatore's Deli”. Noe shows us just how hard it is to fight off crushing debt and a lecherous, treacherous rival restaurateur all while trying to keep her dream shop open. She's by no means alone however as her eternally optimistic fiancé, a trio of trainee waitresses (Kriem, Frankie and Kelsey), and her last remaining regular, the grizzled ex-cop 'Old Roy' all back her up in the head-to-head with the world. Will she make it to her long awaited wedding day? And will she be the same person as she was when all this began? That's up to you now, isn't it!? C'mon by 'Little Toscana' and see what we're serving up!

Nice images (renders) behind those spoilers :)
Sofa_All_Girls_smaller.jpg
Final_Render_smaller.jpg

Last edited:

Obscure

Sep 13, 2015
No game play yet.

Are you guys planning to make a branching visual novel or a management game?

And why aren't you guys using ren'py?

Reactions: Nephilim_Anunnaki

CobraPL

Nov 14, 2017
So, there is some clarification I received on official Disord channel:
Nice Time for Roo (game name, not genre) consist of:
1. "Nice Time for Roo (The game)"
Main game, with gameplay, choices etc. There is only one (female) protagonist here - Noe.
2. "The Nice Time for Roo Origin Stories"
Kinetic novels (no choices) introducing main characters (these characters are/will be protagonist there).

So (free) game link we have is to one of few Nice Time for Roo Origin Stories and do not represent main game's gameplay.

@Obscure authors said that there will be no management gameplay. REN'PY may be enough for Nice Time for Roo:OS but it looks like authors use hard to code (in REN'PY) techniques in Nice Time for Roo (The game).

Nephilim_Anunnaki

Sep 7, 2015
No game play yet.

Are you guys planning to make a branching visual novel or a management game?

And why aren't you guys using ren'py?

My throughts exactly.

So, there is some clarification I received on official Disord channel:
Nice Time for Roo (game name, not genre) consist of:
1. "Nice Time for Roo (The game)"
Main game, with gameplay, choices etc. There is only one (female) protagonist here - Noe.
2. "The Nice Time for Roo Origin Stories"
Kinetic novels (no choices) introducing main characters (these characters are/will be protagonist there).

So (free) game link we have is to one of few Nice Time for Roo Origin Stories and do not represent main game's gameplay.

@Obscure authors said that there will be no management gameplay. REN'PY may be enough for Nice Time for Roo:OS but it looks like authors use hard to code (in REN'PY) techniques in Nice Time for Roo (The game).

Well that may come to confussion...

bewilder

May 14, 2018
My throughts exactly.

Well that may come to confussion...

Hey there everyone, Dev here! Cheers for starting up a conversation about our stuff!

To Nephilim_Anunnaki's post, what may come to confusion? Do tell, I'm not quite sure what your getting at.

To Obsure's post, we have gameplay in the Nice Time for Roo game, the Origin Mini-VNs are just that, a short story set up VN and an engine test. You can seee the tutorial pop up panel for the gameplay here: Gameplay Tutorial . You can also find our decision UI (made with test assets from the Mini-VN so as not to spoil content) that is already live and working in the game here too: Decision UI .
It's thing like that that make it not suitable for Ren'py, not to mention we're building up our code base for more ambition games in future.

Hope that's all been of interest to you guys.

All the best!

-beWilder

Reactions: CobraPL

Obscure

Sep 13, 2015
To Nephilim_Anunnaki's post, what may come to confusion? Do tell, I'm not quite sure what your getting at.

The demo linked in the Original Post is the kinetic novel and not the game. This of course leads to confusion about if you are producing kinetic novels or games.

The answer is apparently 'both'. This question has been answered sufficiently.

We are probably going to see this question pop up again. Thus confusion.

But uh... What is the gameplay? Just so as people can know.

Reactions: Nephilim_Anunnaki

bewilder

May 14, 2018
The demo linked in the Original Post is the kinetic novel and not the game. This of course leads to confusion about if you are producing kinetic novels or games.

Well, the game mixes stats building through choices and downtime activites in the VN sections, but a large part of the game is in paying off Noe's debt and paying her employees Kriem, Frankie and Kelsey. That takes place during a mini-game that is optional. To describe that in simple terms, thing of it like the classic Tapper, but with 2 girls running the shop at a time. Its got a little more going on but it resembles that set up pretty well.

Cheers man, hope that helps

Nephilim_Anunnaki

Sep 7, 2015

Seems @Obscure understood me perfectly.

bewilder

May 14, 2018
Hey there everyone! Been a long, long while!

We're back again though, because at long last we've got a public build of the main Noemi's Toscana Rebirth game to share with everyone!

It can be found publicly released here, and the prequel Mini-VN introduction to the whole shebang too!

We've been hard at work developing the game, and the other one in the same shared universe (Agents of Heels), since this thread was opened. We hope y'all enjoy the game and that we'll see you around for future releases! v0.4 will be coming up before the end of the year!

All the best guys and gals!

- Unshi and Spook of beWilder!

bewilder

May 14, 2018
Hey there all, we wanted to drop in on today of all great days to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

To celebrate, have some Kelsey and some Kate! All the best folks!

YyDpzCy.jpg

bewilder

May 14, 2018
Hey-ho folks and friends... been a while, huh? Never fear, we've bee around and working hard.

After a quick check in and peek around the forums, we noticed to our surprise we've not splashed the most recent update right here... shame on us. We'll fix that right now!

Here's the most recent public version of Noemi's Toscana Rebirth! It's at last up to v0.2 to all our public fans, so why not leave it here for those who'd like a taste of the fun?

Find it here, amongst all our other goodies! And if you like this, don't forget about our Agents of Heels that recently made it to v0.10.5 too, with full update 11 on the way!

All the best to you all then so, and here, have a sweet HD profile pic of our leading lady to make up for our time away! See you soon!

U6MrvH0.png

(Pic Download Link)

bewilder

May 14, 2018
Hello-allo-allo friends and fine people! We thought we'd share a little something with y'all on here again, why not?!

It's May, the start of another month and we're right of the heels of an Agents of Heels release, and that mean Noemi's back in development for another full version! Her v0.5 is incoming in the next few weeks, alright!

To celebrate the hand over, enjoy our fun (if a little sinister) concept as AoH's Poison Ivy meet the no-hearted Kelsey, more than a match for her...muhahaha!

J76mXeP.jpg

And with that all enjoyed, find the full details on our switchover this month right here!

Be ready for a Hell of a show, and beWilder!

bewilder

May 14, 2018
"no-hearted"...?

Not Literally, my friend. A (seemingly unsuccessful) play on heartless, Kelsey's a bit of a self-centered lady, hence the desire for the solo spotlight. That's all, just a bit of fun as we swing from one game's priority development to another.

Hope that clears that up some?

bewilder

May 14, 2018
Hello all, we're back again with some news for those fans that follow along here. We just dropped a full post detailing this month's update for Noemi, including gameplay updates and more importantly, the sex that's coming Noemi's way, and the male attentions she's got coming to her too.

Enjoy the full post here as always, and the picture preview of Frankie hot at work too!

0kFjsQ8.jpg

All the best folks, it's well on its way and soon to be here!

bewilder

May 14, 2018
And we're back again with one last public teasing of our v0.5 update before it goes live! Today we've got a new Tutorial UI for the game, written from the point of view of Noe herself, as she explains how our Restaurant Manager gameplay rocks and rolls!

Check out the full post right here, and with it the tutorial board preview too!

0kgkIFN.jpg

All the best as always folks, keep being awesome, and beWilder!

bewilder

May 14, 2018
Hey ho fans and friends!

Noemi is officially back in our spotlight as we give her all our time for the month! See her friends Asana and Clair team up as all the AC we'll need this summer right here in the official notice!

All the details can be found above, and some heat right here in our special hand over pic!

ICajjny.jpg

Hope that gets y'all hyped for this! We'll be here all month and beyond!

Keep up the hotstuff, and beWilder!

bewilder

May 14, 2018
Hello again folks and watchers, we've got more news to share!

We dropped our big public teaser post on the next batch of Noemi Content just now, right here, and it's full of detail!

Be sure to check out the good stuff, the first look at Kelsey coming to play, and all the updates to make the gameplay swing even better!

All the best to y'all, and we hope to see you shortly when we have more Noemi to share with everyone!

bewilder

May 14, 2018
Hey there fellows and folks! A quick heads up and a status from us!

We've updated to the game to v0.6 in it's most recent update, and now on the heels of that bump we've added v0.3 to our public list! For those who want a little more Noemi in their life, who can't or decide not to be a backer, now's your chance to play some more with her! Have at it!

Stay sexy folks, we'll do the same!

-beWilder

bewilder

May 14, 2018
Hello folks and friends! We're still alive, kicking, and creating! Even made some improvements along the way!

We've thought it might well be time to update our public version yet again, now at v0.4! So have at our ladies as we keep rolling on. Our v0.6 is already out and v0.7 is being set up for production in just a short while too, for those that are interested.

For those who want a taste of more Noemi, not to mention mother Frankie now that she's arrived at Little Toscana! Have at the glorious dishes!

Keep at it and keep it kinky, we'll keep kicking it up a notch!

-beWilder

bewilder

May 14, 2018
Hell-to-the-O forum buddies! We're back again to show our faces and let y'all know about our latest update. Seems we have a couple lurkers from around here who like us!

Today's the day we upped our Public Version again, this time to v0.5.1. We've included a whole bunch of gameplay balancing that we had sussed out with players, fixed a few bugs, and includes a number of small added featured to both Noemi's days and the VN sections. Give her a whirl if you think you can tame the Italian filly!

Have at the feast above, and know that we'll be kicking off the New Year with her v0.8 in development, right after this month's Agents of Heels update.

Seasons best wishes and kinky tidings galore!

-beWilder

bewilder

May 14, 2018
Hey hey out there!

We're back to give a good checking out of our fans and fanettes her in the fenoxo sphere! We're also doing the duty of laving the latest public version link for fans around here. We're up to Public Version v0.6 now, and a few more to cap it off too, with yet more to come. We invite y'all to come by and see cheeky teen Kelsey get in Noe's head... it's only a matter of time before that girl gets Noe to do some crazy things we swear!

All the best to fans and friends out there, we're always up to chat, laugh and scheme as long as we get a call to come have at it!

A tip of the hat to y'all who venture here!

-beWilder

bewilder

May 14, 2018
Hello again folks!

We keep checking in here form time to time, and while it may seem a little like we're talking to a wall here, we do think it's only right to keep those lurking informed on things, so here we are! We've uppped the public offerings to a v0.7 Public Rebuild Version, including the last main girl full integrated into the game, some saucy and x-rated scenes to tingle some more, and now with several new engine and feature improvement that have come in the later versions since the original v0.7 build.

All the best to people out there, we hope y'all stay happy, healthy and horny out there! For those looking for a little on the side action to stay entertained at home, remeber to jump in on our Alternate Universe public concepts polls and pics too, yeah?

Stay safe all and beWilder!

-beWilder

bewilder

May 14, 2018
Hey-hey! Back again guys and girls.

Still not a lot of movement on this thread, but that doesn't me we're not working away and making movements on our end! For those that do watch and lurk here, we've got another bump to the Public Version, now at v0.8! It's another rebuild that quashed some errors in the original outings, but the main thing is of course the whole new content! Adding to the last version, this is wholly focused on a single character arc, Beck's, as he an Noemi but heads over cards and their attitudes. They do not get along, but that doesn't stop Beck from trying to get his parts in hers! See for yourself!

All the best to people out there, we hope y'all stay happy, healthy and horny out there! Just a heads up too if you're looking for something extra to keep you entertained at home these days. Jump in on our publicly open Alternate Universe public concepts polls and pics too, yeah? We do them every alternating week while the Outbreak is on, so have a say in the good stuff.

Stay safe all and beWilder!

-beWilder

To&Fro

Apr 14, 2020
Okay, I have some feedback for you. The gameplay is... odd; even for a Ren'py style game. I eventually got it figured out how to move the girls around for optimal effect, got through how to handle the 'random' sabotage stuff, but the story-line sabotage stuff is somewhat frustrating with the choices given.
There is little sexual content in the game no matter how hard I push things one way or another. You get some topless shots, the secretary scene with the competition and the major sabotage scene (which only cursorily engages the main character) and that's about it. Lots of tease shots with the main characters, nothing significant though. This looks more like a game that is attempting to be mainstream rather than erotic by using dialog and action as the most risque content.
I'll keep trying different variations of choices to see if I can unlock something I'm missing but I've gone through 4 times now in the public version and not seeing much adult content, so if that was supposed to be in the game, it's really difficult to get to.
As a game, it was definitely challenging to figure out how the system worked (thus my odd comment) but by the end of the first time through, I got it. The second time and on it wasn't all that difficult but still fun to see if I could optimize the results. Suggestion here would be to tie the reputation closer to income. I had Noemi's joint at max 5 stars and the competition with a tiny sliver of 1 star. That would mean lots of customers and an increased menu value for Noemi, the other guy would have to be laying off staff, especially with poor food.
Another suggestion, when doing "team building" stuff, both the team member AND Noemi should get the +bonus to the cited area; I wouldn't reduce the rest much more, you should encourage the team building over the individual building. Along the improvement vectors, sections should be there to improve all the team members stats. The instructions say you need to increase nerve which can apparently only be done by making ballsy (sometimes stupid) decisions. I get that but things like poker or even the car wash could also provide opportunities for nerve increase, with consequences of course. These are set to be repeatable (couldn't get to Stage 2 of any of them no matter how high the stat got) but that seems like more of a flaw than an advantage after a point. This is actually the best place to let you do your character personality change and customization, but we get the same scenes over and over.
While the main story-line is important to keep pushing forward, the side stories actually are where the game is at and what makes it the most fun.
So, you're doing a lot of stuff very well but the game does need some improvement. Maybe this is still 'early days' in the game and I'm expecting too much but being $90K+ in the hole and 90+ days into the game, I'm not sure what the play horizon is supposed to be... 2 years? Not sure here, so maybe I'm expecting it to be faster moving when you don't intend it to be. I'm all for a slower moving game, I just am not getting a good feel for the pacing, sorry if this is all my mistake in mis-reading the pacing.

To&Fro

Apr 14, 2020
Okay, I'm going to amend my above comment slightly but not edit it.
Going through on the 5th time I was able to uncover something higher than an "R" rating, however, it was working in a counter intuitive fashion from the 'norm' of these games. That was a bit refreshing in and of itself, but it was by making choices that didn't quite live up to the initials Nice Time for Roo the game has built into it! LOL!
So I'm going to try out some other unintuitive combinations and see if I can find out other interesting scenes.
I'm now thinking this first 4 months is 'early days' of the game, it just seems to spin that way to me at the time being. It doesn't seem to have as much development time put into it as Agent Romanova does, and it moves slower with a more methodical nature. So, if you like double-thinking yourself "Is this a good choice?" this is a clever game. It doesn't actually turn out exactly how you think given the selection options. That could be good or bad. Bioware is famous for this kind of "Hey, that's not the direction I thought this would go!" kind of stuff, which makes it interesting.

bewilder

May 14, 2018
Hey there To&Fro. Cheers for the detailed feedback indeed. It's good to get some player input on this kind of stuff from a variety of sources and we take it seriously indeed. Somethings to think on here for sure.

If you don't mind, I'll give a few points of rebuttable for the sake of explanation (not argument) and maybe we'll talk our way into interesting specific points/ideas to take away as we work on this month's new version. Let me jump in:

Okay, I have some feedback for you. The gameplay is... odd; even for a Ren'py style game. I eventually got it figured out how to move the girls around for optimal effect, got through how to handle the 'random' sabotage stuff, but the story-line sabotage stuff is somewhat frustrating with the choices given.
There is little sexual content in the game no matter how hard I push things one way or another. You get some topless shots, the secretary scene with the competition and the major sabotage scene (which only cursorily engages the main character) and that's about it. Lots of tease shots with the main characters, nothing significant though. This looks more like a game that is attempting to be mainstream rather than erotic by using dialog and action as the most risque content.
I'll keep trying different variations of choices to see if I can unlock something I'm missing but I've gone through 4 times now in the public version and not seeing much adult content, so if that was supposed to be in the game, it's really difficult to get to.
As a game, it was definitely challenging to figure out how the system worked (thus my odd comment) but by the end of the first time through, I got it. The second time and on it wasn't all that difficult but still fun to see if I could optimize the results. Suggestion here would be to tie the reputation closer to income. I had Noemi's joint at max 5 stars and the competition with a tiny sliver of 1 star. That would mean lots of customers and an increased menu value for Noemi, the other guy would have to be laying off staff, especially with poor food.
Another suggestion, when doing "team building" stuff, both the team member AND Noemi should get the +bonus to the cited area; I wouldn't reduce the rest much more, you should encourage the team building over the individual building. Along the improvement vectors, sections should be there to improve all the team members stats. The instructions say you need to increase nerve which can apparently only be done by making ballsy (sometimes stupid) decisions. I get that but things like poker or even the car wash could also provide opportunities for nerve increase, with consequences of course. These are set to be repeatable (couldn't get to Stage 2 of any of them no matter how high the stat got) but that seems like more of a flaw than an advantage after a point. This is actually the best place to let you do your character personality change and customization, but we get the same scenes over and over.
While the main story-line is important to keep pushing forward, the side stories actually are where the game is at and what makes it the most fun.
So, you're doing a lot of stuff very well but the game does need some improvement. Maybe this is still 'early days' in the game and I'm expecting too much but being $90K+ in the hole and 90+ days into the game, I'm not sure what the play horizon is supposed to be... 2 years? Not sure here, so maybe I'm expecting it to be faster moving when you don't intend it to be. I'm all for a slower moving game, I just am not getting a good feel for the pacing, sorry if this is all my mistake in mis-reading the pacing.
Okay, I'm going to amend my above comment slightly but not edit it.
Going through on the 5th time I was able to uncover something higher than an "R" rating, however, it was working in a counter intuitive fashion from the 'norm' of these games. That was a bit refreshing in and of itself, but it was by making choices that didn't quite live up to the initials Nice Time for Roo the game has built into it! LOL!
So I'm going to try out some other unintuitive combinations and see if I can find out other interesting scenes.
I'm now thinking this first 4 months is 'early days' of the game, it just seems to spin that way to me at the time being. It doesn't seem to have as much development time put into it as Agent Romanova does, and it moves slower with a more methodical nature. So, if you like double-thinking yourself "Is this a good choice?" this is a clever game. It doesn't actually turn out exactly how you think given the selection options. That could be good or bad. Bioware is famous for this kind of "Hey, that's not the direction I thought this would go!" kind of stuff, which makes it interesting.

Story/Pacing/Development Points:

- I get the impression you are playing the Public version, which would be v0.8, yeah? I think that's a little bit of the problem you are facing, and the early weakness in our development. Our early versions were focused on getting the main story to the point all the girls were present and strengthen the base of the gameplay. That took us to v0.7 to do. Now we are focused on Character arcs with each Build (Beck was v08-v0.9, Damon v0.10), so we can get into the sex and the side stories. We would have liked to get there sooner, but we go at our current max pace as it is. I'd like to think some of the pacing and other points are alleviated some by v0.10 and getting better. Still, we have more to do, that's true. Lots of sex to ramp up to and add, good times to enjoy in both story and kink indeed.

- The game's scope grew pretty big, so yeah, it is still in early days I would say. About 25%ish done, especially in the gameplay area (see below). The early days still have content to get as well as more of the side arcs waitresses get their content added passed Scene 1-2 of their arc, so as we build it up, we aim for it to be easier to find content too. In regards to AoH getting more focus, it's not really the case, they get about the same, it's just Noe is on a different scale now.

- Also, yes, we do think we are doing something a bit different tot eh regular kind of "Make the girl fail to get the lewds" kind of game. We do hope that comes off as good thing rather than a bad one, even it its not expected for all players. If we can make it clearer though, that would make it better for all, right?

Gameplay Points:

- The gameplay is a little different yeah, but we are trying to make something more than just a visual novel, break a little new ground and be engaging too. That said, for sure we like to know when people find it tricky to grasp. We don't want to go overexplaining things to players, instead trying to be simple but clear enough and make it feel like it's part of the game (like on the Tutorial boards), but we know how the game is supposed to work from the inside out, rather than a players experience. It's hard to get people to nail down what it is they actually do find it hard to grapple with when it starts, so it's very helpful to get those details to improve on.

- The pacing of the debt reduction, and by extension the scene unlocks, picks up between versions and as we add more outcomes. For example, now in v0.11 (upcoming) you can get enough Nerve to unlock Lv3 outcomes, so we will be adding Waitress ones to start. You'll be able to bring in up to $100 (plus Cooking bonus, plus Rep bonus multipliers) from $50, and the daily average will be up from about $30ish to $50ish when Noe unlocks them. It's this kind of incremental content increase that each game adds, that we would like to do more of / do better with, but these kinds of things should help make the point you make about the Rep/Earnings interplay more prominent. Exponentials and all that.

- If you are playing a version less than v0.10, then yeah you'll have seen a lot of repeat scenes in the Day Off. We added a batch to up it by 70% content last time so now there is more than 1 for most of the activites (Yoga and Poker are up to 4, Car Wash 3 for example). That section has been out most undeserved so far, it's true, but sadly Gameplay CGs come at a premium at the expense of story scenes... you know? Anyway, we do agree, it needs more to do and find for sure.

- The team building point is a good one particularly. I do see why Noe would be ripe for a bonus in some ways, but this is more of a structural and balancing issue than a intuitive one. At the moment the game works with the idea that 20 is the cap for all the stats, it may increase as time/need dictates, but for now it's 20. Increasing Noe in line with the other girls makes her too much of being head and shoulders above, and takes away the need to work her up or work up her team (which will be more of an impactful time choice when they have more content to find, and so will need to be waitressing more and having Noe fill in on other jobs). I feel if you get +1 Open Mind to Noe for sitting in the park with Kriem, who also gets a bonus, then Noe alone would need to get 2 Open Mind to balance things so it's not pointless to do, which halves the room we have to play with stat building, or drives up the stat cap a lot, and the derived game-play values (having 40 Romance would mean 2000% Tips earns when doing cooking proactively with max rep... gets crazy fast, right?). Honestly though, while it's small changed with big effects, things like this are where I am most curious as to how the game couple be improved, so I am open to things, just have to think them out carefully, you know?

----

Anyways... Sorry for the bit of a ramble. Like I said, we do appreciate the feedback and the time you took to put it all down. We just got off of a very long release Crunch and are moving back to Noemi, so I'm a little cloudy in the head right now, so forgive me if I missed some points or went astray. Untimely I'm pumped you played it as many as 5 times and liked it that much to do so. Here's hoping that improvement efforts, more versions and time make it even better for you and for all. Lets see if we can't tease out some of these points a bit more and make it so!

bewilder

May 14, 2018

To&Fro

Apr 14, 2020
Thank you for your response!

Yes, I realize public versions are behind in scope from the paid versions, but I use the public versions to see how the development process works at a given developer.

I've played through Noemi's life a bunch of different ways and I appreciate that you've kept it 'different' and not just a 'rush to the sex scenes' kind of program. That's actually what's very attractive to the game for me is that I feel I do influence the characters a bit.

The discord (no, not the app!) for me was that I had no level of expectation where anything would take me. I've spent hours and hours messing with varying levels of skills on all the characters and uncovered what I think is most of the various permutations of the choices and skills.

So, ultimately, a little more clarity on what the skills would expect to bring, combinations of them and how they might mix together to get a general sense of outcome would probably help. Some games also include 'stopping point' notices when reaching a story point limit. I hit a few of those without realizing it and wasted a lot of time trying to move things further. So, even though it's the public version, I think a 'Hey, public version ends here for this character set, hit us up on Patreon to go further or you'll have to wait until the next public update!" That would've saved me some time.

I would say that after all the time I've spent on it, it plays well and has good development. It could do with more save points (only 8 but that may be a Unity thing for all I know) and a decision point 'skip' feature (not just the fast play of the storyline and images) for us wierdos that actually like to see the level of detail you do put into your hard work.

Thank you so much for the fun (and even the frustration can be a bit fun) and I'll keep checking back on Noemi as new updates are posted.

Reactions: bewilder

bewilder

May 14, 2018
Thank you for your response!

Yes, I realize public versions are behind in scope from the paid versions, but I use the public versions to see how the development process works at a given developer.

I've played through Noemi's life a bunch of different ways and I appreciate that you've kept it 'different' and not just a 'rush to the sex scenes' kind of program. That's actually what's very attractive to the game for me is that I feel I do influence the characters a bit.

The discord (no, not the app!) for me was that I had no level of expectation where anything would take me. I've spent hours and hours messing with varying levels of skills on all the characters and uncovered what I think is most of the various permutations of the choices and skills.

So, ultimately, a little more clarity on what the skills would expect to bring, combinations of them and how they might mix together to get a general sense of outcome would probably help. Some games also include 'stopping point' notices when reaching a story point limit. I hit a few of those without realizing it and wasted a lot of time trying to move things further. So, even though it's the public version, I think a 'Hey, public version ends here for this character set, hit us up on Patreon to go further or you'll have to wait until the next public update!" That would've saved me some time.

I would say that after all the time I've spent on it, it plays well and has good development. It could do with more save points (only 8 but that may be a Unity thing for all I know) and a decision point 'skip' feature (not just the fast play of the storyline and images) for us wierdos that actually like to see the level of detail you do put into your hard work.

Thank you so much for the fun (and even the frustration can be a bit fun) and I'll keep checking back on Noemi as new updates are posted.

Cheers for your reply too! Sorry for my tardiness in returning it, busy week I tell ya.

It's cool that you use the Public Version, it after all the standard we ourselves have put to the world at large after all, I merely make the distinction that since v0.8 was the first in our turn of making release single character focused, the delta between it and v0.10 should (I would hope) show the expectation of the next few versions and the overall progress. That's really all. If you keep up with the game, I think that'll become clear over time with new public versions anyway, so it's all good.

So I take two main points of feedback from your latest post, and I'd like to drill down a little on them if you will let me. It can be hard to find folks who give more than just their initial thoughts after all.

Firstly, you point out that the link between skills/leveling and how that directly effects the daily actions. How, as a player, would you have us do so? We have a tutorial board during the gameplay segments which we tried to make the effects explained short/simply/within the narrative of the game (Noe explains like she's talking to us). It seems this isn't sufficient though, so how better do we do it? Something like a direct list of cause and effect with no fuss/muss? As in "Competitive: Adds extra points to rep gain every promotion day. Unlocks Beck arc and Sal arc scenes. Allows deeper repeatable on Poker and Car Wash day offs". Or are you suggesting something more subtle like directions within the scenes or the like? I wonder which is better for the overall game. Clarity but 4th wall breaking or within the game's narrative...

Secondly, we do have something similar to the end of content notice you suggest, only it's not as direct as the end of version notice we have. Can I ask, did you find the Progress Tracker pop-up on the Main Day Menu (see spoiler)? That should be all you need to know when an arc is over for now, if you remember to check it that is. Now, we admit we are finding it that some people are missing finding this even though we think it's obviously placed, but if they aren't that means we're wrong.

I ask, because if you didn't know about it, does it solve your problem? If you did, what is it missing that we could use to improve this kind of thing so it could do better, from your experience? We're going to be updating this UI soon so knowing what people need would be a hand. (it was hastily added a few versions ago so people had something, but it looks ugly and needs actual work, we know). Or, is it simply not the right tool for this particular job, if helpful for other things?

706672_Annotation_2020-06-14_122204.jpg

Oh, thirdly! Saves. No, more than 8 save slots are possible. It's actually on the list to do, along with a Gallery. We got AoH to work with an infinite save system so it's mostly a matter of finding the time to put off some content in a version to do the UI to fit Noemi, then move over the code. I may be a job for v0.12, if not the saves, the Gallery. Thanks for letting us know you need more though!

Alright! It's almost the weekend and I've got plenty of Noemi to write up for future updates (she's getting sexier and crazier with age, I tell ya), so I'll leave my questions for you to mull over, and we'll check back in some time soon. Cheers for the help, and double cheers for the Noemi in you too! Here's to a lot more of her and her girls, eh? July is her update month after all!

All the best,

-beWilder